2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Kobzar running the middles more than the pins.. Poland needs to be more coordinated with their block defense in this Set

• Iakovlev is such a revelation this year.. such high efficiency in attack and solid blocking plus a good serve

EDIT: And he got blocked I jinxed him lol

• Russia-Poland 1-1. Now we have a game :box:

• Iakovlev is such a revelation this year.. such high efficiency in attack and solid blocking plus a good serve

EDIT: And he got blocked I jinxed him lol

I agree, a pleasant surprise considering his irregular club season.

Golubev also improved a lot since the start of this VNL

• Kobzar needs to set the middles more, Russa were prolific with the middles in Set 1

• If all else fails, Russian block saves the day. Russia-Poland 2-1

• Congrats to the young russians!

So sorry for the Poles, they had a good run. For me, Iakovlev was such a good surprise in this SF.

• Quite impressive how Russia’s game has evolved with this new head coach and new set of players in just a short time. Might not be a bad idea to test Mikhailov in the OH when Kliuka or especially Volkov struggles to put out some balls. Poletaev/ Zemchenok duo on the right seem very capable at the moment. And Musersky completing the 4th MB forms Russia’s dream team. A mix of young and established players without depending too much with the veterans. Very impressive with Kobzar and Golubev

• Quite impressive how Russia’s game has evolved with this new head coach and new set of players in just a short time. Might not be a bad idea to test Mikhailov in the OH when Kliuka or especially Volkov struggles to put out some balls. Poletaev/ Zemchemnok duo on the right seem very capable at the moment. And Musersky completing the 4th MB forms Russia’s dream team. A mix of young and established players without depending too much with the veterans. Very impressive with Kobzar and Gobulev

I would hold the conclusion after they play ECV and WC.

Remember Russia slayed other teams in VNL 2018, but they did not even make top 4 in WCH.

• Kobzar had questionable choices in Set 3 but in general he distributes the ball well and knows the types of balls his players want. Congrats Russia!

• I still think the USA is the team to beat.. let's see if Brazil gives a huge resistance in the next match

• Quite impressive how Russia’s game has evolved with this new head coach and new set of players in just a short time. Might not be a bad idea to test Mikhailov in the OH when Kliuka or especially Volkov struggles to put out some balls. Poletaev/ Zemchenok duo on the right seem very capable at the moment. And Musersky completing the 4th MB forms Russia’s dream team. A mix of young and established players without depending too much with the veterans. Very impressive with Kobzar and Golubev

I really like how the russians play. It is not as free like the brazilians but it is not as constricted like the americans.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda