2022 FIVB World Championship - POL/SLO

• In a way Nimir and Lima are polar opposites. Nimir is amazing during prelims/non-knockout stages and Lima is terrible. When it comes to games that matter the most, Nimir is a ghost and Lima explodes from nowhere lol These next gen Opps are weak compared to Maxim/Matt/Zaytsev in their golden days.

• well I think that was the worst version of Iran vs the worst version of Brazil.

Brazil was very beatable today but not for this team. with this losing mentality they could lose to even Tunisia tonight.

• I dont think Brazil played bad today.

• Some info that absolutely shocks me:

Flavio is only 2m tall (I've read 199cm somewhere too) - always thought he would be like 206-208

I don't know if it's the case of Flavio but stats of some players are sometimes not updated.

For example, Agustin Loser is listed as 193cm tall in FIVB website which is... inaccurate.

He's had the same stats in fivb competitions since he was like 16 lol

• People overestimate height in volleyball, the more important, especially for men due to body build, is standing reach with arms up, because this is much more important from perspective of wing/blocking reach (you are reaching in volleyball by hands, not by head), and may differentiate very much for different players due to specific body build. Karol Kłos has much better standing reach than Tomasz Fornal IIRC the data, even though they're almost the same height, so Kłos may seem to be undersized for MB, but in reality he's not. In boxing, you have both height and reach stats, and sometimes you have guys that are 193 cm tall and have like freakish 218 cm reach - the same should be applied to volleyball if we want more specific data (since spike/block reach stats are useless for majority of time).

That being said, Flavio is HUGE (his shoulders etc), so without any data I am pretty sure that he has way above average standing reach for a player of his height, that's why he may give the impression (eg. when he spikes) that he's taller than in reality.

• People overestimate height in volleyball, the more important, especially for men due to body build, is standing reach with arms up, because this is much more important from perspective of wing/blocking reach (you are reaching in volleyball by hands, not by head), and may differentiate very much for different players due to specific body build. Karol Kłos has much better standing reach than Tomasz Fornal IIRC the data, even though they're almost the same height, so Kłos may seem to be undersized for MB, but in reality he's not. In boxing, you have both height and reach stats, and sometimes you have guys that are 193 cm tall and have like freakish 218 cm reach - the same should be applied to volleyball if we want more specific data (since spike/block reach stats are useless for majority of time).

That being said, Flavio is HUGE (his shoulders etc), so without any data I am pretty sure that he has way above average standing reach for a player of his height, that's why he may give the impression (eg. when he spikes) that he's taller than in reality.

yeah like on the women's side, egonu is "only" 189 but look at her arms

• Egonu is 193, I think, but still, her arms basically never end, she has so long arms that her spike motion is a bit weird and her elbow makes sometimes some crazy stuff, lol.

In Poland, we had some data for standing reach for junior players, that's why I remember that Kwolek was closer to Fornal in his standing reach than height would suggest, and Kochanowski had like between 5-10cm better standing reach than Fornal even though they're basically the same height.

As LDvolley mentioned Loser, he's the same height as Palonsky, but he's like twice bigger in terms of his shoulders (only a little exaggeration), that's why he's a MB and Palonsky is an OH.

• Does anyone know why T. Rossard hasnt been playing for Team FRNCE? I think he is Still a good player and could bê in the NT

• I don’t get it....it’s a WCH QF and there’re only 5 members here (up from 4 earlier) with 6 guests. It’s quiet around here :what:

iirc in the last WCH for women, at the QF stage, there’re easily 30-40 members with maybe 50 guests for each match ....

Maybe for the men’s matches people like to just watch....which btw France vs Italy is turning out to be very close and exciting :cheesy: