2022 FIVB World Championship - POL/SLO

• It's only WADA's decision. IOC and FIVB can reject the suggestion. ICO rejected WADA and let Russia to be in Rio 2016. FIFA also let Russia to hold World Cup 2018.

Just wait and see!

IOC did not "reject" WADA. They left the decision to each international federation. And basically only the athletics federation banned Russia.

FIVB in particular is very pro Russia, so I doubt they will ban their teams if it's up to them.

• WADA is a big joke. If they have no prejudice, USA swimming and track teams should be banned long before Russians.

Everyone uses drugs in modern competitive sports. The only difference is the drugs you use are listed in the WADA's ban list or not.

• Looking like Russia will now host in 2026 after CAS ruling.

Also, with both Russian women's and men's teams qualifying for Tokyo, did any athletes come up in the probes?

• Will Russia still host The World Championship 2022? Are Russia allowed to host it?

According to WADA decision Russia should not host any champs but FIVB had problem with host finding for this WCH and some contracts with sponsors has been signed already in 2018. So organisation of this tournament is on advanced level and to relocate this competition you would need to find someone wealthy to pay for all and organisation in 1,5 year = impossible. So WCH will be held by Russia but their NT will be called the new way.

And Russia is able to host the WCH is nobody else won’t take this pleasure from them.

• do continental championships still act as the continental qualifiers? and if yes, is this NORCECA Championship started today in Mexico really a World Championship qualifier? I was checking the rosters and I almost didn't recognized anybody :aww:

even Guatemala is leading USA 2-1. :rolll:

• do continental championships still act as the continental qualifiers? and if yes, is this NORCECA Championship started today in Mexico really a World Championship qualifier? I was checking the rosters and I almost didn't recognized anybody :aww:

Yes.

USA sent a team of NCAA players. Their world ranking will be enough to get them qualified that way

• This qualifying through the world ranking is just :gone:

• Yes.

USA sent a team of NCAA players. Their world ranking will be enough to get them qualified that way

their current world ranking yes for sure but I wonder where they will end up in the world ranking after this tournament if they lose to likes of Guatemala.

• their current world ranking yes for sure but I wonder where they will end up in the world ranking after this tournament if they lose to likes of Guatemala.

USA could lose every match 3-0 (3-1 to Guatamala) and not fall out of the top 10

They'll be fine for qualification

source: just did the math lol

They should merge North (41) and South (12)

AVC - 65

CEV - 56

CAVB - 54

• This qualifying through the world ranking is just :gone:

It's even worse because of how horrendous the FIVB ranking is. For example, while the VNL playing teams got points with each match, the teams that played the European League got nothing. Also, the "strong" teams get points for World Cup, World Championship, Continental Championship, Continental Qualification, Olympic Games etc, while smaller nations can only get points by playing the Continental qualification. They aren't allowed to play VNL,,the continental equivalents do not grant ranking points, and real World Championship qualificaton tournaments just got scrapped by FIVB. It's a nightmare, but something in me tells me this was done on purpose.

If this continues, the difference between top 15-20 teams and the other 180 nations will be horrifying in a few years.

I don't mind it. It eliminates some pointless games and ensures (most) of the best teams will participate.

It'll only really be impacted by those teams with inflated rankings... but hopefully that balances out.

Just checked the rankings. Because of this system decent teams of Australia (rank 28), Finland (rank 33), Czech Republic (rank 46) Estonia (rank 47) or Venezuela (rank 58) may not even get the chance of playing the qualification tournament, not to mention the World Championship itself.

• Just checked the rankings. Because of this system decent teams of Australia (rank 28), Finland (rank 33), Czech Republic (rank 46) Estonia (rank 47) or Venezuela (rank 58) may not even get the chance of playing the qualification tournament, not to mention the World Championship itself.

I don't know the men's game so I can't comment on how good these teams are... but there's a reason they're ranked either too low or didn't do well enough in their continental qualification/championship to improve their ranking.

The world championship can't take everyone

• I don't know the men's game so I can't comment on how good these teams are... but there's a reason they're ranked either too low or didn't do well enough in their continental qualification/championship to improve their ranking.

The world championship can't take everyone

The problem is that you have teams like Qatar or Cameroon in the top 24 of ranking which is... not realistic. They have much bigger chance to qualify than FIN, CZE or EST who are probably stronger than them. I'd say Australia is also stronger but they screwed up losing to Qatar in 2019 OG qualifier so I guess they deserve to be out.