2019 / 2020 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• Lonneke Sloëtjes admits that there are rumors that she, Zhu Ting, Milena Rasic and Kelsey Robinson will play for a Chinese team next season. But she says it is still too early to take such decisions.

SOURCE: http://www.volleybalkrant.nl/n…ke-sloetjes-bij-vakifbank

It would be really strange if all 4 of them would leave Vakifbank:white:

LMAO! I don't know why, but this rumor is cracking me up! :D:D:D

• But they already signed Haak. To soon, so I’m not suprised if this rumors are true. They are making fast transfer in half of this season for next season.

So They are probably finding new OHs if this rumor is true.

• But they already signed Haak. To soon, so I’m not suprised if this rumors are true. They are making fast transfer in half of this season for next season.

The best european teams have their rosters full or almost full on January/February but they can't announce them officially.

• Without Zhu...Guidetti will have to create a whole new system, they will be a different team next season, in a way makes sense they will change all the foreigners.

One of the things that makes sense Guidetii would sign Haak is considering the fact she basically wont be playing hard for the NT like other top players, so the risky of her getting injured is lower. ( but of course I think one main thing that will maybe hold Haak back is the fact of not having the NT experience such as OG, WCH, etc)...so if Haak goes to Turkey will be 100% starter in every game...and Ebrar will be on the bench the whole time just like Polen is right now....there`s no reason for Terzic to rest Vargas as she did not even play during the summer.

Kubra and Zehra are not even close to Rasic`s level.......They will suffer a lot without her. But at the same time I can`t think of anyone that can replace her. I would say Stevanovic and Adenizia as these 2 can be monster blockers....and depending who the 2 OH ares the middles won`t be getting many sets anyways....so they need actually a BLOCKER,

• I don't think VB will get foreigner MBs, Zehra and Kubra are for sure not on Rasic level however as you said there is simply not really anyone to replace Rasic, Zehra and Kubra actually still would be the next best thing imo and VB will need good OHs as you said, they already have two great MBs, they don't have to be Rasic level (as almost no one really is) You can't have the best of all worlds. Stevanovic and esp. Adenizia I don't think they would be a huge upgrade over the local options, since Zehra and Kubra already are known with Gio's system while newcomers will need to adjust. I feel if VB also gets new MBs it will be an EczV type of team that won't work.

Best case for VB would be Rasic stays even if the rest leaves and they put Kübra on the market. But I guess we will see what happens.

• I don't think VB will get foreigner MBs, Zehra and Kubra are for sure not on Rasic level however as you said there is simply not really anyone to replace Rasic, Zehra and Kubra actually still would be the next best thing imo and VB will need good OHs as you said, they already have two great MBs, they don't have to be Rasic level (as almost no one really is) You can't have the best of all worlds. Stevanovic and esp. Adenizia I don't think they would be a huge upgrade over the local options, since Zehra and Kubra already are known with Gio's system while newcomers will need to adjust. I feel if VB also gets new MBs it will be an EczV type of team that won't work.

Best case for VB would be Rasic stays even if the rest leaves and they put Kübra on the market. But I guess we will see what happens.

I agree that Zebra and Kubra are the best options. Everyone talks about foreigners players and how amazing they are.. But they don't talk when they don't deliver.

I would actually love too Vakifbank with a all Turkish Lineup.

Naz-Ebrar-Kubra-Zehra-Hande-Meliha-Gimze.

Would be interesting to see what Guidetti could do with them. Or I simply would like to see a lineup like this in any other team

• Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but i'm going to ask anyway.....

2 weeks ago, the Thai head coach was in Turkey and met with Guidetti....anybody know what that was about? Maybe to help the Turkish team or Vakifbank to have better reception techniques and play faster?

• it doest make sense to me that 4 main players of Vakıf would end up in China

i also think that no one could replace Zhu Ting in case of a possible departure of the club. They can replace Kelsey and Lonneke in a way but not Zhu
    if they really intend to form a new team after this season then they could consider Neriman Özsoy (its up to Gui for sure)

• Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but i'm going to ask anyway.....

2 weeks ago, the Thai head coach was in Turkey and met with Guidetti....anybody know what that was about? Maybe to help the Turkish team or Vakifbank to have better reception techniques and play faster?

I seriously doubt that, it's not like Thai players are good at reception...

Guidetti a lot of times confessed his admiration for Thailand team, said they have the best side-out game in the world...

My guess is Guidetti is trying to improve Turkish offense which was the biggest problem in WCH...

Our OHs are not particularly smart, so coach has to be more creative...

Thailand is the master of combination play, I think Guidetti will try to adapt some of their tactics...

• I seriously doubt that, it's not like Thai players are good at reception...

not the best, but certainly better than most on good days...

Guidetti a lot of times confessed his admiration for Thailand team, said they have the best side-out game in the world...

My guess is Guidetti is trying to improve Turkish offense which was the biggest problem in WCH...

Thailand is the master of combination play, I think Guidetti will try to adapt some of their tactics...

make sense.......thanks to both of your insights

• Ahahahaha:lol::lol: I would like to see it :lol: Where is it ?

I'm not sure exactly but I think it was somewhere in her instagram, I don't remember if she posted it or just put it in her story. It was a pic of her and Erdogan, and she put something like 'Today I had the honour to meet the president... etc' I was like LMAO :lol::lol:

• Neslihan Demir also came back to Vakıfbank.

Vakıfbank was founded in 1986...I think we can find many other examples if we have the time...

I was talking about post-Nalan Ural&Neslihan Demir era, the period after getting rid of two of the biggest losers in the sport. when the club really took off...

• Guidetti a lot of times confessed his admiration for Thailand team, said they have the best side-out game in the world...

I was right. Vakıf run several combination plays vs Karayolları, where an OH attacked from zone3...

It was pretty clumsy tough Kelsey got blocked at one and got digged in the second...

And Zhu could barely hit the ball...

I have to admit it looks gimmicky for a team like Vakıfbank..

I wonder if they will keep trying or just give up...

• I was right. Vakıf run several combination plays vs Karayolları, where an OH attacked from zone3...

It was pretty clumsy tough Kelsey got blocked at one and got digged in the second...

And Zhu could barely hit the ball...

I have to admit it looks gimmicky for a team like Vakıfbank..

I wonder if they will keep trying or just give up...

I noticed that more and more teams(players) in Seria A, started to attack shorter sets in zone 3, mich closer to MB and setter. It looks like it is becoming a “trend”

• And Zhu ... keep trying

Only because I've watched this match a dozen times does that ring a bell (queued up for the play):

I can't find the version in English where the commentator says something to the effect of "all very well and good running the combination play where zhu likes to bring the OH in close to the setter" except when there's a couple Russians standing there waiting for you