2022 FIVB World Championship - POL/SLO

• Right now the Ukraine is the highest ranked team not Russia at number 23. Sadly, I don't know if they would be able to play.

The next spot after that would be number 26, Belgium.

• I'm not sure if they kicked Russia out. They cancelled Russia as a host.

• How well does Turkey support men's volleyball? Seems like a good spot to host to me

They won't give it to the americas. not sure about Asia.

AFAIK, Poland wants to host the WCh since days ago.

https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/272352

• It would be so great to host WCH in Poland and yet so boring, lol, with so many events in Poland in a while. But it seems to me as the most probable option, I don't think there's any other country with so much interest in Ukraine, volleyball capacities and political environment to find extra funds (although Świderski, PZPS president, said that we can't afford it alone, but I don't think it will be a problem).

• How well does Turkey support men's volleyball? Seems like a good spot to host to me

They won't give it to the americas. not sure about Asia.

We won the last 2 edition of Golden league and had a good run in ECH. We have a good and young generation with a bad coach. I'm sure the fans would love it but not sure if TVF would put money on it.

Umu11 follows men side more closely maybe he can say something about it

• It would be so great to host WCH in Poland and yet so boring, lol, with so many events in Poland in a while. But it seems to me as the most probable option, I don't think there's any other country with so much interest in Ukraine, volleyball capacities and political environment to find extra funds (although Świderski, PZPS president, said that we can't afford it alone, but I don't think it will be a problem).

According to Pasini FIVB approached Poland and Italy already some days ago to see if they were interested. Italy-Poland would make sense but it would be an overload of events for both countries

• According to Pasini FIVB approached Poland and Italy already some days ago to see if they were interested. Italy-Poland would make sense but it would be an overload of events for both countries

Yeah, I've seen it - and, like I said - I think there's a political climate to organize WCH in Poland, it would be great from PR-perspective to host WCH replacing Russia for our Ministry of Sport, so regardless of what's been said recently by Świderski, at the end of the day I'd bet we'll (co)organize this event. I wonder if there's a willingness in Italy to host a WCH for a 3rd time in a row tho.

Even for a 4th time, lol

• We won the last 2 edition of Golden league and had a good run in ECH. We have a good and young generation with a bad coach. I'm sure the fans would love it but not sure if TVF would put money on it.

Umu11 follows men side more closely maybe he can say something about it

It would require them to allocate budget, which can be accomplished if the government supports it with an idea that it was taken from Russia and now Turkey will host it. Otherwise, I do not see it happening as they most probably spent all their budget on women side, especially considering the currency rate. FIVB might not want to either, unless they can’t convince neither Poland nor Italy.

• It would require them to allocate budget, which can be accomplished if the government supports it with an idea that it was taken from Russia and now Turkey will host it. Otherwise, I do not see it happening as they most probably spent all their budget on women side, especially considering the currency rate. FIVB might not want to either, unless they can’t convince neither Poland nor Italy.

Do we know which city/country will host women VNL finals? I guess TVF want that and they cant afford both at the same time

• poland and italy have a lot of experience hosting tournaments and with great venues

Imo it should be one of them

• It is highly likely to be Italy or Poland IMO - but Poland is already co-hosting Women WCH so idk.

Is Japan unlikely? Not sure about covid rules etc there though.

• assian countries were so dammaged by covid that they don't want to do such big event,just look at china that drop a lot of vnl weeks and final phase or japan that people didn't want to realise olympics or assian clubs or nt games that some big countries didn't want to take part