2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Bulgaria is such a mess:gone: Libero is non-existent.:gone:

I only watched bits of the match (and the highlights later on), so I don't know which of the two liberos you were referring to. The starter, Vladislav Ivanov, who had been left to train with the smaller group while the rest of the team travelled, hadn't played competitive volleyball since the conflict with Konstantinov. He's been without a contract for a year, hence, although he may have been Bulgaria's best libero then, the surprise that he even started. You can't play competitive volleyball immediately when you practically had a year off. No wonder he did poorly and had to be taken out. About his sub, Petar Karakashev. I don't know how he did yesterday, to be honest, but he showed some great defence in previous matches and has potential to develop more.

From the little I saw, it seemed like a very entertaining match. Australia looked more compact due to the time this specific group spent together already. I really liked Dosanjh, a very modern setter. Sokolov should quickly switch to playing rhythm again, it wasn't that long ago when he won all the finals with Lube and seemed in form. Atanasov started the match pretty well but was taken out, perhaps he also needs time. 2 other things I noticed. First, very little interest in Varna. The hall wasn't quite full even for the national team... I hope they sell more tickets at least for the Italy match (don't know what the prices are, to be honest). I hope the attendance in Plovdiv in the last weekend will be better, the men's NT has (almost?, no idea) never played in Plovdiv before. Second, some terrible referee's decisions and wrong video checks... And I didn't watch the entire match.

The only thing I could watch to a certain extent was Portugal's match in Gondomar. Portugal are doing what they can and they did great against a confused Chinese team. Pity because with a normal coach this group of Chinese could've been a more serious threat. Although I still don't see Portugal taking more points than Australia for now, the sympathetic Portuguese played with heart and already left their mark in the competition. And thanks to the commentator, there is something new I learned last night! I had no idea Alex and Marco Ferreira are brothers! Ferreira is a common name in Portugal and I didn't know those two are actually related. Which might, after all, perhaps explain why Marco, the current captain and star player's brother, has been the starting choice over Valdir, for instance, for all these years.

• Canada is that kind of team that even when they are 4 points ahead i have the felling that they will lose it easily with silly mistakes

• Yaro playing really well.

• Ghafour is disrespectful to the referee by demanding him to reverse the challenge like he owe him his life.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I feel nervous energy coming from Sbertoli especially when the pass is not good.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Italy's middle blockers are ineffective with Sbertoli. Giannelli have to play now.

#FreeBritney

• Giannelli have to watch out his tempo. That set to Nelli is almost akin for a middle blocker but it should've been slower in my opinion.

#FreeBritney

• Worst Refrees ever since i'm watching the volleyball games. I think he missjudged like 7-8 balls against poland because he was affected by the audience, Also someone needs to control Mousavi everytime he plays against Poland. He wants to explode whenever the conditions are against his will. Overall it was a good game, Poland with his B team (which i think most of them are from Junior world's champion team) did a great performance.

• The ref and outdated challenge system created lots of drama . most of them unnecessary, of course the call was terrible on 24-16 in 4th set , Mousavi was one metre away from the ball but that was stupid to lose temper and even fight with his own bench members when you have such a big lead.

watching the press conference right now and Kolakovic is really pissed of about the questions :lol: I have to say the journalists here are the dumbest in the world.

• The ref and outdated challenge system created lots of drama . most of them unnecessary, of course the call was terrible on 24-16 in 4th set , Mousavi was one metre away from the ball but that was stupid to lose temper and even fight with his own bench members when you have such a big lead.

watching the press conference right now and Kolakovic is really pissed of about the questions :lol: I have to say the journalists here are the dumbest in the world.

What questions?

• What questions?

why you are always using 6 players .

that's a valid question, but when several so called journalists asking the same question, in press conference before the competition, yesterday and again tonight, I understand him to get angry. he made it clear from the first day that Iran wants to qualify for the final six and that's the goal. it's stupid to ask this again and again. he was probably expecting a warmer press conference after the win. one of the journalists even told him "Poland was the true winner tonight because they used younger players" luckily the translator didn't translate this part :lol:

• Argentina's complaining a lot :what::sos:

• N'Gapeth can't kill the ball :wall:

• Serbia is like scoring with only blocks or opponent errors.:white:

#FreeBritney