2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Bright future for Maa, passing dimes (serves of Walker) and offense is on point, oh he is a setter by the way...

• The father favors his son again 😤

Tillie can't kill the ball in one go, his reception's not stable.

• Lucarelli is probably in his best shape ever after his injury. Leal is doing great in attack today too and the guy has only trained with the NT for like 3 days. Unfortunately for Douglas, I think he'll be kept on the bench and come in when reception is crumbling.

• I honestly prefer Douglas over the other OHs. I think he's a better player overall.

• When brazilian reception crumbles with Leal and Lucarelli, I don't think Douglas will be the solution as I feel both Mauricio and Lucas Loh are better receivers.

My guess is that Douglas will still make the olympic roster as the fifth OH. I don't think Renan will bring another opposite unless Wallace gets an injury.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• There is no reason right now to bring Mauricio back. I don't think he'll ever come back to the NT unless there are some injuries.

• There is no reason right now to bring Mauricio back. I don't think he'll ever come back to the NT unless there are some injuries.

Honestly the real question for Renan is which Libero to bring to Tokyo. Thales or Maique.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Honestly the real question for Renan is which Libero to bring to Tokyo. Thales or Maique.

He'll probably bring both. I don't see ANY reason as to why Douglas would be the fifth OH. He's top 2/3 in the squad these days. The squad in Tokyo will probably be Bruno/William, Wallace/Evandro (Alan), Lucarelli, Leal, Douglas, Isac, Lucão, Maurício, Thales, Maique. Hopefully teams will be able to bring 14 players this time around though, that'd leave a spot for Borges/Loh and Flávio/Otávio.

• Poletaev is still not making a good impression. It's very worrying.

#FreeBritney

• If the Olympics rules allow the use of two líberos per match then it's okay to bring Maique and Thales. If not, it doesn't make sense to bring both of them.

• It's probably time for Russia to use Kobzar.

#FreeBritney

• Vlasov reminds me so much Efimova. Not physically, but how they move on the court and their "presence".

• This Todorovic guy from Serbia seems good. He's bold and smart in his choices. I like him today.

ETA: Vucicevic is so ridiculously hot :gone:

• This Todorovic guy from Serbia seems good. He's bold and smart in his choices. I like him today.

Same.

Serbia's 4th opposite is also good. I think there are even some experienced serbian opposites that weren't called in the NT and he's already challenging Petkovic. :white:

Yeah me too. :lol:

#FreeBritney

• Poletaev after having just concluded an amazing club season, it's such a mystery why he is such having a hard time adapting in NT. If he continues like this, I'm afraid his roster for Tokyo is not so secured after all.. Kliuka at the moment I think can be a better Opp than him

• Kliuka-Volkov OH duo is just amazing, both 50% + in attack. Russia just needs to find a third OH who can help when the reception crumbles and of course, a stable Poletaev. At least until Maxim returns :whistle: