2019 / 2020 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• personally, i believe Haak fits better in vakifbank than egonu. Aside from being less expensive, haak is the smarter player. She is more efficient. Haak reminds me so much of Lonneke years ago. Imagine Gui flaming Egonu everytime she makes an error if she were to be in vakifbank :white:

• I'm interested if Vakifbank will try to signed C.Bosetti again ?? I mean their was news that She didn't want to play in Vakif after her injury and She stayed in Seria A, Pomi. Their is no many players like her...

She would be perfect for Conegliano...I'm hoping to see her their. She fits much more for their way of game than Sylla.

If Santarelli stays as NT coach of Croatia I don't believe that Fabris will leave Conegliano...

• both egonu and haak to vakif?i think the big problem for vakif is who can replace zhu if it is ture that zhu will come back to china league. yes ,just like someone said egonu can do reception....so she can replace zhu ting? this guy really likes to say a joke

• If that rumor is true, then it makes sense that vakif hired Haak to replace Lonneke. It was rumored too that Vakif wants Hill back, maybe to replace Robinson. Vakif already has Zehra and Kubra so they dont need a foreigner MB to replace Rasic. But who will replace Zhu though? There are very few offensive OHs who can receive apart from Zhu :what:

• It's great to see how close the four of them have become. :dance6:If they all go to China, I hope they split into pairs and join different teams just to even out the level. Vakifbank should truly start focusing on the NT. Even though Ebrar is still raw, she deserves to be a starter. Benching her is only going to stunt her growth.

• There`s simply nobody that can replace Zhu.... the only 2 players that come close are Kim ( Did she sign 1 or 2 years with Vitra) and Mihajlovic ( but she needs someone to cover for her).

I hope this does not means Vakifbank is investing less next season...this would not be good for volleyball in general.

Without Zhu...( and I love Haak) but If I was Guidetti I would certainly have gone for Egonu.

Egonu-Mihajlovic- C or L Bosetti.

or

Haak-Mihajlovic or Kim - C or L Bosetti.

and Ebrar could replace Haak in Scandicci

• It was rumored too that Vakif wants Hill back, maybe to replace Robinson. Vakif already has Zehra and Kubra so they dont need a foreigner MB to replace Rasic. But who will replace Zhu though? There are very few offensive OHs who can receive apart from Zhu :what:

There`s simply nobody that can replace Zhu.... the only 2 players that come close are Kim ( Did she sign 1 or 2 years with Vitra) and Mihajlovic ( but she needs someone to cover for her).

I was also thinking about who could replace Zhu. Which, of course, nobody really can. If Hill indeed will replace Robinson, you can't use Mihajlovic because Hill isn't a good enough passer to cover her. If Hill would be one of the outside hitters then Kim, Bricio and Natalia come to mine mind. But I doubt that Kim nor Brico will leave their team for Vakifbank. And my doubt with Natalia is whether she will ever be at her top again.

About the middle blockers I'm not sure that Zehra and Kubra are good enough. Both are not good sliders, so I would get a foreign Middle blocker who is a good slider. My options would be de Kruijf, Akinradewo, Adams or Beliën.

• I have been seeing this here for a while and I really wonder how can one think Zehra and Kubra will be enough and Rasic won’t be missed. She is like a wall, yes, she can’t kill like she used to but she is still blocking or touching balls so I don’t think these Turkish MBs will be enough to cover her spot. Zehra is promising but far from Rasic’s level. There aren’t many players who could suits Rasic’s role in this team. Akinradewo, Robin, Adams those are good players but they are not famous for their block ability, in fact, they are known for their lacking of blocking.

Anyway, hope Rasic will stay in Turkish league and any team who hires her is a lucky one.

• Rasic isnt a good slider either but yeah she is a beast when it comes to blocking. However turkish league has a 3 foreigner limit so in order for Haak, Hill (probably) and the other foreign OH to play at the same time, they need Zehra and Kubra to play as starters. But if Vakif decides to hire a foreign MB, maybe Poljak? Has she retired?

And why do i have this feeling that Lonneke will play either for Novara or Scandicci. Going to Italy would be beneficial for Lonneke unless Fabris leaves Imoco which is almost impossible.

• For me Robin is not good slider. Right now She has very low % in attack because She is doing much more slides. Not in one game this just her level right now. She can be even afraid for her starting position.

Poljak retired in 2017. Ah legend :heart:

• Wasn't there a rumor that Hill left Vakif because she no longer wanted to play in Turkey? If that's true, why would she go back?

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

• Wasn't there a rumor that Hill left Vakif because she no longer wanted to play in Turkey? If that's true, why would she go back?

Well since the situation in Turkey changed lately, she said that in 2016 or early 17 I think which was I think the worst era for Turkey in general in history of 100 years. I could understand her, but its been more silent then other countries lately so I don't see a reason for her to not go back.

Tbh Turkey just gets a bad rep because its a muslim majority country, 2015-17 was in general a bad few years for the world, there have been attacks in France/Belgium/UK the list goes on, but Turkey is the unsafe one ofc :whistle: I think Turkey is most unsafe only for local Turks that oppose the government but thats a whole other story... Jordan Larson f.e. is even taking happy selfies with our crazy president so she secured herself with that :rolll:

While the situation continued in the rest of the world in 2018 it hasn't really continued in Turkey. We have more economy problems now but that is probably only a good thing for Kim Hill who will receive her paycheck not in Liras but in US Dollars.

that wasn’t a rumor, she gave an interview where she said she doesn’t feel safe in Istanbul and she doesn’t want to live like this, always afraid of going out. And she was right. Right now it is more stable in Turkey but still I am not sure if she would want to come back.

I feel a bit sad and angry when players go to China. Hope Lonneke will go to Italy if she decides to leave Turkey.

I was thinking the same thing...

Also, there's an unwritten rule with Vakıfbank, they don't transfer the same player twice. Local or foreign, when you're out, you're out.

Only exception to this rule that I know is Melis Gürkaynak who spent a year with Galatasaray and came back...

She started playing volleyball in the club and very highly regarded in terms of her character, probably that's why she became the captain after Gözde...

• IMO, if Zhu must be back to China, apparently she will, she needs to join certan club that will provide professional training facilities, advanced technical support and all-round backstage guarantee, that benifits her. Then Zhu Ting can enjoy the league games, keep a good shape and get the proper rehabilitation before Olympic Game.

I believe that China National Volleyball Administration Bureau and the head coach Lang Ping will make her good arrangement.

The transfer money will not decide this time.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Lonneke Sloëtjes admits that there are rumors that she, Zhu Ting, Milena Rasic and Kelsey Robinson will play for a Chinese team next season. But she says it is still too early to take such decisions.

SOURCE: http://www.volleybalkrant.nl/n…ke-sloetjes-bij-vakifbank

It would be really strange if all 4 of them would leave Vakifbank:white:

Guangdong Evergrande hopefully.....lol

just kidding, it is rumor for 100 percent. It is colosssally expensive to invite the big four at a time.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...