2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Why even bring them both if they cant last 1 set? and 3 setters but 1 is forced to sit out as a libero anyway?

That what I was thinking too. I think Langlois with his performance in the last group matches was enough to propel him to atleast Jaeschke's place.

De Falco also had an injury so he's really the only player left who could've made an impact.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• USA lost for missing one OH.

Garrett almost has no offense in the front row. Matt had to switch to OH position and let Patch stepped in as OPP.

Patch's crucial errors made things even worse. Micah's passing in set #3 and set #4 is not stable too.

Russia played a solid team volley overall. Although I don't like Kobzar, I have to say he did great in this final.

Both Yakovlev and Kurkaev had some decent kills in the middle. Yakovlev's float serves also caused some troubles on USA's reception.

Kliuka and Volkov played solidly. Poletaev was shaky from time to time, but finally did his job in set #4.

• For me the MVP of the whole tournament is Kobzar. Why? Because he totally changed the game

Really Anderson as MVP? :gone:

Shoji as best libero as a joke. He's literally never improving. Always the same space when receiving. Never extending himself to defend.

Polish libero was more outstanding to me. What I would have pay to see D'Agonstino in USA again:heart:

Sander should've gotten atleast one award in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• LOL that was messed up. Anderson as MVP? Shoji?? I would have thought MVP is either Kobzar, Poletaev or Iakovlev

• So this is finally goodbye I guess to the veteran setters, Russia needs to stick with Kobzar-Kovalev duo leading up to the Olympics.. Muserskiy when he returns should still be MB1 in mt opinion with Kurkaev/Iakovlev battling it out for the second spot. Poletaev is still npt stable Mikhaylov can be a good back up.. When they are playing their level, Volkov-Kliuka duo is just splendid just need another OH who can also terminate the ball and maybe Voronkpv van fill that role. And there you have it Russia's dream team.. Congrats VNL Kings or should I say VNL Tsars! :super:

• Why Kliuka collected prize for best opposite which was awarded to poletaev?

On the VNL site, best Opposite and MVP went to Anderson so Poletaev it seems didnt really have an award at all. And best OH we have 3: Volkov, Kliuka plus Bednorz..

• That what I was thinking too. I think Langlois with his performance in the last group matches was enough to propel him to atleast Jaeschke's place.

De Falco also had an injury so he's really the only player left who could've made an impact.

Really bad luck to have them all injured. Garrett M is not the answer and Langlois probably would have not been either. Having just one be healthy probably wins the VNL for them.

Shoji as best Libero is curious. He was not good. Both Shojis seem to be in the twilight of their VB careers.

• Volkov's energy and passion are contagious. He plays every point like it is match point. This young Russian team is super fun to watch, is time for the Russian women to break the ice and start playing like them.

Bednorz 💘

Leal with all that talking for years ...he gets his chance and then :gone:.... hopefully Leon won't do the same.

• Congrats to Russia!! Overall they had a nice tournament since group stage and managed to test a lot of the youngsters. Despite the title I don't see them in the top when the other teams bring their best.

With this current line up Russia have a very great floating/jumping service balance. A lot less prone to error , yet efficient. Volvich main contribution for me was his floating service, but now both Yakovlev and Kurkaev have got it too and they are more complete so unless Muserskiy is not returning I don't see him back. I definitely wouldn't bring Butko and Grankin, but I sense that at least one of whom will be called. Kliuka-Volkov duo is unstable so is Poletaev ( especially out of system ) so Mikhailov return is essential here. Kudos to Golubev and the the defense-reception line, a clear progress.

• Congrats to Russia!! Overall they had a nice tournament since group stage and managed to test a lot of the youngsters. Despite the title I don't see them in the top when the other teams bring their best.

With this current line up Russia have a very great floating/jumping service balance. A lot less prone to error , yet efficient. Volvich main contribution for me was his floating service, but now both Yakovlev and Kurkaev have got it too and they are more complete so unless Muserskiy is not returning I don't see him back. I definitely wouldn't bring Butko and Grankin, but I sense that at least one of whom will be called. Kliuka-Volkov duo is unstable so is Poletaev ( especially out of system ) so Mikhailov return is essential here. Kudos to Golubev and the the defense-reception line, a clear progress.

Russia's three best pin players are Kliuka, Volkov, and Poletaev. And their fourth best in this tournament is probably Voronkov. It will be the coaching staff's dilemma where to put Mikhaylov whether he will play as OH or OPP. Seeing as Poleataev is the player most prone to having "ups and downs", Mikhaylov may retain his starting OPP role in the team once he returns.

With regards to the MBs, with Muserkiy potentially coming back healthy, I don't know how you keep him off the floor and not using him as starter will almost be a crime IMO. MB2 will be between Kurkaev/Iakovlev as both are really like-for-like players. I agree with you Volvich will not add anything more to this team versus the young MBs.

Lastly, calling the veteran setters back they risk ruining the "young-centric" atmosphere with the team. Just stick to Kobzar-Kovalev duo for this Olympic cycle they will have enough tournaments leading to the Olympics.

In particular, Russia didn't play with their strongest squad with Iran and Brazil during Preliminary Round. We'll see soon enough, when they show their real roster for IOQT and Euros..

• Did fivb ever reward 3 players at the same time as best outside players before?:what:

• Did fivb ever reward 3 players at the same time as best outside players before?:what:

I think Kliuka was awarded as best OPP. Sheilla was awarded as best OH once.

FIVB is a mess.

• I think Kliuka was awarded as best OPP. Sheilla was awarded as best OH once.

FIVB is a mess.

According to Russian news outlets, Kliuka was awarded Best Server. So maybe there was really only two Best OH (Bednorz and Volkov) and he was just lumped under the Best OH category.. Yes FIVB is trolling us :lol: