2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• K. Shoji is having problems on location.

It's not that he lacks the skill but the physical limitation is visible as he's trying to set the ball at his highest possible reach.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That was a really bad line-shot from Garrett M. Sorry I can't spell his last name. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I love the positive and fiery vibes from USA's players. It wasn't the best volleyball I've seen but it is nice to see new players instead of the same roster they keep on using since 2014.

#FreeBritney

• Watching ARG-BUL I noticed an abnormal number of net touch faults, I think they were like 20 or something in just 3 sets, not kidding.

SESC has a fantastic player with Jan Martínez, I would be disappointed if he's anything less than brilliant for them next season.

• Watching ARG-BUL I noticed an abnormal number of net touch faults, I think they were like 20 or something in just 3 sets, not kidding.

SESC has a fantastic player with Jan Martínez, I would be disappointed if he's anything less than brilliant for them next season.

SESC once again has a really good team next season. On paper, at least. I'll be looking forward to see if they manage to screw everything up once again. :D

• about CHN NT:

well, they did crush GER in sets 3 and 4, so they showed a bit of what they can do when they can pass and defend well. in last WCh, they were the best blocking team in first round (i read that stat here) but still lost every single match. what does that tell you? the basic skill level is just low. VB is more than just attacking and blocking (well, more so in women's game than men's). it seems that CHN NT selects very tall players but with bad skills. they are a bit like DOM women, except the DOM are much more successful in the world stage. it seems their philosophy is just selecting for height and hope they can overwhelm smaller teams like JPN and KOR. well, these last two teams are showing what they can do with better skills. and this tactic is not working against top teams.

IRN is a stark contrast to CHN. you can see their athleticism and skill level is miles ahead of those tall, lumbering CHN players that can't move and can't pass, can't defend or set the ball in transition... IIRC libero (tong) tried to set a couple of balls in transition against GER, and they were terrible sets.

there's some hope in players like jiang chuan, rao shuhan, and things certainly improved when yu yaochen came in for mao tianyu, who i guess, the coaches like because he is a 2 m tall setter, but hasn't been too successful...

• Germany was always a tough matchup for Iran, even without some key players. they didn't deserve a 3-0 defeat today.

good weekend for Iran with 9pts but the next matches will be much harder. the problem is Kolakovic doesn't trust the reserve Opposite even when Ghafour had a bad day like today. I also really hope he gives chances to Karimi because Marouf can't play forever.

• Is the US playing the 4x2 system???!!! WTF? I thought Micah Ma'a was a setter...

• Is the US playing the 4x2 system???!!! WTF? I thought Micah Ma'a was a setter...

He used to play in a 6-2 rotation in UCLA from what I remember.

#FreeBritney

• He's playing as receiving OH today. So he is like universal...?!

• any link for USAvs Australia?

• He's playing as receiving OH today. So he is like universal...?!

he has wide range of skills. he played oh, setter, opp in college. his best asset was serting but due to team injuries last season he played opp then oh and singled handedly carried his team. personally i want to see him in setter position because tuaniga is blocking liability.

• Guys, I think it would be a good idea if you bookmark this link:

https://live-stream365.com/onlineplayer.php?stream_id=795535

There you could find all the matches streaming. It is some second delayed (just 3), but the quality isnt so bad.

It is the same link if you want to watch women's VNL.