2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Nice to see Alan as starter.

• China 1-1 Argentina [17-25,25-20]

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• http://www.volleychina.org/b/2019/0628/6121.html

2020 VNL:

Week 1 (May 22) : China, Iran, (), Russia

Week 2 (May 29): (), China, USA, ()

Week 3 (June 5) : Italy, China, Canada, Serbia

Week 4 (June 12) : Argentina, China, Bulguria, Japan

Week 5 (June 19) : Brazil, China, Poland, France

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• news About Bulgaria and usa and Russia roaster?

Bulgaria for the weekend in Plovdiv:

S: Seganov, C. Penchev

OPP: Sokolov, Parapunov

OHs: R. Penchev, Skrimov, Atanasov, Shekerdzhiev

MBs: Yosifov, Nikolov, Gotsev, Georgiev

L: Salparov, V. Ivanov

• The same as in Women's thread, but here Germany gave up with next edition. Interesting, does FIVB will impose a penalty for such team and exclude from VNL (relegate to challenger cup and challenger team status) in future edition.

• The same as in Women's thread, but here Germany gave up with next edition. Interesting, does FIVB will impose a penalty for such team and exclude from VNL (relegate to challenger cup and challenger team status) in future edition.

I don't think they (GER in men's and KOR in women's) give up with the next edition. I think maybe the schedule hasn't decided yet.

Australia is also missing in the men's list.

• I don't think they (GER in men's and KOR in women's) give up with the next edition. I think maybe the schedule hasn't decided yet.

Australia is also missing in the men's list.

Australia nad Portugal are missing as it’s unknown yet which country will be relegated.

If China already has their calendar, it means that FIVB already have it.

• Australia nad Portugal are missing as it’s unknown yet which country will be relegated.

If China already has their calendar, it means that FIVB already have it.

What I meant was that maybe they haven't decided to take part in which week.

Or are FIVB going to switch the core and chanllenge team?

• I am not Zimmermann‘s biggest Fan either but, regarding yesterday and to his defence i have to state, that he has played now almost every match since the start of the tournament, hopping from continent to continent week by week. He Even was the only setter who travelled to brasil. Yesterday, like the whole Team, he faltered after the lost second set and physical and mental exhaustion was visible.

At this point you can start to question the overall roster management, having players (Kaliberda, Karlitzek, Kampa) who for whatever reasons are Not ready to play but occupy places in the roster.

I would say Giani has to take some responsibilities on some of the losing matches. Sometimes he made some strange moves during the match. Like the last match against Bulgaria, he took Fromm off court in set 3. When Fromm got back on court in set 4, he couldn't perform the same level as in the first two sets.

According to DVV, Kampa didn't participate the in the first four-week competetion because he got a baby. That's understandble. Now he is back. Hope they will have better results this week.

• Makes sense, all the starters can just hang out in Chicago and train for two weeks. Surprised at no Stahl though

He’s injured which is too bad. He’s been great.

I like the move from USA Volleyball. Let the first and second team group train and prepare for finals and fill in with a few guys from this group to be bench players to make up the roster of 14.

• Jovovic is making it hard for serbia. I've never seen so much tipping and hitting errors in a set like this. It almost felt like a women's volleyball game while watching them play.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Finally after 2014 edition Iran is in final six:drink:. I wish the tiredness and the long trip don't affect on the players performance in Chicago

• I wish them to get visas.

I think there would be no problem based on the news i heard about the US embassy in Dubai told the federation that they have prepared 26 (don't know exact number) Visas for the team and staff

• Young Italy is fighting, but Canada is ahead 2-1. I think they can do more! There are some mistakes they can avoid and try to challenge more their opponents.

Of course I don't care much about the victory, given the fact that Italy clearly do not want to qualify for the finals.

• Sokolov, Nikolov, and the new eye candy Atanasov what's up with the water in Bulgaria? :lol:

Don't forget Aleksiev!

Watching ITA-CAN from the fourth set. Seems like a fairly lukewarm match. I think Balaso is the only guy from Italy I'm familiar with. :lol:

ETA: Jansen Vandoorn is back? I feel like I haven't seen him in forever. Is this his first match with the NT this year or am I just unaware?