2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Tong Jia-hua was injured on his waist. Chen Jia-jie replaced him.

Liu Li-bin was injured on his leg. Du Hai-xiang replaced him.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Flavio has been blocking a lot... He's new, right?

Unfortunately he's not that young and also undersized. It'll be a big surprise if he makes the olympic roster. He'll probably play in Panamerican Games and that's it.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• They picked up injuries now?

Watched some parts, China is tragic under Lozano, simply helpless...

I really don't get this criticism on Lozano.

I simply don't think China is athletically there yet to compete against the best and I don't believe the chinese players will suddenly and constantly rip a 130 km/h serve any time without making a number of faults.

Honestly their attack and block is already there, they just need to improve on their defending and serving to take them to the next level and that's probably the hardest to train especially with a different language. Most Chinese players aren't even playing in european clubs. I really wonder how many of these players are truly experienced enough as professional volleyball players. Even Shanghai didn't really do much in CWC IIRC.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Unfortunately he's not that young and also undersized. It'll be a big surprise if he makes the olympic roster. He'll probably play in Panamerican Games and that's it.

He’s 26 and 204cm. Lucas is 33 and keeps playing in high level, so I think Flávio can have a bright future in Brazil’s NT

• Richards

He’s 26 and 204cm. Lucas is 33 and keeps playing in high level, so I think Flávio can have a bright future in Brazil’s NT

Flavio's 199cm from VNL.

#FreeBritney

• Detalhes

Weee .. Batalha dos ops canhotos ..

Oops .. Ohtake é o Opps do conjunto 2.

Eu realmente gosto de Volkov / Kliuka como OHs ... Eles podem def / receber bem.

Link to watch??? please

• I really don't get this criticism on Lozano.

I simply don't think China is athletically there yet to compete against the best and I don't believe the chinese players will suddenly and constantly rip a 130 km/h serve any time without making a number of faults.

Honestly their attack and block is already there, they just need to improve on their defending and serving to take them to the next level and that's probably the hardest to train especially with a different language. Most Chinese players aren't even playing in european clubs. I really wonder how many of these players are truly experienced enough as professional volleyball players. Even Shanghai didn't really do much in CWC IIRC.

You can see my posts in the website:

Chinese Male Superleague 2018/2019 (Oct.22 - )

or you can see the news in CVA (Chinese Volleyball Association) in Chinese language:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/cva/

By the way,

(I will perhaps use many Chinglish words. Sorry)

Liu Li-bin joined Tourcoing in Season 17/18 as the substitute OH of Klaymar, a Ukraine OH.

He met his former clubmate, Tim Smit in the match of China against Netherlands in WCH 2018.

He should meet his another former clubmate, Miguel Tavares, if he is not injured heavily and he can go to Portugal for VNL.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I really don't get this criticism on Lozano.

Are you serious :aww: 29/71 with only 3 Iranian blocks is good attack :rolll: What does clubs have with NT? Does most of Japanse or Iranian players are playing in Europe? China has powerful, tall players which should/must dominate on the net,

Last few years Lozano is a clown living on his previous results and taking money.

Read more about Chinese program for talented athletes and their professionalism. Then read again what you wrote.

Everyone who knows little bit about volley can see this China isn't improving under Lozano. It's pointless to discuss with person which has 0 days in profi volley about things above. :win:

• I'm not sure what you're asserting but height shouldn't be the only factor in dominating volleyball or Russia would have been unbeatable. I mean this is not the 1950s.

There's a reason Brazil have been very consistent for the past three decades or so. They stroke the perfect balance of having a strong league, players from all walks of life and race and most importantly height and speed.

I think you forget about our genetic make up. I don't want to bring up stereotypes but sadly asians get injured a lot. It's not a coincidence two chinese players are already out. We're just thay prone to injuries. Add the fact chinese players are tall and the risk of injuries can only increase threefolds for our race. Things like that will get in the way on improving the way China is approaching volleyball.

Honestly I'm not against your opinion. I do see some valid points as he's already in charge of China for two years but Lozano being blamed for China's "underperformance" only sounds like a scapegoatism to me. Other teams are also improving while China is stuck with their own traditions.

They need to find a way to strengthen their bodies without actually breaking it during the process or they'll always get stuck in rehab for injuries.

Ze Guimaraes of Brazil said negative comments about the way chinese medical staff treat their club players. There's even a theory about foreign imports playing worse after China so the pattern speaks for itself.

#FreeBritney

• Maybe it's just me but I love the dramatics from Heynen. :gone:

I think Speraw should try some of that. He's just too cool and stoic but internally he's probably screaming his lungs out. :lol:

#FreeBritney