Turkish NT 2019

• Not just Egonu and Sylla. Each youth selection new ethnically Nigerian girls come out. (That are being censored out in newspapers btw after being MVP of the country)

Fahr: German

Malinov: Bulgarian

It is really endless there.

that's a silly comment. they were all born in italy, so tell me, what country should they represent?

spyro simply brought up that TUR, like AZE, QAT and BRN, naturalizes TONS of foreign athletes (although TUR seems to do mostly in track&field/athletics, whereas the other countries buy them wholesale for all sports).

• that's a silly comment. they were all born in italy, so tell me, what country should they represent?

spyro simply brought up that TUR, like AZE, QAT and BRN, naturalizes TONS of foreign athletes (although TUR seems to do mostly in track&field/athletics, whereas the other countries buy them wholesale for all sports).

That means nothing: in Italy there's not the ius soli, but the ius sanguinis.

• spyro simply brought up that TUR, like AZE, QAT and BRN, naturalizes TONS of foreign athletes (although TUR seems to do mostly in track&field/athletics, whereas the other countries buy them wholesale for all sports).

I have to say I was off-topic since it's a different argument ,but I was just thinking about sport in Africa because this was discussed in the other thread, and I don't regret it tbh

• i already included that personally that is not my opinion, read my entire post. My whole point is that there will always a way that some people whether its from outside the country or inside (which is ofc worse) don't consider certain citizens locals based on many things which in 2019 we should drop that entire way of thinking imo.

Btw I'm not against naturalization, once again a large chunk of people are being hypocritical here, supporting African participation but against Africans actually having the opportunity to make it big. in the end of the day many talented sportsmen and women from Africa thanks to this get the chance they wouldn't have gotten in a million years and many arrive also from ages 10-13 so they are results of Turkish trainings anyway... Elvan Abeylegesse for example one of the first naturalized Turkish-Ethiopian players, was always super greatful and emotional when talking about the opportunity the Turkish fed. gave her and how it changed her life forever moving to Turkey and how in Ethiopia she would never have made it big, the federation didnt even support her. In a sport like athletics which is so individual I think the most important thing is individual talent anyways regardless of where someone is from, just like nationality doesn't really matter in Tennis either.

Turkey is not to compare with countries like QAT, AZE, Israel etc. who have 99% naturalised players usually lol. In Turkey the vast majority is locals always.

• That means nothing: in Italy there's not the ius soli, but the ius sanguinis.

see I didn't want to make it political but its out of this world how some people want to close their eyes to literally everything when making statements here. It's a fact that people like Sylla and Egonu are being called foreigners (in some kind of term) by law even in Italy so... :gone: probably a western 'foreigner' like Fahr for example even gets a different term than them. I knew this because it was the same in the Netherlands for some years and the first generation were definitely called these names by locals which indeed made them feel like 'foreigners', luckily in Netherlands they changed this law to avoid discrimination. Italy hopefully does the same in the future and also does the social switch, but untill then, sugar-coating is not something that is going to make changes...

• There isnt any official statement from federation about Meliha issue :down: I am pretty sure she wont play in ECH and our dumbass federation cant solve the problem, that is why they dont make any statement.

• btw even though I love Cansu Özbay, I have to agree with some of you here. She can be so shaky and unreliable at times, particularly crucial times. Seeing Naz was truly a sign of relief.

• I'm not so hopeless on the team at all :drink:

I believe in Europe; Serbia and Italy currently are on a whole other level. Also Netherlands I can add to this list if they find their true form back. But we can challenge most other teams imo and it takes a good crowd + 1 bad day for these top teams and who knows :D

1 sure thing; there will be many good teams and great competition. It will be a fun Ech!

• I indeed have hopes with the team if Naz would be the starter. This team has potential but they need an experienced setter like Naz for clutch points. We have lost so many sets and match because of the wrong player choice of Cansu at those points. Also her lack of blocking is a big hole in the defense system. Naz has been playing on very high level volleyball as starter since she was 15 years old, I'm sure she will get back in top shape earlier than regular players.

By the way, I like that our federation is doing her best to commercialize this tournament (although I'm not fan of this stupid #dogandavar slogan). This might be another jump in Turkish volleyball since 2003 when we got the silver.

• I've always liked Naz and will continue do to so.. but you guys... she's getting back from s maternity leave, hasn't seen played a single game in more than a year. Even when she was playing, she was benched by Cansu. Her last performance was far from the creative Naz we all know. I'm not saying she won't be a great addition to the team, because she will.. or that she won't help her team, because she will.. but saying she should be starter right off the bat is on overstatement. Yes Cansu can get nervous, and do harm to her team in key moments, but I don't think she should be benched because Naz is back. All I can say is they can compliment each other really well, and I hope they work together to help Turkey win

• Cansu is a great setter, it's just been too much pressure for her the last year I think all of a sudden. Cansu-Naz duo should do great :)

• I've always liked Naz and will continue do to so.. but you guys... she's getting back from s maternity leave, hasn't seen played a single game in more than a year. Even when she was playing, she was benched by Cansu. Her last performance was far from the creative Naz we all know. I'm not saying she won't be a great addition to the team, because she will.. or that she won't help her team, because she will.. but saying she should be starter right off the bat is on overstatement. Yes Cansu can get nervous, and do harm to her team in key moments, but I don't think she should be benched because Naz is back. All I can say is they can compliment each other really well, and I hope they work together to help Turkey win

Today’s match,Naz prove that she is back and she did a really great job,she proves that she can help the team

• Today’s match,Naz prove that she is back and she did a really great job,she proves that she can help the team

I've always liked Naz and will continue do to so.. but you guys... she's getting back from s maternity leave, hasn't seen played a single game in more than a year. Even when she was playing, she was benched by Cansu. Her last performance was far from the creative Naz we all know. I'm not saying she won't be a great addition to the team, because she will.. or that she won't help her team, because she will.. but saying she should be starter right off the bat is on overstatement. Yes Cansu can get nervous, and do harm to her team in key moments, but I don't think she should be benched because Naz is back. All I can say is they can compliment each other really well, and I hope they work together to help Turkey win

Her last performance was bad because she was pregnant 4 month.......

• Today’s match,Naz prove that she is back and she did a really great job,she proves that she can help the team

I agree. In fact, I was also surprised how much of an impact she made, but the difference between her and Cansu was very striking. Cansu is a decent player most of the time, but Naz simply has a different level, even after such a break.

• By the way, I like that our federation is doing her best to commercialize this tournament (although I'm not fan of this stupid #dogandavar slogan).

gurl, Guidetti can't relate XD

I also like the promotion Turkish NT gets, gives me 2003-2012 golden Turkish era vibes again :love: haven't gotten that atmosphere from Turkish TV and TVF for the women's volleyball team in 6 years now