2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• OMG what a tiebreak, 25:23.

Polish commentator said that this was match for the F6 qualification.

And I don’t remember when I watched 3 hours match :/

If you consider that Poland will face Japan, Germany and Portugal while Italy has to beat France, Canada and Brazil, I think this game was quite important for the qualification.. maybe that is what the commentator intended..

• what time is it scheduled to start?

Well for my time it was originally scheduled 5AM HK/MNL time.. That is just so weird

• OMG what a tiebreak, 25:23.

Polish commentator said that this was match for the F6 qualification.

And I don’t remember when I watched 3 hours match :/

Yes, this game is very important for both teams, especially Poland. Poland has a relatively schedule next week, and is likely to grab all the 3 victories. As long as Italy loses one match in the tough pool (with Canada, France and Brazil) next week, Poland will get the upper hand.

This is a very entertaining match, with so many factors (big momentum swings, Giannelli's magic second touch more than once, spiking out at match point, importance for F6 qualification, etc) available to make this an exciting match.

• Maybe I was just mistaken. I'm intoxicated while typing this thats how much I love Russian NT :lol:

• I'm totally done with Zimmermann. He has proved that he doesn't have the level. Germany needs to search for a young setter with some more potential.

A good setter can really make a difference. Italy is just a good example in this year's VNL.

• It’s during this pressured type of game where Russia should be using Kobzar and Poletaev to give them the experience irregardless of the result. Wtf Russia

I think this is a tactical approach by the coach. Russia is ready to lose this match not playing with their strongest lineup.. Maybe Russia is already thinking of the possible re match with Brazil in Final 6 who knows

• I think this is a tactical approach by the coach. Russia is ready to lose this match not playing with their strongest lineup.. Maybe Russia is already thinking of the possible re match with Brazil in Final 6 who knows

AFAIC Poletaev is missing the next tour in Australia. Sammelvuo aims to test the squad as it will be at the next tour. Did the same thing in Iran, by the way.

• The difference in Russia's middle attack with Kobzar is palpable.. Kovalev barely used the middles in Sets 1 & 2.. Also, havent read anywhere where it says Poletaev will miss the final leg on Australia but I do not see the logic at all of not letting him play now after being Russia's top scorer in a few games now

• Kobzar and Kurkaev connection is just a joy to watch :super:

• Kubzar is celebrating like his life depends on winning this set :lol:

He has always been like this.. He is not only the team's captain but dare I say also their spiritual leader