Chinese NT 2019

• China U20 got the 7th place of U20 WCH 2019.

Ni Fei-fan is the best libero.

[She is taller than Japanese OHs because in fact, she was a receiving OP a few years ago]

China U23 is the winner of U23 ACH 2019.

Sun Jie is the best OP.

Gao Yi is one of the best MBs.

Wu Han is MVP.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• "China U23 is the winner of U23 ACH 2019." -- And this is the very first tournament won by the Chinese team in 2019! Thus, much congratulation to the team even though it's only a competition at the Asian level. The former member of the gold medalist team at the 2004 Athens Olympic Games, Yang Hao 杨昊 is the Assistant Coach of this team.

Some Thai user at Youtube had uploaded the True 720HD quality replay of some select matches. I hope some Chinese user there to also upload the HQ replays from the Chinese source.

Edit: Just found it :)

Gold Medal Match of North Korea vs China - 2019 Women's Volleyball U23 Asian Championship -- Video and Award Presentation Ceremony

2019女排U23亚锦赛决赛朝鲜vs中国比赛录像+颁奖仪式

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av60268362/

FULL MATCH 02:08:22 - No Commentary - Source: SMMTV Sports - Free access to all

Btw at 175 Ni won't be hopeful at her original role as a receiving OPP, but as a libero she has a good prospect to grow!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 4 times, last by samsara ().

• The count down is starting... Only about 10 days left for the IOQT Group B to kick off at Ningbo - Post #155 - CHN TUR GER CZE

UNLIKE the annual VNL, these will be matches with nothing to save, no reservation, all out by all the available best line-up.... no excuses of training purpose, throwing away, hiding the forte and so on... simply to be better and to win... for the Chinese team, this is the most important event in the 2019 :whistle: followed by the World Cup. Will be patient to enjoy it.... the very first time of watching an OG qualification tournament under this mini format

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The count down is starting... Only about 10 days left for the IOQT Group B to kick off at Ningbo - Post #155 - CHN TUR GER CZE

UNLIKE the annual VNL, these will be matches with nothing to save, no reservation, all out by all the available best line-up.... no excuses of training purpose, throwing away, hiding the forte and so on... simply to be better and to win... for the Chinese team, this is the most important event in the 2019 :whistle: followed by the World Cup. Will be patient to enjoy it.... the very first time of watching an OG qualification tournament under this mini format

That's why this is going to be more exciting than VNL. no one will not try :)

• That's why this is going to be more exciting than VNL. no one will not try :)

He he he… I really don't want to be such mean… to kill one joy by another joy... each event has its values, significance as well as fun, even the junior U-level tournaments... so let's enjoy each by its designated nature :-)

So, first thing first! IOQT... after that, World Cup! Then we'll see the updated WR!! :whistle:

• Meanwhile, between the two tournaments, IOQT (August 02~04) and World Cup (September 14~29), ASIA will have its continental tournament hosted by the South Korea from 17 to 25 August 2019.

2019 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship

The 2019 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship will be the 20th Edition of the Asian Women's Volleyball Championship, a biennial international volleyball tournament organised by the Asian Volleyball Confederation (AVC) with Korea Volleyball Association (KVA). The tournament was held in Seoul, South Korea, from 17 to 25 August 2019. South Korea played host for this event the very first time. Top eight teams of this tournament will be qualified to 2020 AVC Women's Volleyball Olympic Qualification Tournament.

QUALIFICATION

Following the AVC regulations, the maximum of 16 teams in all AVC events will be selected by:

• 1 team for the organizer

• 10 teams based on the rankings of the previous championship

• 5 teams from each of 5 zones (with a qualification tournament if needed)

From Wiki

Let's see which team China will dispatch to this tournament. Surely team or roster list will only be clarified following the IOQT's completion (my very guess).

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Let's see which team China will dispatch to this tournament. Surely team or roster list will only be clarified following the IOQT's completion (my very guess).

Considering the 2017 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship, I think China might go with their C Team mixed with some U23. Japan, Thailand, and South Korea all sent their main players and won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.

The 2017 Roster led by Bao Zhuang (4th Place) :

S: Yu Jiarui, Liang Guiqian

OPP: Guan Ruige, Chen Peiyan, Wang Zichen

OH: Liu Mengya(C), Jin Ye, Cai Xiaoqing,

MB: Huang Ruilei, Lei Yanxi, Huang Feng

L: Wang Simin, Shu Zhijia

*Jin Ye won best opposite

• 2017 was National Games so teams did not allow top players to participate. I think China will want to win 2019 edition.

• only the rumor:

Hu Ming-yuan, Yang Han-yu, Diao Lin-yu and Zeng Chun-lei aren't in the roster of IOQT 2020.

Therefore, the roster will be:

S - Ding Xia, Yao Di

WS - Zhu Ting, Li Ying-ying, Zhang Chang-ning, Liu Xiao-tong, Liu Yan-han, Gong Xiang-yu

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin

L - Wang Meng-jie, Lin Li

In theory, 6 WSs and Zheng Yi-xin can be as OPs.

I don't know whether it is true or false!

I don't know whether it is true or false!

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Both Hu Ming-yuan and Yang Han-yu have have left the team in Beilun TC, Ningbo. Need to cut two more players to make up the 14-list, still cannot say firmly who are left out. Diao Lin-yu is another good candidate for that, don't think Lang would like to bring three setters, but that Zeng is out and Zheng is in, well, let's see :-) personally I opt to leave out the more senior Zeng.

• Zeng and Diao will be cut for 90% sure. because Zeng's injury is getting heavier these days, for a veteran, it is hard. the injury could be the only resistance for her to overcome and go farther to Tokyo.

Through an interview, Zeng appreciated all her experience and luck to be with NT till now. She is never feeling regretful at anybody or anything, and she is still positive in her attitution to train with her teammates no matter what will happen to her in the future. She will count the days and prepare her best for any result.

Personally speaking, her experience shown in WGCC 2017, Wch in 2018 and VNL 2019 is definately treasured and is inspiring the youngsters.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• A bit surprised with Wang yuanyuan making the team. I thought out of the 6 MBs she is at the bottom. Zheng Yizin’s inclussion makes sense since they dont have real 2nd opposite hitter.

Same, but she did do better than Yang Hanyu during the VNL finals. I think it was her block slowing down the opponents attack that made her stood out, just by getting a slight touch on the ball made her above Yang who seems to have a hard time reading the setter and was all over the place. I had high hopes for Yang Hanyu who started off Montreux and the 1st week of VNL well. Hopefully she can turn things around.

I think Zheng Yixin's addition doesn't have to do with the fact that she can also play opposite, but more so her speed that can surprise some teams. That element is something different compared to the style of Yuan, Yan Ni, and Wang YY.

• Zeng and Diao will be cut for 90% sure. because Zeng's injury is getting heavier these days, for a veteran, it is hard. the injury could be the only resistance for her to overcome and go farther to Tokyo.

Through an interview, Zeng appreciated all her experience and luck to be with NT till now. She is never feeling regretful at anybody or anything, and she is still positive in her attitution to train with her teammates no matter what will happen to her in the future. She will count the days and prepare her best for any result.

Personally speaking, her experience shown in WGCC 2017, Wch in 2018 and VNL 2019 is definately treasured and is inspiring the youngsters.

I guess that most likely Diao Lin-yu and Zeng Chun-lei will be cut from the current 16 player list in Beilun TC. Both Liu Xiao-tong and Liu Yan-han will be selected, and Zhang Chang-ning will play in OPP along with Gong Xiang-yu. 4 OH, 4 MB, 2 OPP, 2 S, and 2 L.

The Chinese final 14-roster will be announced in the last moment.

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• I guess that most likely Diao Lin-Yu and Zeng Chun-lei will be cut from the current 16 player list in Beilun TC. Both Liu Xiao-tong and Liu Yan-han will be selected, and Zhang Chang-ning will play in OPP along with Gong Xiang-yu. 4 OH, 4 MB, 2 OPP, 2 S, and 2 L.

The Chinese final 14-roster will be announced in the last moment.

hah...more or less.

hosts are always taking actions the last, as brazil, poland, russia does the same.

well....US and Italy are both quicker this time.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• http://cva-web.dataproject.com/CompetitionTeamDetails.aspx?TeamID=109&ID=20

[FIVB is the same roster]

The official 14-player roster of IOQT 2019:

S - Ding Xia, Yao Di

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zeng Chun-lei

OH - Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Li Ying-ying, Liu Xiao-tong

MB - Yan Ni, Yuan XIn-yue, Zheng Yi-xin, Wang Yuan-yuan

L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• There's Liu Xiatong and not Liu Yanhan who was named as the best outside hitter of VNL:what::(

• After IOQT, Who will be in the rosters of ACH 2019 and World Cup 2019?

Could these players return this year - [Liu Yan-han, Ni Fei-fan, Yang Han-yu, Hu Ming-yuan, Duan Fang, Diao Lin-yu, Du Qing-qing, even Wang Na and Zhang Yi-chan]? It is a question.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu