Turkish NT 2019

• This still doesn't change that fact that She is annoying and super rude on the court.

She can be the best but She needs at least not to be rude...

• This still doesn't change that fact that She is annoying and super rude on the court.

She can be the best but She needs at least not to bu rude...

Are you sure you watched her recent matches?Her attitude significantly changed this year. I will admit she is a difficult person but she is so young. It is a learning process for her, this also includes learning acceptable attitude on the court . I can't understand why some fans are so stubborn not to give her a second chance?

• I appreciate the sentiment, but ...

I've been thinking about her these days. I'm one of these 'feels' guys and I hated her for her shenanigans. I don't know about that red card thing, nor do I watch much Turkish Club matches, and I certainly don't follow contract negotiations and whatnot. I've been shown a few highlights here and there, the titty wiggle thing and the ball kick (was that the red card thing?).

So mostly just based on a couple years of watching her NT performances, and I watched a handful of Club matches this past season, I simply didn't think her skills matched her attitude. And the important thing about her attitude for me is the pouting part. She's got a BIG personality and it spills out onto other people. As far as I'm concerned, if she wants to rise up, be a top player, she's got to eliminate the negativity from her game -- and I do think she is getting there. That's why I'm coming around for her.

What are her "skills"?

• Great serve
    • Is tall and hits the ball hard

She's terrible at covering herself when she gets blocked because her whole "kill the ball" thing is raw and uncontrolled.

Her reception isn't that good at this point. Give her a break for age? Okay, I dunno

Floor defense? Nothing special.

Blocking? For 196cm she could be better. A lot better.

Anyway, what I've been thinking about lately is her tipping. Like I've said, I'm limited in my viewing of her but it sure seems like she was trying a lot more tips in this tournament than I've seen from her. And mostly she sucked at it. I wrote about that moment where she made a good one and did a little koochy koo with Gui over it. But I also wrote that as far as I was concerned Turkey lost their recent match against ... uhm ... I forget now LOL, but Turkey were playing well, started to fumble a bit and Ebrar boinked an easy tip (not a strategic one), and this giant blob of negative ick oozed all over the floor on Turkey's side of the court. Match over.

What I want to know is: Has Gui actually showed Ebrar how to tip, and made her practice 10,000 tips or has he just called her stupid for not being better at it and using it more? I really do wonder about that with regards to Gui as a coach.

That's what skill is about. Getting better at what you aren't great at. Ebrar needs dance lessons and needs to learn how to tip. She's part of the crowd that sends defenders deep, so tipping is essential to elevating her game. She totally sucks at it now.

Maybe there's more negative than positive here in what I've written, but it takes a lot to win me over from a pouter. I'm working on it :drink:

• Ebrar is awesome, not only she`s a great player but she`s fun to watch and i love her "bad" attitude. I don`t know why volleyball fans are so against with players bringing that extra spark on to the court, while in other sports that is one of the things that fans love the most. Everyone acting nice and the same is boring. Give me more of that bad girl. It will be really sad to watch her benching her Haak next season. Hopefully one of them can play OH.

Turkey not winning a medal must have been very disappointing for them since they played every week with the same lineup pretty much, now we gotta wait and see if this was part of Giudetti`s plan for the Olympic Qualifier if they manage to beat China.

• I appreciate the sentiment, but ...

I honestly don`t think her attitude when things are not going well will be a problem. This is how a lot of European act. Just look at the Serbians and Russia when they were good. Gamova never looked happy or smiled. Even the Brazilians look angry when things are not going their way.

I personally don`t like when a team is loosing but everyone keeps smiling and pretending nothing is happening. This is how Japanese players are, and with that attitude it makes me wonder if they really care of they want to push it harder. But I know deep inside they care and that "smile" is just a act because that`s how their team do it. Just like when a player acts super angry or annoyed it does not means that`s how they truly feel, it is more like a "act", Mihajlovic is a good example of that.

Ebrar is not Boskovic or Egonu, but I believe she will keep improving every season and she will be one of the best. ( of course she won`t ever get there if she keeps benching season after season).

• I will admit she is a difficult person but she is so young

She's older than Elena Pietrini. It's baked in.

Don't take this like I'm arguing with you, I'm trying to support you (at least a little), but it's a heavy lift, man :rolll:

• Everybody wants to compare her to Egonu and Boskovic ,that is why she looks not so good (!).

For me the difference between Bosko and Ebrar is; Boskovic was physically ready to compete at the highest level since day one.

Ebrar is physically still maturing. Right now , she is physically weak for her position. Even her posture is problematic.

We are talking about a player , who hasn't played in her original position five matches in a row in her professional career.

Ebrar needs time. I think physically and hopefully mentally she will mature around age 21-22.

Yes Ebrar is older than Pietrini but only two months (January 2000/March 2000):whistle: Pietrini is the one who refuses to wear knee pads, because without them her legs will look better

• Ebrar is awesome, not only she`s a great player but she`s fun to watch and i love her "bad" attitude. I don`t know why volleyball fans are so against with players bringing that extra spark on to the court, while in other sports that is one of the things that fans love the most. Everyone acting nice and the same is boring. Give me more of that bad girl. It will be really sad to watch her benching her Haak next season. Hopefully one of them can play OH.

Turkey not winning a medal must have been very disappointing for them since they played every week with the same lineup pretty much, now we gotta wait and see if this was part of Giudetti`s plan for the Olympic Qualifier if they manage to beat China.

I'm not against 'extra spark', actually I love when players are passionate, and sometimes do provoke their opposition in a cute way.. but Ebrar is straight up rude. However she's really young, a teenager, so she'll learn. Grown a$$ women who do that should be ashamed and judged

• Ebrar is way better at what she does then Pietrini for now, Pietrini's entire game is super shaky while Ebrar already gets 30+ points a match, Pietrini is not a starter for her NT and Ebrar is also.

• I would not compare Pietrini vs Ebrar because they are playing in different positions, of course Ebrar has played some OH, but that`s not enough. Just like comparing Boskovic vs Zhu it is not fair. I prefer comparing Zhu vs Kim and Boskovic vc Egonu.....I would actually compare Pietrini vs Hande.

• This is how a lot of European act

I get that. I also concede that anger and frustration motivate some people. I tried to make my post re: Ebrar more about skills than attitude but I think I failed.

Here's what's really on my mind. I've seen Gui do this/have this impact on a match a number of times: He will throw a fit because his team loses a point. Concrete example: Akoz will sneak in for block coverage and the ball will go over her head. Gui: "WTF? What are you doing? WTF?" Next play Akoz hangs back a little because Gui Gui'd, and she misses a short one. I think that's what's happening with Ebrar and tips. And it's why I think bitching about everything is not only useless and wrong, it's counter-productive.

It may be inaccurate of me to think the reason Japanese coaches don't bitch and whine at their players is because they believe that their players are good enough, and have been taught well enough, to make decisions and sometimes they will be wrong. But it's what I think.

I've got nothing against fist pumping, lion roars, and testosterone bombs. I prefer outbursts of joy, but whatever. Passion has many forms of expression. Discipline, though.

I agree with scarpetta 's original thoughts that Ebrar is growing up/changing/getting better. But like I say, it's a heavy lift

• I would not compare Pietrini vs Ebrar

My point of bringing that up was to point out that being a dick or not, what your attitude on court is like, has nothing to do with being young.

Without 'Afronte' and the drama and bitchiness volleyball wouldn't be as popular as it is trust me. Most people here even enjoy it but don't admit it. They either love it, or love to hate it which is why they keep talking about it so much. Like for example I saw a couple of people liked multiple comments about Ebrar being super rude after she yelled and fist bumped to the other side. But I am sure I remember some of those were the same people that were liking comments about: how amazing and epic the drama was when De Kruijf continuously was screaming right at her opponents face in Italian league :lol:

Ebrar also doesn't have that 'pretty lil femme girl' look which gives immediate free passes to other players (I remember Goncharova was screaming at a 17 yr old Hande's face really scarily and ppl cheering it on for example) and as a lesbian is very masculine. When you play in such a feminine environment such attitude will always get you backlash its normal.

• I'm dead, you're exaggerating too much, this is not a Cinderella situation, you talk like the odds are all against her:gone: :aww:

If you're reading Turkish forums, it was :wavy:

https://evoleybol.com/2017/08/…liyor-hasan-ugur-epirden/ There was much discussion about her in volleyball sites ,forums

For me Vakifbank and federations Haak and Melissa Vargas choices are very important for her career.

Bringing Haak and Vargas means I don't trust you. There is no other explanation.

• Come on People! Refute my Ebrar skill set or stop telling me she's a "good" player.

• My point of bringing that up was to point out that being a dick or not, what your attitude on court is like, has nothing to do with being young.

not everyone matures the same way and at the same time, at the end of the day. They are both young-adults/teenagers and surely still need to learn a lot in life. For Ebrar this might be controlling her emotions and attitude on court, maybe for Pietrini this is something else like she needs to learn how to spend her finances correctly f.e. We can't expect teenagers to be the best versions of themselves in either way. Even when I look back at my teenage years, I changed so much...

+Ebrars attitude is only on court what I hear, she is pretty amazing person outside. Many pro athletes say one of their lethal weapons is being a different person/warrior on court. I don't think she needs to surpress that because to some it doesnt look pretty. Bring it to a safe and non-offensive place and rock on forever.

• Come on People! Refute my Ebrar skill set or stop telling me she's a "good" player.

And keep in mind that really good players make those around them better.

And they know how and when to tip (Brankica, I'm looking at you :rose:

• Gui does that all the time. I hope that won`t have a negative impact on Ebrar.

This is my concern. Does Gui really know how to coach someone like her? I know he has a reputation for blooming flowers, but I still wonder. He doesn't need to help her with her passion.