R.I.P. Sara Anzanello

• Sara Anzanello died today at the age of 38.

https://www.volleyball.it/lutt…o-il-nostro-grande-puffo/

She won the World Championships with Italian NT in 2002 and the World Cup in 2007 and 2011. She played in Novara for many years and was one of the best Italian middle blockers.

In 2013 she had to retire due to a serious hepatitis. After a liver transplant she started recovering and seemed to be quite fine...but today this horrible news.;(

I remember her as a very nice and always smiley person, besides being a great player.

RIP Sara.

• Not sure it's the right place to wrote it, but today Sara Anzanello - gold messa at 2002 WCh - passed away at 38 ;( She had a liver transplant in 2013, I guess things went wrong for her...

One of her last social post were to congratulate the Girls for the silver...

Oh, I'm terribly sad. Rest in peace, Sara.

From the Italian NT thread... :(

• Since I saw her latest posts , I knew something was very wrong.

Sorry to hear her death. She was a great athlete ,also a great fighter.

I hope it wasn't Hepatitis A the reason of her liver failure because it could have been prevented with immunisation.

• Since I saw her latest posts , I knew something was very wrong.

Sorry to hear her death. She was a great athlete ,also a great fighter.

I hope it wasn't Hepatitis A the reason of her liver failure because it could have been prevented with immunisation.

Hepatitis A, has only an acute form. It's either B or C

Sooo sad to hear these news.. Rest in peace Sara

• Hepatitis A, has only an acute form. It's either B or C

Sooo sad to hear these news.. Rest in peace Sara

Yes she got acute fulminant hepatitis in 2012 . Perhaps latest problems was due to post transplantation medical complications. Or maybe she got other hepatitis viruses. Since we don't know the reason of her death, all theories can be possible .

• I'm so sorry! I have no words...

RIP

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• OMG, this is horrible. ;( I didn't even know she was ill, so this came as a complete shock to me.

She used to be one of my favourite MBs back then.

And I didn't realize she was still only 38... RIP, Sara. You won't be forgotten.

• Toguttt

Changed the title of the thread from “Sara Anzanello” to “R.I.P. Sara Anzanello”.
  • I'm really shocked. Sara, R.I.P., thank you for your energy, your smile and your positive example. You will be here with us, always.

Ciao Sara <3

• They posted something Sara wrote while she was in the hospital on here FB page. I translated it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo…3223673650&type=3&theater

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• The parents had let known that she wanted the players at her funeral to wear their club jumper, and to give money to charity instead of spending it on flowers.

Also AIDO (Organ Donor Italian Association) will be there, but just with informative (little) stands, not collecting money.