2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• When I follow the games of VNL this edition, I've been wondering why this challenge system is so outdated and does not allow for challenging overreach above the net? This seems to be an area with the most controversial calls nowadays. The challenge system in Legavolley has already become very mature and can check players' overreach at ease. Is that system much more costly than the one FIVB is using?

I would guess that the main reason is that head referee “up ref” is supposed to be watching for it as they are above the net height. Additionally there is not a corresponding line to follow upwards, unlike foot faults.

• That's true but consider two things: First its hard for Poland to get three wins ( 3-0 or 3-1) with Italy,Argentina (Which upset USA) and Serbia (Upset Brazil main squad). I strongly think that in the best case they might lose a point to either of these teams. Secondly, I think Iran's B team are strong enough to challenge Bulgaria not as much as other rivals. However, I think that Kolakovic might be stupid enough to bring the main squad to the Bulgaria for just showing his disagreement with Iranian's journalism who questioned him lots of times about why he always use his major players in every match. :rolll::rolll:

If the latter one happens we possibly finish the final six in the last spot

• French players in Iran (IG stories)

Timothee Carle

Trevor Clevenot

Yacine Louati

Thibault Rossard

Nicolas Rossard

Jonas Aguenier

Stephen Boyer

Barthelemy Chinenyeze

Benjamin Tonuitti

Jean Patry

Raphael Corre

Daryl Bultor

Kevin Le Roux

Not in Iran (IG Stories)

Nicolas Le Goff (Beaching somewhere ???)

Kevin Tillie (California)

Julien Lyneel (Beach with some old dudes :lol:)

Jenia Grebennikov (shout-out to T____________s of IG) :wavy:

• Rado's in Brazil, I hope Bulgaria's coach will give him some playing time.

• E. N'gapeth?

• E. N'gapeth?

So far no N'Gapeth.

And he had this IG story, like he's cleaning a bar.

95% he's not with them.

• Ben Patch has been so meh so far, but coach Speraw's trust in him still seems strong. I hope Kyle Engsing makes it the final 6 roster; he deserves it more than Patch.

Because Patch is capable of doing so much more. I'm not even going gaga over this guy but rating Ensing higher over Patch is absurd as it gets.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I understand. But I hope that hidden Patch comes up soon, perhaps throw in a more lethal serve too.

Incidentally, I've noticed that when Erik Shoji is on court, he takes zone 6. The other liberos take zone 5. What might be the reason for this? Shoji on 6 sometimes messes the timing of the pipe.

• news about roster?

China should be the same as Week 3:

S - Zhan Guo-jun, Mao Tian-yi, Yu Yao-chen

OP - Jiang Chuan, Wang Jing-yi

OH - Liu Li-bin, Ji Dao-shuai, Dai Qing-yao, Du Hai-xiang

MB - Chen Long-hai, Rao Shu-han, Miao Ruan-tong

L - Tong Jia-hua, Ma Xiao-teng

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• news about roster?

Poland:

rozgrywający: Marcin Komenda, Grzegorz Łomacz.

przyjmujący: Bartosz Bednorz, Bartosz Kwolek, Artur Szalpuk, Aleksander Śliwka.

atakujący: Bartłomiej Bołądź, Łukasz Kaczmarek, Maciej Muzaj.

środkowi: Norbert Huber, Karol Kłos, Jakub Kochanowski.

libero: Jędrzej Gruszczyński, Damian Wojtaszek.

• USA Roster CHICAGO

S(2): Micah Christenson, Micah Ma’a
    OPP(2): Matt Anderson, Ben Patch
    OH(4): Taylor Sander (C), Thomas Jaeschke, TJ DeFalco, Garrett Muagututia
    MB(4): Max Holt, David Smith, Taylor Averill, Jeff Jendryk
    L(2): Erik Shoji, Larry Tuileta

Excited to see Jasechke coming back after the long rehab! Hoping for a 100% recocery!

And seeing Micah Maa as back up setter is a great news! ( not for shoji tho):win::win::win:

• Damn Speraw really taking Muagututia over Langlois every week. Hope we see Ma'a at outside a bit

• Brazil roster:

S: Bruno, Cachopa

OPP: Wallace, Alan, Rafael Araújo

OHs: Lucarelli, Leal, Douglas, Lucas Lóh, Maurício B.

MBs: Isac, Lucão, Maurício S., Flávio

L: Thales, Maique

Rafael joined the team for whatever reason. Maurício Borges is back too. No idea on who's gonna get cut for the weekend.

• Patch doesn't have a lethal serve. The move to the jump float was in response to the high rate of errors to virtually no service aces. Berlin, who resigned him this year, even posted something on their IG wishing him good luck and an improved serve over the summer.

His block needs to improve, especially for someone his height and with his vertical leap. His back row defense is improving greatly, even when looking at the first half of the season in the Bundesliga.

He shines in attack and has not been disappointing in that regard. He is one of the top attackers in the VNL in terms of attack percentage. Last season and summer it seemed he was still used to attacking so much higher than the block, that he was still hitting at such a vertical trajectory that the ball was going into the block much often. He has rectified this a great deal. He is getting the ball around the block with much greater consistency.

• Game Time

Yavbou vs. Volleyroo

• Hoping for a Portugal win. :box: