2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• That's why Brazil is a champion team. They were down 5:8 in set #5, but managed to turn the game back. The last several serves crashed Iran's reception line.

Fernando on pos 2 was the turning point of the match. I bet Iran's fans will argue the judge's decision.

• oh man, only if they could shot up and play their game when they had the momentum. ok the ref sucks but what's done is done. just focus on the next point. from 8-5 to 10-15. only Iran led by Marouf is capable of that. Heynen protests to the ref, makes a scene and wins the match for his team, Marouf does exactly the opposite.

btw what happened at the end of the 3rd set was funny, you can use both your challenges and still get a 3rd one by yelling at the ref !

• Good Game Brazil. In my opinion Iran just lost to themselves not to Brazil, If the lucarelli's serve was not beneficial in the first points of the first set, Iran could win 3-0 . I don't want to mention the huge mistake of Iran in the second set, when they were leading 21-17 and lost it. Anyway my adrenaline is at the top of my head right now. I did not watch some amazing game like this for a while

• Russia playing with their second stringers they definitely don't want to face Brazil :lol:

• Kovalev's middle setting is almost non-existent, with him as setter Russia is playing quite predictable setting to the pins and this is why Kobzar is better than him on this aspect

• Russia playing with their second stringers they definitely don't want to face Brazil :lol:

Or maybe not seeing as Russia will be playing 4 straight days with their schedule this is maybe a good decision from the coaching staff and let the main players rest

• This is the defining moment of set 5 Iran-Brazil where the violation clearly was against Brazil but Referee pissed Marouf and caused that drama afterwards.

No one needs to piss Marouf, he plays already in Heynan's mode all the time... It was obviously a mistake by the referee, but the drama is too much, no need for that

• Brazil didn't win VNL/World League since 2010,

2011-Russia

2012-Poland

2013-Russia

2014-USA

2015-France

2016-Serbia

2017-France

2018-Russia

Now I understand why they play with their strongest team all match's, they have not won this trophy for a long time...

• Who cares about VNL.

For NT, only WCH, Olympics and WC are important tournament. For some European teams, EVC is more important than WC.

• This is the defining moment of set 5 Iran-Brazil where the violation clearly was against Brazil but Referee pissed Marouf and caused that drama afterwards.

that's no excuse . that wasn't on the match point. that was in middle of the set, the score was still 8-8 . that was just "one point" and mistakes happen (usually in favor of bigger teams), unfortunately you can't challenge such decisions. that's it . you can't change the call, focus on the next point.

If Heynen protests, that's part of his strategy. he does that when his team is playing bad. he wants to make a scene, change the momentum. but Marouf's protests always hurt his own team much more.

• that's no excuse . that wasn't on the match point. that was in middle of the set, the score was still 8-8 . that was just "one point" and mistakes happen (usually in favor of bigger teams), unfortunately you can't challenge such decisions. that's it . you can't change the call, focus on the next point.

If Heynen protests, that's part of his strategy. he does that when his team is playing bad. he wants to make a scene, change the momentum. but Marouf's protests alway;s hurt his own team much more.

True that but consider this: Marouf, Seyed and other Iranians because of their high level of over-emotional feelings in the court, always bothered even with the tiniest referees mistakes over the past years. Now in one of their biggest matches that reaction makes sense. I absolutely don't concur with their reaction since they are not acting like the professional players. This attitude always hurts them in so many important matches before...

• Kobzar running the middles more than the pins.. Poland needs to be more coordinated with their block defense in this Set

• Poland's drug time seems over.

Russia had solid reception and attacking in set #1

• Iakovlev is such a revelation this year.. such high efficiency in attack and solid blocking plus a good serve

EDIT: And he got blocked I jinxed him lol

• Russia-Poland 1-1. Now we have a game :box: