CEV European League 2019

• Croatia finally has setter !!!

I’m so surprised by the game of our young setter Lea Deak. She is playing fast, with good transition with MB, yes She has some bad moments but for her first performance with NT and her ages that is just fine.

• greece will play against Portugal without the captain and setter Christodoulou and the main libero Konomi. Also, Kiprassi and Georgiadou replaced Vlachaki and Kalatandze

S:Papafotiou, Vergidou

OH: Merteki,Strantzali,Totsidou, Kiparissi

OPP: Vasilantonaki, Oikonomidou

MB:Labrousi,Emmanouilidou,Georgiadou,Chatzieustratiadou

L: Artakianou, Iakovidou

• This year there is no final 4 in silver league but only finals between the first teams of each pool.

In the 2nd pool the favorite is Slovenia, they have won the first 3 matches without losing a set although the sets were really close.

Today they won in Estonia 23-25,21-25,24-26. In the 2nd set they were losing 16-13 and in the 3rd 18-15.

Last week in greece took the 2nd set from 7-14 and the 3rd from 17-20

Also in the first match against Estonia took two sets with the score 25-22,25-23

• Vasilantonaki against Estonia had 5 blocks and was the best blocker of the match. Greek MBs have very bad stats in block. Against slovevia both MBs had 0 blocks and so far in 4 games- 14 sets, Lambrousi has 3 and Emmanoulidou only 1.

Today against Estonia, Greece had very good attack.

Emmanoulidou (60%) - 6/10

Vasilantonaki (52%) - 15/29

Labrousi (50%) - 4/8

Merteki (43%) - 9/21

Strantzali (42%) - 14/33

Slovenia lost from Portugal so if Greece win the last two games will qualify to the final.

The main setter of Greece, Christodoulou has a small injury and she wasnt in the roster in the last two games.

• Stella Christodoulou now is ok and she will be in the greek roster against Estonia instead of Papafotiou.

S: Christodoulou, Vergidou

OH: Merteki, Strantzali, Vlachaki, Totsidou

MB: Emmanouilidou, Labrousi, Chatzieustratiadou

L: Iakovidou, Konomi, Artakianou

• The winner of the match between Slovenia and Greece will qualify to the final of S EL.

Greek roster

S: Christodoulou,Vergidou

OH: Merteki,Strantzali, Vlachaki, Totsidou

MB: Labrousi, Emmanoulidou, Kalatandze

L: Konomi, Artakianou, Iakovidou

• Slovenia beat 3-2 Greece

Vasilantonaki had 1/9 attacks in the 5th set and finished the match with 10 errors and got blocked 6 times but she was the first scorer of the match with 24 points.

• Slovenia beat 3-2 Greece

Vasilantonaki had 1/9 attacks in the 5th set and finished the match with 10 errors and got blocked 6 times but she was the first scorer of the match with 24 points.

Wow, looking at the stats of both matches between Slovenia and Greece I see horrible performances of Strantzali, especially in reception.

Vasilantonaki played well as a wing spiker last season in Italy, maybe they can try it, Strantzali as an opposite (I don´t know if she has played in that position) and Vasilantonaki as an oh.

• The coach of Greek team said that in the last game choosed the best greek players, so it seems that still prefers Vergidou over Papafotiou as second setter.

• Today are the semifinals of the G EL . I think Croatia and Belarus were so far the best teams in this competition

In S EL i think that Slovenia is the favorite

• Fabris was very bad in the league round, especially in the last game against france had 5/28 attacks.

Some stats of Greek NT

Attack (%)

1.Emmanouilidou 58%

2.Labrousi 50%

3.Vasilantonaki 42%

4.Strantzali 40%

5.Merteki 34%

Reception (%)

1.Konomi 47%

2.Artakianou 24%

3.Strantzali 20%

4.Merteki 17%