2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Kwolek? Didn't he tear his ACL not too long ago or am I imagining things?

Thought Leon would make his debut playing at home too. Leal is already with Brazil in Katowice and I don't understand why Leon wouldn't be there too.

• pity Kubiak is not coming to Iran for the 3rd week. he just made everybody love him here. :lol:

This is Iran's squad for the 1st week (and most probably the 2nd week)

S: Marouf, Karimi

OP: Ghafour, Yali

OH: Ebadipour, Ghaemi, Fayyazi, Manavinejad, Sharifi

MB: Mousavi, Shafiei, Mojarrad

L: Moazzen, Hazratpour

main libero Marandi is injured and won't play this summer. Shahram Mahmoudi recently changed his mind about retiring from the NT but he will join the team after the VNL. the rest is more or less the same as last year but Kolakovic just replaced some very young bench players with more experienced players. Fayyazi (Kubiak's new love interest) was the MVP of Iranian league last season, I'm more curious to see him in the NT.

with hosting 2 weekends this time and have a very good schedule this year (not traveling to the American continent) Iran's goal this year is to qualify for the final six. everything looks good for that except one small detail. the team's technical level is not that good anymore :lol:

• Canada week 1:

S: Brett Walsh, Adam Schriemer
    OPP: Sharone Vernon-Evans, Ryan Sclater

OH: Gordon Perrin, Stephen Maar, Eric Loeppky, Jason DeRocco

MB: Graham Vigrass, Lucas VanBerkel, Arthur Szwarc, Justin Duff

L: Blair Bann, Steven Marshall

• Serbia Week 1:

S: ANDRIJA VILIMANOVIĆ (ACH LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIJA) I VUK TODOROVIĆ (VOJVODINA NS SEME, NOVI SAD).

OPP: DUŠAN PETKOVIĆ (SORA, ITALIJA) I BOŽIDAR VUČIĆEVIĆ (VOJVODINA NS SEME, NOVI SAD).

L: NEVEN MAJSTOROVIĆ (KRAJOVA, RUMUNIJA) I NIKOLA PEKOVIĆ (PARTIZAN).

MB: PETAR KRSMANOVIĆ (GAZPROM JUGRA SURGUT, RUSIJA), ALEKSANDAR OKOLIĆ (PAOK SOLUN, GRČKA), STEVAN SIMIĆ (VOJVODINA NS SEME, NOVI SAD) I STEFAN KOVAČEVIĆ (VOJVODINA NS SEME, NOVI SAD).

OH: LAZAR ĆIROVIĆ (PADOVA, ITALIJA), MILAN KATIĆ (BELHATOV, POLJSKA), MIRAN KUJUNDŽIĆ (VOJVODINA NS SEME, NOVI SAD) I DAVID MEHIĆ (VOJVODINA NS SEME, NOVI SAD).

• Could you describe a bit more reaction in Iran's media about his words? He hit Iran overall very strong and I'm curious of the reaction.

well it was on top of the non-football related headlines for couple of days and obviously the reaction was negative. some people here are a bit sensitive to racists comments like that. but it was also on the media that his interview received negative response in Poland as well.

• Is Seyed really that lazy? He can be a great MB in some other teams.

of course he is, why do you think he is not leaving Iran despite having several offers from European clubs in past few years ?!

Didn't expect a win here, even against this Italy, and the first 1.5 set was also disastrous but Fayazi's presence was key from the second set.

• Both youngsters, Brehme and Weber, are starting for germany and they are doing a good job so far. Only problem so far is the contribution from the left side. Reception is fine but offens-wise; Reichert and Sossenheimer still should improve.