2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Maybe I was just mistaken. I'm intoxicated while typing this thats how much I love Russian NT :lol:

• I'm totally done with Zimmermann. He has proved that he doesn't have the level. Germany needs to search for a young setter with some more potential.

A good setter can really make a difference. Italy is just a good example in this year's VNL.

• It’s during this pressured type of game where Russia should be using Kobzar and Poletaev to give them the experience irregardless of the result. Wtf Russia

I think this is a tactical approach by the coach. Russia is ready to lose this match not playing with their strongest lineup.. Maybe Russia is already thinking of the possible re match with Brazil in Final 6 who knows

• I think this is a tactical approach by the coach. Russia is ready to lose this match not playing with their strongest lineup.. Maybe Russia is already thinking of the possible re match with Brazil in Final 6 who knows

AFAIC Poletaev is missing the next tour in Australia. Sammelvuo aims to test the squad as it will be at the next tour. Did the same thing in Iran, by the way.

• The difference in Russia's middle attack with Kobzar is palpable.. Kovalev barely used the middles in Sets 1 & 2.. Also, havent read anywhere where it says Poletaev will miss the final leg on Australia but I do not see the logic at all of not letting him play now after being Russia's top scorer in a few games now

• Kobzar and Kurkaev connection is just a joy to watch :super:

• Kubzar is celebrating like his life depends on winning this set :lol:

He has always been like this.. He is not only the team's captain but dare I say also their spiritual leader

• Good to see that Sammelvuo is giving Semyshev some playing time. I see a lot of potential on him to become the defensive OH in the future

• AFAIC Poletaev is missing the next tour in Australia. Sammelvuo aims to test the squad as it will be at the next tour. Did the same thing in Iran, by the way.

So Kirill Klets will join the team ?

• Brazil is all but in at this point. Only Poland can match wins, but basically needs to sweep all three matches, and Brazil lose all three in less than five sets. And that is just to tie on wins and points. Brazil has sets ratio advantage right now. Basically 2 set wins by Brazil or 2 set losses by Poland and Brazil is in the Finals.

Iran just needs a win or Poland loss to get in.

France has a big points advantage over Poland. A win for France in <5 sets and a Poland loss puts them in the Finals.

Russia is in the same boat as France. A win for Russia and a Poland loss in <5 sets and they are in.

Italy cannot clinch on Friday due to them being tied on wins with Poland. A win for Italy would force Poland to match to stay tied on wins. An Italy loss would mean Poland could jump ahead of them on wins.

Poland need an Italy loss to really have a chance as they are 4 points behind.

Canada need both Italy and Poland to lose to have a chance as they are one win behind. Canada is also points behind both as well.

Argentina need to win 3 matches and have those wins be in <5 sets to get maximum points. Also need some losses from Italy, Poland and Canada. Russia may be required to lose something as well, but catching them is almost impossible in my mind.