Last time I watch a lot of 90's and 00's volleyball and a lot of questions appeared in my head. And druring last Women's WCH I read some user story about Barbara Ruzić, which was interesting to read and I would like to find similar stories about other players and maybe keep this kind of information in one thread. Gathering and verifying information is my aim. Hopefully it will be possible.
Some time ago I was asking about Ana Moser and got even whole story of her career: Ana Moser: The Brazilian Fighter
At the beginning I would like to ask about two absences of Athens 2004:
- Simona Gioli - I heard somewhere that she was not liked by Bonitta and he was just malicious and just doesn't called her. Can anyone verify? (Quick check - she played as starting at WGP, so it is more interesting why she was missing)
- Elena Godina - I remember that Andrzej Niemczyk sais that Karpol didn't like her and just decided to not take her to Athens.
- Anastacia Belikova - just lost her place before tournament?
- Raisa O'Farril - why she didn't go to Sydney? She was in the roster for WGP 2000 finals and after that lost place in a sport way?
- Magaly Carvahal - after 1996 decided to retire with NT?
- Regla Torres - 25 years, 3 Olympis gold medals, 3 World Cups, 2 WCH... she disappears for 2001 and is back again for 2002. Why she deiced to end with NT after that being 27 only?
I will thankful for any answer.