2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Replace Corre with Brizard and you will get the very same line-up that won the match against Poland. But when they win it is totally alright, correct? Corre was not the problem for France at all. As a matter of fact, France possible underestimated Bulgaria, having taken the 2-0 advantage. Which doesn't mean they let Bulgaria win! Yes, Tillie could've played with Brizard, Boyer, and Lyneel in the tie-break, but what guarantees the result would've been any different? The line-up he has used during the past 2 weeks shows that, no matter if you will acknowledge it or not, Tillie is also experimenting with his options, while giving some key players the chance to rest. Yet, we still had Le Goff, Boyer, and Grebennikov on court today, showing France had taken the game seriously.

Why should Australia have a problem with the outcome of the match? They are yet to play against the allegedly weaker opponents and they will get their points. If there is something to blame, that would be the ridiculous schedule, sending teams on numerous airports and continents, or the formula itself. But mostly, these professional teams (should) only blame themselves for the chances missed. Like Australia losing to Serbia's C or D squad. Or not taking advantage against USA in Poland last week, for instance. Blaming it, completely unrightfully, on Tillie's France is really ridiculous, as I said.

I'm not sure if you're serious about doubting the outcome had it been Boyer, Brizard, Lyneel or Le Goff on the court. :teach:

Yes, the coach is experimenting and i don't know why he's doing this. Again, there is no need to experiment with the players he have in his disposal.

Timothee is playing well yet he replaced him with Yacine.

His key players are resting, truth. In fact, some of them are not even in the line-up. :dance6:

Jenia and Le Goff played in a lot of sets, yes. but Boyer just played in sets 1 and 2 of this game in 2 weeks, he doesn't need more rest. :super:

• Well, Boyer had an average game so...

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• Well, Boyer had an average game so...

Ok he had an average game but they did win sets 1 & 2. So.... no need to introduced a new line-up.

Bulgaria made changes and it worked, kudos to them!

What did Laurent Tillie do to counter? NOTHING

i'm ok with exposing every player in the roster but not when it cost you a game and those precious points or the play-offs.

France is my favorite team and i want them to win this VNL, Euro and the Olympics.

P.S.

This is my final post on this topic.

• Canada about to throw a game to Serbia's B team, yeesh. I have yet to be convinced by them this VNL.

Also I hope Vucicevic manages to grab a spot as Atanasijevic's backup in the near future because god I wouldn't mind watching him whenever I can. :roll:

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Bronze - Volleyball Nations League 2019 (W) Prediction Game

• Some changes to the Serbia NT for the next weekend in Portugal, the team will join Jovovic, Luburic, Kujundzic, instead of Vilimanovic, Pavlovic and Masulovic.

Olympic gold medal, Sydney 2000. : Vladimir Batez, Slobodan Kovač, Slobodan Boškan, Đula Mešter, Vasa Mijić, Nikola Grbić, Vladimir Grbić, Andrija Gerić, Goran Vujević, Ivan Miljković, Veljko Petković, Igor Vušurović - HC Zoran Gajić

• Canada about to throw a game to Serbia's B team, yeesh. I have yet to be convinced by them this VNL.

Also I hope Vucicevic manages to grab a spot as Atanasijevic's backup in the near future because god I wouldn't mind watching him whenever I can. :roll:

41 errors to 19 of Serbia sheesh. One of the worst games I've seen this group play. Canada is very talented but they won't make final 6 if they keep throwing up stinkers like this and the Bulgaria match.

• Poland for 3rd week:

S: Marcin Janusz (25/191), Grzegorz Łomacz (32/188).

OH: Tomasz Fornal (22/200), Bartosz Kwolek (22/193), Piotr Łukasik (25/208), Artur Szalpuk (24/201), Aleksander Śliwka (24/198).

MB: Norbert Huber (21/207), Karol Kłos (30/201), Jakub Kochanowski (22/199).

Opp: Łukasz Kaczmarek (26/204), Dawid Konarski (30/198).

Libero: Jędrzej Gruszczyński (22/186), Jakub Popiwczak (23/180).

• Serbia for 3rd week in Portugal:

S: Nikola Jovović, Vuk Todorović

Opp: Dražen Luburić, Dušan Petković, Božidar Vučićević

L: Neven Majstorović, Nikola Peković

MB: Petar Krsmanović, Aleksandar Okolić, Stevan Simić

OH: Lazar Ćirović, Milan Katić, Miran Kujundžić, David Mehić

Olympic gold medal, Sydney 2000. : Vladimir Batez, Slobodan Kovač, Slobodan Boškan, Đula Mešter, Vasa Mijić, Nikola Grbić, Vladimir Grbić, Andrija Gerić, Goran Vujević, Ivan Miljković, Veljko Petković, Igor Vušurović - HC Zoran Gajić

• Best luck in Iran!

• Russia roster ? Bulgaria and france?

S: G. Bratoev, Seganov

OPP: Sokolov, Uchikov

OHs: Atanasov, Skrimov, N. Penchev, R. Penchev

MBs: Gotsev, Todorov, A. Grozdanov, Georgiev

L: V.Ivanov, Karakashev

4 changes. Tsvetan Sokolov (OPP), Vladislav Ivanov (L), Martin Atanasov (OH), and Teodor Todorov (MB) have joined the team.