2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• So since Russia has already qualified to Final 6, I feel bad for Zemchenok as he probably will get cut when Mikhaylov joins the team.. He has made a big contribution from the 1st week when Poletaev was still a big question mark. If I were Maxim, I'd be guilty of taking someone else's spot especially when you havent played a single match going to the Finals..

Trusting key players is always the tradition for Russia NT. Even if Kovalev played great in VNL's final 6 last year, he still can not earn a spot in WCH. As long as Maxim and Poletave are healthy, there is no room for Zemchenok. He will play for Kazan next season, obviously as a sub for Sokolov.

• The game of Brazil vs Canada is not exciting.

Brazil only started with Lucarelli and Douglas. They did not take this game seriously as they already guarantee the spot for final 6.

• If you're France and Poland, which group is easier?

USA - Russia or Brazil - Iran

• Oh god Sometimes I want to kill Patch when he makes unnecessary errors. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Great blocking duo from Huhmann and Langlois.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Yali is so skinny. I wonder what's his weight.

#FreeBritney

• Patch with 3:50M spike reach is INSANE!!

• I think with the Iran's loss to USA now USA is in the top 6 and the team arrangements in Chicago should like be in the following:
    Iran,Brazil,Poland (possibly)
    USA,Russia,France

• Bulgaria should really do something about their chemistry and leadership. I guess a trip to somewhere beautiful like the mountains or anywhere where they can be closer with one another.

This team just doesn't feel as tight-knitted like the other NTs and it's probably because the strongest players are always separated from each other during club leagues.

So much scowls everywhere. The attitude of everyone feels very isolating. I feel so bad for the fans who watched them play.

#FreeBritney

• This is just so sad. I have no words for Bulgaria. Luburic who had trouble serving since he made the roster is scoring aces like it's christmas. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Parapu the rapper made a good impression. He's still far away from Poletaev or Muzaj but it was nice to see him finally play.

Ivovic served Bulgaria like a madman and made it difficult to come back. Luburic showed signs of life with Batak setting him instead of Jovovic. He was tipping and felt very uncomfortable with the balls Jovovic gives. I think it's finally great to see him play as normal as possible.

For Jovovic and Todorovic, it could become complicated. I think Grbic made a good move to bring a new setter. Feels like he trusted the new one because he's taller than Todorovic so he can help the block.

Right now the right side setting of Jovovic really have to improve or he could be demoted to the bench.

There's also another highlighter. Was that Vucicevic? He served pretty well in the tournament and he can definitely pose a challenge to Atanasijevic and Luburic in the coming years.

#FreeBritney

• A: USA, Russia, France

B: Brazil, Iran, Poland

Group A is death group no doubt. All of last year's medal winners 1 will not make it to SF..

• Final Six Roster for Team Yavbou

Setters

Antoine Brizard

Benjamin Toniutti

Opp
    Jean Patry

MB
    Jonas Aguenier

Daryl Bultor

Barthelemy Chinenyeze

Kevin Le Roux

Receivers

Trevor Clevenot

Yacine Louati

Julien Lyneel

Thibault Rossard

Kevin Tillie

Libero

Nicolas Rossard

-------------

Why not include Timothee? Why not make use of the no. of allowed players?

• A bit surprising. France usually used full strength at World League / VNL.

• No boyer no grebennikov too. n'gapeth as well

• VNL is not their top priority this year.

Btw, Timothee Carle is with team yavbou but for the universiade.