Most promising rising female stars (Born 2000 or later)

• What´s your impression of Holly Carlton?

I did not watch a lot of Florida's games this season. But from the few matches that I've watched, Carlton did not impress me as much as her fellow teammates Thayer Hall and Paige Simmons did. Her stats this season is 2.46 kills per set and 0.276 hitting efficiency. Considering SEC is not such a strong conference as Big 10 or Pac 12, I think she still has a lot of work to do. But I've heard others praising her that she is quite good. I think Florida should consider utilizing her more. However according to the way they run their offence, I guess they would not do so.

• I watched the Stanford vs. Nebraska final and I really liked one of the MBs from Nebraska (no. 26, do not know her name). I remember hearing she is just a freshman though.

• Martha Anthouli from Greece.(1.98-2004). She was the best opposite in BVA U16 and had 36 points against Romania.She is playing in a low class team (5th league in greek-so not even in the best 60 greek teams ).DSC08900-qpr-qpr-qpr.jpg

MjAxODA3MzAwMDU1MTMzNDU1NQ==.jpg

Another good player is Froso Aleksakou (2000). She started playing in the first league when she was 14 years old and now she is in USA. Last year during a final against Olympiakos(challenge cup winner) had around 9/12 attacks. I dont think that she will be a world class players but she is already one the best greek oh.

olllll.jpg

• Viktoriia Pushina (1.98, 2000) is a good middle-blocker russian. She was the best middle-blocker in EC U18, WC U18 and EC U19... and she was elected as the first one in these competitions.

• charalampos

I think Alexakou was named freshman of the Year in the Big East conference this season. Big East is a decent mid-level conference among the 32 conferences. I also remember a recent tweet from Saint Mary's College (West Coast Conference) where they announced their supposed future recruiting class with greek Elena Baka for their indoor AND beach team. West Coast Conference is overall a bit better than Big East, i think, maybe nr. 5 or 6. I used to watch a bit West Coast conference this season because it's freely available and usually has early matches on Saturday.

• Holly Carlton from Florida is a 6’7” sophomore opposite. She used to be a setter in her highschool and was recruited for that position but in the span of 3 years she had a growth spurt and grew 8 inches. She’s quite fast for her height but lacks power. She’s still new to her position and the room for improvement is quite big. Karch will love her as she has the same attack movement as Kelly Murphy.

Number 26 of Nebraska is sophomore Lauren Stivrin. Her improvement from last year is spectacular. She has the making of an all around middle.

Raquel Lazaro did pretty well in USC. Spain NT will definitely take a look at her once she graduates.

• ericleo what can you tell me about Raquel Lázaro (setter from USC) named freshman of the year in Pac12?

She runs a pretty fast offensive system, and she likes to use a lot of pipes in her offense, which I like about her. These are not commonly seen in freshman setters. However sometimes her precision to her pin hitters is not very good. I watched a few USC matches at the beginning of the season, I think her connection with Botkin is better than with Lanier. This is my personal impression on her and could be biased. Overall, she is very promising as a freshman setter, very creative for her setting style.

• No. 26 from Nebraska, Lauren Stivrins, watch out for this girl. I really enjoyed watching her running slides, such a beauty! Yes, her improvements from last year is indeed spectacular. Looking forward to seeing her become Nebraska's major weapon next season.

• In fact, Kathryn Plummer is the last one who I can't see in the rosters of any NTs now certainly due to the selection mechanism of USA NT.

[Jovana Kocic and Zang Qian-qian both in the wide roster of Serbia and China at least for one time]

The photo: the awards of 2015 U18 WCH

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Melanie Guadalupe Parra Quintero

Only 16 (DOB: Sept. 12, 2002) and has got great potential, kinda reminds me of a mini Samantha Bricio. Some would say she's undersized at 176cm, but she can still attack. Maybe a future Mexican version of Lucia Bosetti?

Some of her highlights at WCH,

Only 16 (DOB: Sept. 12, 2002) and has got great potential, kinda reminds me of a mini Samantha Bricio. Some would say she's undersized at 176cm, but she can still attack. Maybe a future Mexican version of Lucia Bosetti?

US colleges are now courting her. She may take the route of Bricio before turning pro.

• YavorD

Changed the title of the thread from “Most promising rising stars (Born 2000 or later)” to “Most promising rising female stars (Born 2000 or later)”.

Her performance during WCH was very good and stable.

Good for Mexico!

• The Russian 18-year old Maria Daineko, representing a female reserve squad of Dinamo Moscow currently, born in november 2000, is officially 209 cm tall: http://vcdynamo.ru/komanda/pvk…roki/mariya-dajneko_1209/

She plays beach volleyball.

210cm Maria in Worldcup Beach volley by zaratustraelsabio