2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• This is exaggeration , this is mostly what happened last year not this year.

this year it seems they just kept the players for 4 hours and then let them go. still that's not the best way to welcome your guests but we can't expect more from the Americans. while our federation made a story out of it, from what I heard most of team members were fine with that (mostly because they had worse experiences from such trips to USA)

It still seriously questions the choice of a host by FIVB! Impeding the arrival of any visiting team is not really a sign of a great sports organizer.

• Iran thing is normal, as neither country has diplomatic relations with the other since 1979. There is no embassy right now in either country.

Also with the current USA president, simple things can even be made worse.

Iran team (don’t know if players, but more likely management (not foreign coaches)) has treated female USA volleyball staff in past badly (not talking to them or interacting with them, due to strict government/religious beliefs) when they have played in USA before.

I am not trying to fan flames, but it is documented by numerous people around USA program.

• According to Iranian MFA, Iranian players were “arrested” on Chicago airport and held there for many hours right after landing in USA. There will be official protest regarding to this situation.

Seriously? Any reliable sources?

• Does anyone know who is commentating on the BRAxPOL match?

• Brazil started with almost all main players except Flavio.

• Clayton Lucas

Yes I recognize Clayton's voice.. was wondering if we could get the name of the other guy?

• Muzaj with two straight blocks on Lucarelli :white:

• Yes I recognize Clayton's voice.. was wondering if we could get the name of the other guy?

Andy Bodfish?

• Poland's blocking is unbelievable in set #1

• Is Kaczmarek better than Muzaj? I wonder why the latter is not starting..

• And Poland takes Set 1! Things will be interesting if Poland wins the next set..

• Lucarelli missed a key spike at the set point.

Poland took set 1.

• Is Kaczmarek better than Muzaj? I wonder why the latter is not starting..

These two are half-half.

Hard to say who's better.

• Komenda so far set up the ball very well.

It's a good chance for him to practise as a young NT setter.

• Andy Bodfish?

Nah the other guy commentating has a clear American accent. But thanks anyway :)