Chinese NT 2019

• Tomen do you know which players from the first week are still currently training in the gym? We probably won't see Sun Yan and Ni Feifan for the rest of the tournament since they are preparing with the U20 team now.

Du Qing-qing (OP/OH), Diao Lin-yu (S), Zheng Yi-xin (MB/OP), Liu Yan-han (OH/OP), Wang Yuan-yuan (MB) and Duan Fang (OH)

I doubt in theory, the other third libero will be invited. The rumor is that the one is Wang Wei-yi but no one believes it.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• CVA screwed up by hosting the WGP/VNL finals. Lang Ping always uses backup to play in the finals for training. This also forces Zhu to play for the fans at home and tiring her out before major tournaments like last year's WCH.

• I think instead China will play with its core lineup since they play at home. VNL is a great tournament for trying various "things" among the core lineup to validate or smoothen some combinations/tactics/etc in real conditions, great for the actual "live-fire" training of the key lineup. Moreover the time/schedule is rather loose. The final six is on beg/July; OGQT is on beg/Aug....and at home courts, enough time for further training and resting. That's why I believe the Chinese team will play its core, not because they are so eager to win the VNL but because it's a great opportunity to conduct real live training with real pressures and challenge... :lol: Let's see, time will tell :roll:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Playing with the B team when you're host is inexplicable to me. I don't think it'd look good placing shared 5th so I'm guessing it's the A team.

Also it's a whole month before Olympic quals, and there's still Asian quals if they fail (which they won't)

• It is said Diao Lin-yu has arrived in Jiangmen, Guangdong.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Diao Lin-yu may replace Ding Xia.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• One interesting explanation why Diao Lin-yu will instead replace Ding Xia in Jiangmen Station (Week #4)

According to the current situation, Ding Xia 丁霞 is still the best choice for the main setter position, and the second (substitute) setter will be produced between Diao Lin-yu 刁琳宇 and Yao Di 姚迪. However, because both Diao Lin-yu and Yao Di played well in this year's competitions, the selection between the two players becomes a difficult decision.

Although Diao Lin-yu and Yao Di both played well in this year's competitions, because the two have not competed in the same match, it is difficult for Lang Ping to judge who is more suitable for the current team. However, this time Diao Lin-yu appears in Jiangmen, it is very likely that Lang Ping wants to let Diao Lin-yu and Yao Di compete in the same match, in order to choose the best candidate for the second setter.

The benign competition between Diao Lin-yu and Yao Di is not harmful to the team. In the process of selecting the best candidate in the middle, the real strong can be born. (Xiao Pang 小胖爱排球 2019.06.09)

The three main setters of the Chinese team in arbitrary order (L-R): Diao Lin-yu 刁琳宇 - Ding Xia 丁霞 - Yao Di 姚迪

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Yao Di has been with the team longer than Zhu Ting. She only managed to get into the main roster recently and was not much of use in the World Championship. I still think she is not cut out being the main setter for China, just a poorer version of Shen Jingsi. Hopefully she improves as China will need more setters in case Ding Xia's level drops. It is just unfortunate that half of the main starters from Rio retired due to injuries.

• Yao Di has been with the team longer than Zhu Ting. She only managed to get into the main roster recently and was not much of use in the World Championship. I still think she is not cut out being the main setter for China, just a poorer version of Shen Jingsi. Hopefully she improves as China will need more setters in case Ding Xia's level drops. It is just unfortunate that half of the main starters from Rio retired due to injuries.

Who is retired except setter Wei?

I like Yao Do better than Diao although both of them seems to be a big downgrade to Ding Xia

• Who is retired except setter Wei?

I like Yao Do better than Diao although both of them seems to be a big downgrade to Ding Xia

Hui Ruoqi retired due to heart problems. Xu Yunli retired due to ankles. Yang Fangxu retired due to leg. Pretty much all of them are best players/prospects in their positions for China.

• I wasn't that impressed with Diao's performance both at montreux and in the first week of vnl. Her sets tend to be off and awkward in my opinion.

• Hui Ruoqi retired due to heart problems. Xu Yunli retired due to ankles. Yang Fangxu retired due to leg. Pretty much all of them are best players/prospects in their positions for China.

I remember Xue Ming as well. She was brilliant MB.

I noticed some time ago that Chinese players start their senior career quite early and end early as well, mostly because of healthy problems. Quite interesting what is the factor...

• Hui Ruoqi retired due to heart problems. Xu Yunli retired due to ankles. Yang Fangxu retired due to leg. Pretty much all of them are best players/prospects in their positions for China.

Xu Yunli was my favorite Chinese player. At least she is 31. the other 2 girls were still in their 20s

Yuan Xinyue is really on fire this VNL tournament btw. I also like Yan Ni but indeed China could use new young MB.

• Xu Yunli was my favorite Chinese player. At least she is 31. the other 2 girls were still in their 20s

Yuan Xinyue is really on fire this VNL tournament btw. I also like Yan Ni but indeed China could use new young MB.

Yang Hanyu showed promise when she played montreux and week 1 of VNL. She needs to work on closing out blocks quicker. Hopefully she can develop a connection with Ding Xia and Yao Di.

• I remember Xue Ming as well. She was brilliant MB.

I noticed some time ago that Chinese players start their senior career quite early and end early as well, mostly because of healthy problems. Quite interesting what is the factor...

I think it has to with out of date provincial training methods that are detrimental to players health. Lang Ping experienced this so she went studying and coaching abroad and brought in foreign trainers for the team. Hopefully she continues to become a part of Chinese volleyball when she retires from coaching after 2020 Olympics.

• I think it has to with out of date provincial training methods that are detrimental to players health. Lang Ping experienced this so she went studying and coaching abroad and brought in foreign trainers for the team. Hopefully she continues to become a part of Chinese volleyball when she retires from coaching after 2020 Olympics.

Yes I agree. For example, Zhang Changning in 2017-18 seasons with Jiangsu.

Also Xu Yunli was going through recovery and got injured in a 7th/8th placement match in the National Games in 2017. :(

• An overlooked story

On June 6th, Hong Kong Station's favorite match-up of the Chinese team vs the Italian team, Hu Ming-yuan 胡铭媛, the MB from Liaoning, was again on a critical mission at the 3rd set at 24-23. At the moment of the fans' nervousness, Hu Ming-yuan withstood the pressure, and a very attacking serve of hers broke the Italian pass, causing them to force the adjustment and attack, eventually Egonu’s offense was stopped by Yuan Xin-yue and the Chinese team won the 3rd set, laying a solid foundation for the reversal, which was not only ending the series of losing streak against the Italian team, but also revitalizing the Chinese squad. A classic showdown that is enough to go down in history.

In the semifinals of the 2018 World Championships also against the Italian team, Hu Ming-yuan as the bench player also called in to serve at the most critical moment of the 2nd set. Under such great pressure, Hu Ming-yuan not only did not make a mistake, but also with her two excellent serves, she directly scored two points and helped the team win the 2nd set.

Hu was captured by the camera shedding tears of happiness after the team won the very intense match eventually.

• The 14 Chinese roster in Jiangmen station for the 2019 VNL Week #4 -- use only one libero and three setters, the rest unchanged.

OH 主攻 (4 players): Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Liu Xiao-tong and Li Ying-ying

MB 副攻 (4): Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Hu Ming-yuan and Yang Han-yu

OP 接应 (2): Gong Xiang-yu and Zeng Chun-lei

S 二传 (2): Ding Xia, Yao Di and Diao Lin-yu

L 自由人 (2): Lin Li

中国女排江门站14人名单:

主攻(4人):朱婷、张常宁、刘晓彤、李盈莹

副攻(4人):袁心玥、颜妮、胡铭媛、杨涵玉

接应(2人):龚翔宇、曾春蕾

二传(2人):丁霞、姚迪、刁琳宇

自由人(2人):林莉

Via Tencent Sports

Lang Ping wanna test further the setters and Lin Li. Wang Meng-jie has been adapting well with the new, higher gear and more offensive training as seen in the Week 3.