Turkish NT 2019

• My list would be like this:

Setters: Cansu, Naz (not this summer though), Gamze.

- I know I will be criticised a lot, but so far one of the good performing local setters are Ezgi and Nursevil (judging by the last month). I know Guidetti would not prefer any of the two. However, if GS makes a surprise and reach finals and if Nursevil keeps playing in starting 6 (which she did a very good in the last 5-6 matches), he might be forced to invite her for a try out like he did last summer with players like Cansu Aydinogullari. Moreover, Cansu has a great weakness in blocking and Nursevil is a great blocker and server. I had a chance to watch her live against Karayollari 2 weeks ago and she looked very different and very confident. Lets hope she keeps performing this well.

OHs: Meliha, Seyma, Fatma and Cansu Cetin.

- Meliha is the only balanced local OH, so her place is guaranteed. Seyma is terribly underperforming but noone can replace her. Fatma started the season incredibly good but now falling apart. Cansu Cetin is playing in starting 6 of GS for more than a month, she does very good in serving, receiving and defense. Her attacking stats are pretty fine too (usually around or over 40%). Guidetti migh be forced to use GS's system, having 2 defensive OHs and relying on opposites and middle blockers for attacking with fast sets.

MBs: Eda, Zehra, Bahar (if she rejects, Kubra or Yasemin Guveli), Asli.

- The last three 3 names are all zone 3 attacking MBs. Asli is the best blocker after Rasic in Turkish league and her attacking ratios are also very good. Being short is no longer an argument for her, considering how she performs this season so far. So Guidetti might be forced to invite her too if she keeps performing like this. Besides, there is no need for a slider MB if you have Eda who has a guaranteed spot on court and if she is injured, there can be 2 MBs attacking from zone 3, which is not the end of the world. Bahar is also performing really good this season. Beyza is a big no no, her performance this season is like Özgenur Yurtdagulen, I feel sorry for her. So if Guidetti really wants a slider, he might pick Kubra (who is also performing bad this season) or take the risk and get Yasemin Guveli who is both a good blocker and quick slider.

Opposites: Ebrar Karakurt, Hande Baladin

- Hande switched to opposite in GS since more than a month ago and her performance went really great since then. She also receives better as opposite if needed. So I won't be surprised if she plays opposite this summer. She can also go in as OH if OHs on court are pulling the team down.

Liberos: Simge and Gizem Örge.

Ilkin will be a very good addition to the team as OH in the future. She is injured and did not train a single time this season. Ataman said she will come back in March-April, which means she won't have time to recover fully. I think she does better in receiving than Hande and hits better from left side. But this is probably not the right time to invite her.

• I absolutely agree with your analysis! Although we desperately need an offensive oh to replace neriman, I believe hande could contribute more as opp. Also considering how inexperienced and unstable ebrar is, it is wise to have another option on the opposite position. Also I think Meliha could get more responsibilities at attacking when she plays with a more defensive OH next to her. She is indeed very capable of scoring when she feels comfortable with her setter. And I also agree with you about scoring with mostly MBs and opposite and getting a solid reception/defense line

Cansu Cetin is doing well so far, I think guidetti should bring her instead of a third libero such as Aylin.

• I don't like Ataman but I like what he has been doing with Hande Baladın the last few matches; she starts as Opp without having to worry about receiving the first two sets and can spike exactly however she wants. Then in the 3rd she goes in as OH and Meryem Boz in as Opp, this way she gets to experience the best of both worlds and if needed she could transition easier to OH-OPP in the future and in the NT while Boz is also not wasted on the bench. Results wise Galatasaray also has been doing incredibly well with this. To be honest with you guys I find it hard to believe this is a tactic that Ataman came up with :rolll: must be one of his asssistants...

• I am really happy with current shape of Eda Erdem. She is not only the best attacker of the league after the regular season but also she is the 5th best blocker. She is one of the rare MBs who can both attack and block (seriously it is very rare nowadays).

On top of her attacking&blocking skills, she is also a killer server. She is 5th best server currently and the only one who is not jump serving. Her error ratio (13%) is very low compared to other good servers such as Vargas (32%) Bricio (27%) Rahimova (25%) Bailey (24%)

I hope she can keep her level this summer without any injuries. She will be the most important player in the team:heart:

• I am really happy with current shape of Eda Erdem. She is not only the best attacker of the league after the regular season but also she is the 5th best blocker. She is one of the rare MBs who can both attack and block (seriously it is very rare nowadays).

On top of her attacking&blocking skills, she is also a killer server. She is 5th best server currently and the only one who is not jump serving. Her error ratio (13%) is very low compared to other good servers such as Vargas (32%) Bricio (27%) Rahimova (25%) Bailey (24%)

I hope she can keep her level this summer without any injuries. She will be the most important player in the team:heart:

I really like how she kept working on herself and improving in other areas she was weaker in. She has always been a great attacker, slider to be more precise.. and she and Naz had a great chemistry in the NT 2011-2012.. Her block was good, but she was never a dominant blocker, nowadays she does that too.. and her serve too. Since she changed the way she tosses the ball, it has become more effective

• Some young players care about the thought of winning club trophies despite not even participating rather than their own self development.

• Why she has to wait 4 years? As far as I remember Mihajlovic didnt wait even 1 year to play for Serbia when she got the citizenship in 2012 before World Olympic Qualification tournament and I remember even she was surprised by FIVB that approved so quickly.

• Because in Mihajlovic birth papers says that She is “Serb” (or serbian :gone:) but She is citizen of BIH.

That is with all nations in BiH (Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian)

• Because in Mihajlovic birth papers says that She is “Serb” (or serbian :gone:) but She is citizen of BIH.

That is with all nations in BiH (Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian)

I am surprised. Does ID card really says you are Serbian or Bosnian? I mean if you have BIH's ID card you are Bosnian.

• I am surprised. Does ID card really says you are Serbian or Bosnian? I mean if you have BIH's ID card you are Bosnian.

With Bosnia it is different situation, I think some time ago, someone from this forum explained it. There are people from 3 different nations and they have 3 presidents.

• Online it says a person must have been living in Turkey for at least 5 years or 3 if u r married to a Turkish citizen.

I think she would have to wait only 2 years after she get is.

Anyways..

.... a long time of wait.... 🤧

• Sport citizenship is a different story. Leon didn’t have to wait as long as he should for Polish citizenship, so I guess Turkey will won’t block its income :)

• Not sure, but Leon has been waiting 3-4 years to be able to play for Poland and Leal is still waiting to play for Brazil.

Bulgaria didn´t accept to give Simon the Bulgarian citizenship alleging that he would be too old to play for their NT in 3 years.

Even so, Vargas is still young:)

• Not sure, but Leon has been waiting 3-4 years to be able to play for Poland and Leal is still waiting to play for Brazil.

Bulgaria didn´t accept to give Simon the Bulgarian citizenship alleging that he would be too old to play for their NT in 3 years.

Even so, Vargas is still young:)

Leon got citizenship is 2015 and according to the rules he has to wait 4 years to play in new NT. I don’t remember when he applied but no one gets citizenship in a short period of time.