2019 / 2020 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• Maret did help the team that season but their big success was in the TL playoffs where she was mainly on the bench because Abbondanza wanted to use Tomkom instead of Ezgi, so the idea that Kim-Natalia didn't work as an OH duo is wrong.

Yeah, that was my point. Natalia and KIm did well together, only problem was Polen, but next season with Vitra they will have Boskovic.

• as you can see in the stat sheet, Natalia played opposite of Kim(for instance in the first set, she started at zone 5 while Kim was in zone 2) so she definitely played as OH. Maret played as receiving Opp because Natalia&Kim duo was a big reliability at reception and defense. Same story might happen to Eczacıbaşı next season. Especially this time, neither of these two has attacking efficiency to compensate their lack of reception&defense

• as you can see in the stat sheet, Natalia played opposite of Kim(for instance in the first set, she started at zone 5 while Kim was in zone 2) so she definitely played as OH. Maret played as receiving Opp because Natalia&Kim duo was a big reliability at reception and defense. Same story might happen to Eczacıbaşı next season. Especially this time, neither of these two has attacking efficiency to compensate their lack of reception&defense

That is not what happened. Maret only played because Polen was not playing well at all.

Maret only became available because she simply left Bozano all of the sudden, so is not like Fener was looking for a OH at that time, but once she became available it made sense to sign her since there were no good OPP`s available at that time.

I guess you have not watched Natalia at all this season.... Her 34 points at the WCH says HELLO. ;)

• That is not what happened. Maret only played because Natalia&Kim reception line didn't work.;)

• That is not what happened. Maret only played because Natalia&Kim reception line didn't work.;)

As I said, Balkestein didn't play much in the TL playoffs so Kim and Natalia did a decent job in reception and defence. Yeah, it wasn't the strong point of their game but it worked well enough.

go check the stats of the playoffs...Maret did not even play basically... They played with Kim-Natalia-Tomkom.....just like Sisko mentioned above.

https://tvf-web.dataproject.com/CompetitionHome.aspx?ID=19

So how Fener won the tittle with Maret on the bench and Natalia-Kim-Tomkon on the floor?

Maret replaced Polen in the starting lineup at Champions League....And guess what?? They LOST>

• No. Neither does Osasco.

I would try to sign Tandara and Dani Lins and a foreigner with a decent reception..

Roberta is done with Rio. There's nothing left for her there anymore altough I also believe that the main problem this year was not her.

Where do you think she should go? Stay in Brazil or go to Italy? I don't want her to go to Osasco because the coach is not that smart. Praia is almost likely since Lloyd is rumored to be going back to Italy. I think signing Koshe was a wrong move because there is no Gabi-type of player in Rio to cover everyone's messes in passing and defense. Rio is always a team with good reception since the days of the legendary Fabi. That's why their middles always look good because the setter has all the chances to feed her middles at her disposal. But not this year.

• I find funny that you blame people of not watching games when you needed the stats and still don't get the difference between outside and opposite position. Ok... :gone::lol:

I guess u don`t even know what we r talking about.

I`m talking about 2016-2017 season... Do u have any idea how many games I have watched since then??.

I watched mostly of that season and CL as well ( DUH They were playing against Boskovic...so u truly think I did not watch???)

Of course I can`t remember exactly what happened and how they played. I remember when they were trying Maret instead of Polen, but I assumed they switched Natalia to OPP because I remember she was not receiving many balls with Maret on the floor....

and it is very confusing when your OH receives only 5 while your OPP 25. I`m so sorry for my ignorance.

And did u read what I said? I said Natalia played a few games as OPP...I did not say Natalia played the whole season or mostly games as OPP... go back to my original post and read again what I said.

• you are embodied form of logical fallacy. 👏 Fener reached cl semis Turkish cup final with Bricio-fatma reception line, does this mean they don't have a problem with reception &defense?

• No. Neither does Osasco.

I would try to sign Tandara and Dani Lins and a foreigner with a decent reception..

Roberta is done with Rio. There's nothing left for her there anymore altough I also believe that the main problem this year was not her.

It is actually the passing line. But thats ok should roberta leave! I mean im just the setting with the best i can because thr main problem is the reception line..

• I'm pretty sure Grothues came to strengthen the passing line-up. In the cup final she and Ezgi played and you know what, they won! Also in TL finals she had to came in every set to pass. And she left Bolzano because the coach didn't let her play after her injury she got at the olympics.

• Osasco and rio can have the biggest chance of claiming victory next season

Osasco - camila brait. No existing 2 seven point players

Mayany - thaisa - tandara - 2 foreigner would be a killer - bia - roberta

Rio - good mb’s. No existing 2 sevent point players.. drussyla.

Bia roberta tandara kosheleva thaisa drussyla is a killer (depends on budget)

• Pope has a serious problem with understanding the stats sheet. It's simple. Trust me.

I said from the beginning that Natalia never played is OPP. She ALWAYS played on Kim's diagonal. Balkestein played as receiving OPP just like the stats show.

Maybe you should learn a little bit more about volleyball before writing so much BS. Maybe you can go back and watch Russia from 2004 and see that Gamova played many times as OH when Sokolova was a receiving OPP. It's not that hard to see.

• Where do you think she should go? Stay in Brazil or go to Italy? I don't want her to go to Osasco because the coach is not that smart. Praia is almost likely since Lloyd is rumored to be going back to Italy. I think signing Koshe was a wrong move because there is no Gabi-type of player in Rio to cover everyone's messes in passing and defense. Rio is always a team with good reception since the days of the legendary Fabi. That's why their middles always look good because the setter has all the chances to feed her middles at her disposal. But not this year.

Maybe Fluminense. That's close to her quality.

I'm kidding. I dont know where Roberta should go. Maybe Barueri would be good for her.

• Wang Yi-mei will be reactive and as the member of Liaoning VC.

She has resumed training recently.

She didn't particpate in Chinese League 18/19 only due to her injury.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Pope has a serious problem with understanding the stats sheet. It's simple. Trust me.

I said from the beginning that Natalia never played is OPP. She ALWAYS played on Kim's diagonal. Balkestein played as receiving OPP just like the stats show.

Maybe you should learn a little bit more about volleyball before writing so much BS. Maybe you can go back and watch Russia from 2004 and see that Gamova played many times as OH when Sokolova was a receiving OPP. It's not that hard to see.

Though I basically agree with everything you say, in 2004 Gamova and Sokolova both played as OH ;) Plotnikova was the OPP back then.