2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• So after Italy's loss to Canada, I think we can fairly say that the Final 6 participants are confirmed: Brazil, Iran, Russia, France, Poland + USA

RUS can lose to ARG but they still end up with 11-4

Same with FRA can lose to BRA and still end up with 11-4

POL will win the next 2 remaining matches and have 11-4 record

So the Final 6 are roughly the same like last year, except for one: Iran (who took Serbia's spot) :wavy:

• So it seems Ngapeth hasn't joined the team yet and will only start to play during F6..

• Why am I not surprised?

That's what you get for sitting out 2 of your best scorer the previous week.

• So far enjoyable game between Argentina and Russia.. both teams are not far off in quality but Russia's block is stronger

• Russia and Argentina now going on to tiebreak :box:

Too bad Argentina won't have chances to qualify to Final 6

• Kurkaev needs to impove his strength. He missed two crucial direct kills in both set 4 and set 5. Luckily Russian still won the game.

Voronkov is very promising for NT. He's a young, tall OH with a solid skill of spike and reception. His reception was much better than Volkov.

• China vs Australia - 15:9 to 21:24 to 26:24 ...

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Kurkaev needs to impove his strength. He missed two crucial direct kills in both set 4 and set 5. Luckily Russian still won the game.

Voronkov is very promising for NT. He's a young, tall OH with a solid skill of spike and reception. His reception was much better than Volkov.

Kurkaev is fine, he can drill the ball just as hard as anybody else just maybe jitters on that last few plays.. I agree Voronkov can be a good sub for Kliuka or Volkov. So Russia's OH spots seem to be complete: Kliuka/Volkov as starters, Voronkov the immediate sub, plus a defensive OH in Podlesnykh.

• So since Russia has already qualified to Final 6, I feel bad for Zemchenok as he probably will get cut when Mikhaylov joins the team.. He has made a big contribution from the 1st week when Poletaev was still a big question mark. If I were Maxim, I'd be guilty of taking someone else's spot especially when you havent played a single match going to the Finals..

• I have to laugh with the Luburic long tip shot. It won't be a point if anybody wasn't defending like how Langlois did. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• This is probably USA's tallest starters since almost forever. Langlois, K. Russell, Huhmann and Jendryk. Everyone over 6'9".

Practically negates Tuaniga's height and average elevation.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Tuaniga seems very talented. Reminds me somehow of De Cecco but his elevation is just so average even for a setter.

Serbia's new setter gives me hope as a fan. He is setting his right side attacker better than Jovovic did but Ivovic playing can disguise with more stable reception and attacking than Cirovic. Still Jovovic setting to his middle blockers is miles ahead from him.

#FreeBritney

• Dagostino was everywhere! I think he had a lot of great second touch as well. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Dagostino was everywhere! I think he had a lot of great second touch as well. :obey:

Brazilian broadcasters were in love with him lol Seems like he's gonna give Watten trouble as Shoji's immediate backup.

• why is Jenia not playing?