2022 FIVB World Championship - POL/SLO

• this forum is basically female volleyball-centric lol you can count on two hands those of us who watch and follow male vball

And good few of those are thirst-watching.;)

• A star is born! Romano 22 points :super::heart:

• Can I blame Giani for France's flop in WCH ? or i am being too harsh on him again. Definitely questionable choices and plan about the setter.

Playing with Brizard is generally a good idea if you refer to that - but France was out of shape here, and combining good VNL performances and target events has been their nemesis for a while. But if we assume that coach is responsible for team's shape, then yeah, Giani seems to be the biggest loser out of coaching pool (even bigger than Kolakovic) among these better teams.

It’s within the acceptable level imo. 25 of them were serving errors, which is quite common to have this amount in a 5-set match of men’s volleyball.

I don't think so, the average for a set is like slightly over 6 in a male volleyball on this level.

But this hall in Lublana seems to be very difficult for teams to assess, there have been plenty of games with either team committing some atrocious number of service errors. Argentina had biiiiig issues in their service game in Slovenia, they moved to Poland to play knockout phase - and suddenly started to serve much better.

• I don't think so, the average for a set is like slightly over 6 in a male volleyball on this level.

In the 5-set match between Slovenia & France, Slovenia also had 25 serving errors (France even had 32 lol). Iran had 24 in their 5-set victory against Argentina, while Turkiye & Japan both made around 20 serving errors in their 5-set losses to USA & France.

These aren’t satisfactory figures, but it’s not rare for the mens teams to really go for the serves regardless of the errors they’d make.

But yeah the hall in Slovenia may be an issue. As most of the matches with that many serving errors were played there. Let’s see if the later matches playing in Poland will have changes on that.

• Congrats Slovenia for making history to the WCH semis. Always enjoy watching this team, but if Cretu puts Ropret on bench again and wastes the first set away in the next match, he will pay the price.

Big kudos to Ukraine, not only making to the QF, and they nearly had a 2:0 lead against the host team. Who would have thought this after they were only able to win the 4th place in the CEV golden league just around 2 months ago. Plotnytskyi is the real leader and has shown great captainship in this tournament, his effort to make a final comeback in the end of 4th set was remarkable.

• Congrats Slovenia for making history to the WCH semis. Always enjoy watching this team, but if Cretu puts Ropret on bench again and wastes the first set away in the next match, he will pay the price.

Even Lebedew did this in VNL, Ropret was mostly subbed in at the end of sets (I have a hard time recollecting whether there were games Ropret started). I don't understand the insistence when it's clear that Ropret should start instead.

• I don’t get it....it’s a WCH QF and there’re only 5 members here (up from 4 earlier) with 6 guests. It’s quiet around here :what:

iirc in the last WCH for women, at the QF stage, there’re easily 30-40 members with maybe 50 guests for each match ....

Maybe for the men’s matches people like to just watch....which btw France vs Italy is turning out to be very close and exciting :cheesy:

Women's vb is much popular here and also maybe bc of the time zone?

• such a great matches were yesterday:white: really high lvl :box:

Ukraina team was impressive in this tournament. They played so hard to win with Slovenia. For sure in ECH they will be dangerous, just like Turkey. European teams improve :win:

• Women's volleyball is main event. :)

Women's vb is much popular here and also maybe bc of the time zone?

Yes, it definitely is much more popular here. I think what volleySrb said made sense, Lolsss

I think the time zone is not a big factor. During the women's VNL in the Philippines, dozens of fans from N & S America and Europe turned up here, in the middle of the night.

=O