2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Germany’s three consecutive wining challenges give a lot of pressure to the referees.

Germany managed to get back in set 4. The 2nd referee noticed the rotation error from Canadian side, which makes Canada lost the set directly. It was a bold move for the referee.

• Walsh still has a problem setting to the left. Hoag and Derocco had to tip a lot.

Apart from that, he has been doing so well both blocking and floor defense.

Starters for the Olympics Qualification should be as follow.

OHs. Marr, Hoag

MBs: Vigrass, Van Berkel

S: TJ

Opp: Sherone

L: Bann

this match they were leading like 6 points in the fourth set. They shouldn't have let Germany came back.

• im pissed at Laurent Tillie. :mad:

I have this feeling that they gave this game to Bulgaria :down:

If i'm one of the challenger teams. I'll ask my federation to look into this.

• im pissed at Laurent Tillie. :mad:

I have this feeling that they gave this game to Bulgaria :down:

If i'm one of the challenger teams. I'll ask my federation to look into this.

Yes, because that's the only way for France to lose a game, right? And what will their respective federations find?! Teams playing with B and C squads all over the world, experimenting and losing sets, points, and matches here and there. This statement is ridiculous.

• they played with a B team... POR is probably pissed right now.

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Yeah, I am sure Portugal are pissed because Bulgaria's youngsters beat France, not because Portugal are by far the weakest team in the Nations League.

Guys, don't be pathetic losers. Bulgaria beat fair and square France in a friendly match, just what most of the matches in the tournament so far are.

• yavor, your statement is pathetic. POR the weakest team by far, and they still beat BUL...

In a totally friendly-like atmosphere, Portugal beat part of Bulgaria's second team. Big deal! Bulgaria beat Canada, does it mean Bulgaria are the best team because Canada have also beaten everyone until now? Wait, alarm FIVB immediately! Canada lost to Bulgaria on purpose, thus giving them chances to stay in the league!!! Because they will be eliminated otherwise!

Nothing else is pathetic but yours and that French guy's comment above. This is just gold!

• yeah, yavor, you're just the god of volleyball. i forgot that.

What you also forgot is that France are the real gods of volleyball! They only lose when they decide to, they cannot be beaten otherwise! They can only lose when they play with a B or C team. Or in the worst case, just to screw over Portugal (or anyone else), we know that Portugal would've otherwise stayed in the league.

• Yes, because that's the only way for France to lose a game, right? And what will their respective federations find?! Teams playing with B and C squads all over the world, experimenting and losing sets, points, and matches here and there. This statement is ridiculous.

Im just saying i'll be pretty pissed if i'm Australia right now.

France is in no way shorthanded and they need not to experiment like most of the teams in this league. They chose not to play their best line-up possible even if they're available.

If they wanted to win that game, they can easily replace underperforming players. Corre is the back-up of the back-up setter. And Louati is like what? Their 6th OH?

• they played with a B team... POR is probably pissed right now.

More like their C team, Australia can relate :sos:

• In a totally friendly-like atmosphere, Portugal beat part of Bulgaria's second team. Big deal! Bulgaria beat Canada, does it mean Bulgaria are the best team because Canada have also beaten everyone until now? Wait, alarm FIVB immediately! Canada lost to Bulgaria on purpose, thus giving them chances to stay in the league!!! Because they will be eliminated otherwise!

Nothing else is pathetic but yours and that French guy's comment above. This is just gold!

I'm not undermining Bulgaria's capacity to win a game. I just hate it when a team decides not to play their best. I also find it disrespectful to the opposing team.

I'm not French btw.

• only injuries could force Kolakovic to change his starting lineup. :lol: this is stupid if he thinks they can play 5 weeks without a change. when he is going to give rest to Marouf or Ebadipour for example ? I'm sure that won't happen next week in their hometown of Urmia.

didn't expect such easy 3-0 win without Ghafour and Mousavi . :drink:

• Im just saying i'll be pretty pissed if i'm Australia right now.

France is in no way shorthanded and they need not to experiment like most of the teams in this league. They chose not to play their best line-up possible even if they're available.

If they wanted to win that game, they can easily replace underperforming players. Corre is the back-up of the back-up setter. And Louati is like what? Their 6th OH?

Replace Corre with Brizard and you will get the very same line-up that won the match against Poland. But when they win it is totally alright, correct? Corre was not the problem for France at all. As a matter of fact, France possible underestimated Bulgaria, having taken the 2-0 advantage. Which doesn't mean they let Bulgaria win! Yes, Tillie could've played with Brizard, Boyer, and Lyneel in the tie-break, but what guarantees the result would've been any different? The line-up he has used during the past 2 weeks shows that, no matter if you will acknowledge it or not, Tillie is also experimenting with his options, while giving some key players the chance to rest. Yet, we still had Le Goff, Boyer, and Grebennikov on court today, showing France had taken the game seriously.

Why should Australia have a problem with the outcome of the match? They are yet to play against the allegedly weaker opponents and they will get their points. If there is something to blame, that would be the ridiculous schedule, sending teams on numerous airports and continents, or the formula itself. But mostly, these professional teams (should) only blame themselves for the chances missed. Like Australia losing to Serbia's C or D squad. Or not taking advantage against USA in Poland last week, for instance. Blaming it, completely unrightfully, on Tillie's France is really ridiculous, as I said.

• Great second set for Portugal :D Even one set against USA is a pretty good result for teams like that, and they keep fighting, so I hope they'll be able to win at least one more.. .They'll play home next week so I hope they manage to beat China, and who knows, with a little bit of luck they can even beat or at least get a point against Serbia, if they continue to play like they do.

• Replace Corre with Brizard and you will get the very same line-up that won the match against Poland. But when they win it is totally alright, correct? Corre was not the problem for France at all. As a matter of fact, France possible underestimated Bulgaria, having taken the 2-0 advantage. Which doesn't mean they let Bulgaria win! Yes, Tillie could've played with Brizard, Boyer, and Lyneel in the tie-break, but what guarantees the result would've been any different? The line-up he has used during the past 2 weeks shows that, no matter if you will acknowledge it or not, Tillie is also experimenting with his options, while giving some key players the chance to rest. Yet, we still had Le Goff, Boyer, and Grebennikov on court today, showing France had taken the game seriously.

Why should Australia have a problem with the outcome of the match? They are yet to play against the allegedly weaker opponents and they will get their points. If there is something to blame, that would be the ridiculous schedule, sending teams on numerous airports and continents, or the formula itself. But mostly, these professional teams (should) only blame themselves for the chances missed. Like Australia losing to Serbia's C or D squad. Or not taking advantage against USA in Poland last week, for instance. Blaming it, completely unrightfully, on Tillie's France is really ridiculous, as I said.

I'm not sure if you're serious about doubting the outcome had it been Boyer, Brizard, Lyneel or Le Goff on the court. :teach:

Yes, the coach is experimenting and i don't know why he's doing this. Again, there is no need to experiment with the players he have in his disposal.

Timothee is playing well yet he replaced him with Yacine.

His key players are resting, truth. In fact, some of them are not even in the line-up. :dance6:

Jenia and Le Goff played in a lot of sets, yes. but Boyer just played in sets 1 and 2 of this game in 2 weeks, he doesn't need more rest. :super: