2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Wow, I'm appreciating Italy more and more every match.. tonight Giannelli was outstanding, but also Lavia and Pinali are doing good job, considering they've just started to play on this level and they sat on bench all season long.

• Kovalev's middle sets has been problematic this year, Russia's middles play much better with Kobazar and the team as a whole actually.. Kobzar's starting spot is well deserved IMO

• Poletaev is playing really well.

He earned his place as the team's starting OPP after a rough first week.. Let's see if ever he will be sidelined again when Mikhaylov returns

• So Giani speaks in Italian and from the looks of it Fromm serves as the translator to his teammates :lol:

• Podlesnykh giving Poletaev a run for his money.. 4 aces in a row :super:

• with this reception Germany will have a lot of difficult against any Strong team. Maybe playing without Fromm would be better.

• Podlesnykh giving Poletaev a run for his money.. 4 aces in a row :super:

The Russian Rocketman. Pun intended. :heart:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Interesting that in week 5, current nos. 2, 3 and 5 will face each other.

Poland will have an easier schedule.

• France with their 1,000+ starting line.up 😂🤣😭

And Kevin Le Roux as their back-up libero :wall::hit::aww:

• Argentine wing attackers played it too safe. Lima tipped after his net fault giving it to the libero again. Too bad for him because the first attack that was reversed by challenge system could've been a highlight for him.

De Cecco made two or three terrible back sets in the second half of set 5. Lima simply couldn’t spike twice in a row because of that. Conte made four errors after 14-12 😡, gifting Poland this victory.

All in all, Argentine Wing spikers are not tall enough. If they have one giant killer on court, their life could have been easier.

• Easy game with Australia. They made so much serve errors. Now just one more win to qualify for the F6 and i hope it will be vs France

PS: Wiki says Iran is already qualified, but how is possible if Poland wins the rest of its matches while we lose it all ?

• All in all, Argentine Wing spikers are not tall enough. If they have one giant killer on court, their life could have been easier.

I don't think the problem is wing spikers, they have normal height for the position as far as I can tell. It's just the Opp. position really. Lima is a WS playing as opp. and Pereyra is simply too poor for this level.

I always say this but, once again: there was a time when Argentina had Milinkovic scoring 30+ points almost every game and no team around him to support. Now they have a very decent team all around but no Milinkovic to go for the kill when needed... the gods of volleyball have not been kind to Argentina.

• Jovovic is so stubborn. He doesn't understand that sometimes less is more. There was that point during the 1st set when he couldn't set to any attack zones of the frontrow and he still tried setting to pos 4. Letting others set is sometimes the better option. He doesn't even let them do it and it kills his teammates inside.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Easy game with Australia. They made so much serve errors. Now just one more win to qualify for the F6 and i hope it will be vs France

PS: Wiki says Iran is already qualified, but how is possible if Poland wins the rest of its matches while we lose it all ?

Easy game with Australia. They made so much serve errors. Now just one more win to qualify for the F6 and i hope it will be vs France

Agree.

In fact, in theory, not only Poland may surpass Iran, even Canada may surpass Iran, if Canada wins all remaining 5, and Iran loses all remaining 4...

Though in reality, that's very unlikely...

• Agree.

In fact, in theory, not only Poland may surpass Iran, even Canada may surpass Iran, if Canada wins all remaining 5, and Iran loses all remaining 4...

Though in reality, that's very unlikely...

Yeah, it's so strange though, even the FIVB itself announce that Iran is the first team to go to the Chicago, How are they calculating mathematically ?! :sos: