2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Germany casually destroying China with tips and block touches. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The setting to position 4 is very inconsistent.

Yes, that is probably part of the "problem".

Service is working really well for Germany. Almost everyone can put pressure on chinese team. Also Brehme and Weber are really helpful in this department.

But truth be told, China is not making it too difficult so far for germany.

• I guess everything ran a bit too smooth in the first two sets. Lets see how the team reacts now once Chinese team raised its level.

• The 3rd place of 2015 U21 WCH:

S - Yu Yao-chen, Xu Zhen-sen

OP - Yu Guang-hui, Lin Wei-qi

OH - Liu Li-bin, Zhu Zhi-yuan, Du Hai-xiang, Fu Hou-wen

MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Li Yuan-bo, Rao Shu-han

L - Zhi Jia-cheng

Why can't China men's NT be stronger?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Yu's doing a better job.

• another boo-boo by Giani when he replaced Sossenheimer with Fromm.

• Because Raul Lozano is head coach. Cant remember when physically superior team like China comparing to Germany looked that poor in first 2 sets... all thanks to Lozano.

• of course he is, why do you think he is not leaving Iran despite having several offers from European clubs in past few years ?!

Didn't expect a win here, even against this Italy, and the first 1.5 set was also disastrous but Fayazi's presence was key from the second set.

To be honest I've expected much easier win for Iran as this Italy is quite young and unexperienced on this level. IMO class difference was visible in those rare occasions when Iran managed to serve, block and attack well.

• To be honest I've expected much easier win for Iran as this Italy is quite young and unexperienced on this level. IMO class difference was visible in those rare occasions when Iran managed to serve, block and attack well.

I don't know how other teams are prepared but Iran didn't play any preparation before the VNL. which means the last time some of these players had a real match was 3 months ago in Iranian league . beside that Iran had a history of starting the season very bad. actually this is the first time for Iran winning the opening match in WL/VNL !

also Iran always struggles against good serving team and there were couple of very good servers in this Italian team.

• I do hope that the japanese team can bring through their game against better teams than that serbian team as well. Their agility and dynamic makes them really fun to watch :super::super:

• As I have heard some complaints over the years as to how Bulgaria (and no one else) fails to be a good organizer (by some wanna-be pundits only, of course, but still), with last year's WCH as the latest example, I now have to point out that USA and Brazil, two of the game's powerhouses, are playing in front of an iconic but empty Spodek Hall in Katowice. Nothing more to add, without aiming for a brawl in any way.

Otherwise, 3 from Long Beach State's recent back-to-back collegiate champions start for USA (the setter Tuaniga, DeFalco, and Ensing). Tuaniga is doing great so far. I liked Ma'a more, to be honest, don't know what his form is or how he's been doing this year so far.

I enjoyed watching the very young German roster today. There are some other promising players in VCO Berlin, for instance, and they should have bright years ahead. The most impressive performance so far today belongs, in my opinion, to Pouria Fayazi.