Turkish NT 2019

• Tell me the name of the better option please?

Guidetti is done with Polen, and Gözde is better than Melis Durul and Ceyda Aktaş or whatever...

You're blowing this up, she won't play more than a set or two in VNL much like Ceren did last year...

• Tell me the name of the better option please?

Guidetti is done with Polen, and Gözde is better than Melis Durul and Ceyda Aktaş or whatever...

You're blowing this up, she won't play more than a set or two in VNL much like Ceren did last year...

And why is she even there in that case? Why won’t we have a younger player? I’m not talking about inviting Polen or Ceyda, I am talking about having youngsters, instead of these players.

• So what? I shouldn’t talk when I disagree with a coach or player. Is this what you are telling? And it is not my fault that she is useless. If an useless player gets a call from NT, I get to talk about it. That’s it.

Your problem is that you are throwing insults to players while you can't even handle with slightly bit of sarcasm. You are just like voleyboldefteri whom you have been blaming previously:down:

I totally agree with Tamer

• Your problem is that you are throwing insults to players while you can't even handle with slightly bit of sarcasm. You are just like voleyboldefteri whom you have been blaming previously:down:

I totally agree with Tamer

You insult people and players all the time and it is not a problem and when I do that, is that a problem? You should check yourself first and then come and lecture us. You are VOLEYBOL DEFTERI yourself. Lol. Go and look into the mirror first.

• This girl, Gözde, has no motivation to play volleyball. She was a promising player once, 4-5 years ago but she has choosen to sit in the bench for ages instead of playing as a starter in any team other than big 4 in the league. She could have been the starter OPP instead of Meryem who has played in every season and hasnt sit in the bench. And now, we see that she will go to Vakifbank:wall: I cant understand her desicions, you are a pro volleyball player(27 years old) and when you look back at your volleyball history you only sit in the bench:mad:Anyway, good luck to her, she loves this way. And I dont want to see such players in the NT, I agree with Umu11.

• 5/10 out of Voleyboldefteri's latest tweets are bashing Meryem in NT :wall::thumbdown:

The hypocrisy of it all, I remember him complementing her each time in Ech and VNL...

Yes, she had a terrible season but since she had 2 good NT seasons its more than normal to invite her back especially since the best of her seems to come with Guidetti for at least to try in tournaments as Montreux and VNL.

I'm angry at Gözde Yilmaz at NT, she actually has done nothing but sign with Vakif to be called, though I still understand that indeed there is no better option. In this case I'd personally call a super young unknown talent, playing along the main NT squad could motivate such players. While we know nothing seems to motivate Gözde to want to be a starter.

• I understand everybody's frustration with Gozde being invited to the NT, but listeeen.. we've also seen Guldeniz in NT for so long, and she has always been a sub in Vakif. Yes she played only for a short time as a starter in Gala, but then again, she went to sit on the bench in Eczacibasi.

Also, It's Gozde's personal and own decision to be a sub player, win cups with big teams, and earn good money. I don't think she would be any better even if she played as a starter somewhere

• I understand everybody's frustration with Gozde being invited to the NT, but listeeen.. we've also seen Guldeniz in NT for so long, and she has always been a sub in Vakif. Yes she played only for a short time as a starter in Gala, but then again, she went to sit on the bench in Eczacibasi.

Also, It's Gozde's personal and own decision to be a sub player, win cups with big teams, and earn good money. I don't think she would be any better even if she played as a starter somewhere

Guldeniz made difference whenever she came in when she played for Vakifbank. Gozde has never made such difference, in fact she made her team lost many times. Even if Guldeniz was called now, I wouldn’t object.

I didn’t mind that much when Derya went to Japan last summer simply because she was young. I want that kind of a thing instead of spending time with this kind of useless players. It was tried with them and it didn’t work. I was a big supporter of Gozde when she player a big role when Eczacibasi won CL and WCCH. When she went to Busto, I was so excited. But she got lost after that. She is invited now simply because she will play for Gio’s club team next season. It is not the first time he is taking advantage of his position.

• another interview with giovanni guidetti for my twitter @voleiturquia

1- What is the message after this club season?

was a very difficult season for Vakifbank but I am really proud of my team ! In a big change season we were able to take 2 gold and 1 bronze medal !

the Italian teams won all the championships played in cev. What happened to the Turkish teams this season?

gio: the Italian league all the team play all matches with 4 foreigners in the court and 2-3 foreigners in the bench ... in turkey just 3+1 that means that the starting six of European cups play very few matches together !!! 3+1 don’t help the Turkish club and don’t help the national team because every Sunday 72 Turkish players are sitting in the bench

2- What are the objectives for the selection season?

gio: European championship and Olympic qualification are 2 main goal !

3- When will we see Naz again in the selection?

gio: she started to train already ! After July

4This year we have numerous tournaments. who will play montreoux and who will play the league of nations?

gio: I will alternate 18 players that I choose from the 25 big list for montreux and von

5 names like derya cebecioglu, tugba, saliha, merve atilier were out of selection. Could you give a reason?

gio: first they have to show them self goood in the league , after they will deserve national team

Turkey did very well in the league of nations, but it was bad in the world championship. what happened?

gio: vnl no expectations ... World championship Big expectations and for a young group big expectations and never good

hande played in opposite and ebrar played as wing-spiker in the club some matches, will you keep them or will they play in your starting position?

gio: hande and Ebrar are 1 very good attackers that can play both , diagonal or position 4 , let’s see what will be the best for the team

Do you still believe that many players need to come out of the backup of great teams?

gio: yes but because of 3+1 the big club need good Turkish in the bench !

• Turkish Roster for VNL week 1:

S: Cansu Özbay, Ezgi Dilik

OPP: Meryem Boz (C), Ebrar Karakurt

OH: Meliha İsmailoğlu, Şeyma Ercan, Hande Baladın, Fatma Yıldırım

MB: Zehra Güneş, Kübra Akman, Aslı Kalaç, Yasemin Güveli

Libero: Aylin Sarıoğlu, Şebnem Simge Aköz

Eda Erdem won't join (likely no VNL at all) so the captain is Meryem Boz. I know I had some critique on Aylin on Montreux day 1 however I think she did a fairly amazing job on all other matches both in reception and defense and she signed with Fenerbahçe. With that said, it seems Gio noticed too and cut Gizem Örge.

• I feel like Gio is making the same mistake as he did last year as if VNL is the main tournament this summer. I know he is trying to give these girls experience but why does he start with Zehra, Kubra and Cansu all the time? Why Yasemin haven’t found a chance yet? I know she played a half set against Japan and she had 2 blocks directly but she was changed immediately when she made a mistake? We have been watching Kubra making crazy stupid mistakes all those years and she still gets to play but another player does not? I wonder what is that? Meliha has been playing pretty bad and she still gets to play, no matter what. Ezgi started as main setter against Thailand and I was surprised but then we saw Cansu was injured, then it made all sense. That was why Ezgi started.

I don’t know, last year we had a lot of hopes from these girls, especially after their good VNL performance but they failed badly and Gio was the biggest reason as he planned it wrong.

• Hande had small surgery, get well soon :heart:

• I'm curious if the new mayor of Istanbul and the new party affiliation there will have any impact on the budgets of the Istanbul based Club volleyball teams?

I expect the budget of Beylikdüzü to increase, which will play in Challenge cup. They made only a few transfers so I assume they were waiting for the results of the elections

• I haven't heard any transfer from them yet. Did I miss it?

I think Ekrem Imamoglu is still not officially mayor, it was tomorrow I think? I'm sure in the next couple weeks Beylikdüzü'll announce their transfers.

• I think Ekrem Imamoglu is still not officially mayor, it was tomorrow I think? I'm sure in the next couple weeks Beylikdüzü'll announce their transfers.

Any idea about which of good foreigners didn't sign yet? I guess skowronska didn't sign with anyone, also Aleksic and Savic. Even kocic could be a good option since she is a good prospect of her generation.