2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• With the Netherlands and Poland hosting in 2022, here is a quick breakdown of the 24 team editions of the Women's World Championships from 1998-2018.

?thumbnail=1

I think that it will breakdown the following way for number of teams in 2022.

Africa 2

Asia 5

Europe 7+2 (hosts)

NORCECA 6

South America 2

• So We can expect more European teams at WCH !!! :D

Good news for volleyball.

It would be even better to give Europe 9teams, and 5 to NORCECA.

• So We can expect more European teams at WCH !!! :D

Good news for volleyball.

It would be even better to give Europe 9teams, and 5 to NORCECA.

Yes, last year we had 8 teams from Europe. I expect at least 10 (like in 2014, when Italy was host, and Russia was defending champion) in 2022. Serbia should get a spot as last WCH champion and Poland, Netherlands as hosts. Let's wait for FIVB decision but I guess Europe will get 10 or even 11 spots.

• Is is interpreting too much to guess, that the most important matches (i.e. the medal matches) will be carried out in Netherlands, because they were mentioned before Poland by FIVB?

• NORCECA receiving more spots than Asia is a bad joke.

To me, they're just about equal in terms of depth and I really see no reason why North America would have not just one, but two berths more than Asia.

Let's see: Asia has China, Japan, South Korea and Thailand as top teams. NORCECA has USA, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. OK, Mexico has shown some progress lately. The rest is really far behind. Cuban volleyball seems to be dying, it's debatable if they're even going to have a team in four years. Who else is there? Canada, Trinidad and Tobago? I don't think they're any better than Kazakhstan (the 5th best Asian team).

So IMO, both confederations should get 5 spots.

• Is is interpreting too much to guess, that the most important matches (i.e. the medal matches) will be carried out in Netherlands, because they were mentioned before Poland by FIVB?

According to the source below the group stage, third place match and the final will be held in a football stadium in Arnhem (Netherlands). The second round will be played in Ahoy Rotterdam (Netherlands), in Düsseldorf (Germany) and in Poland. The semi finals will be held in Apeldoorn (Netherlands).

https://www.gelderlander.nl/ov…hemse-gelredome~ad533cb6/

• Yes apparently there are also some matches in Germany. But Düsseldorf is close to the Dutch border so that makes a bit sense.

• With my ranking system based on set wins, points ratio, region strength in international matches (Word Champs, VNL, World Cup, Olymipcs), NORCECA va. Asia goes as follows.

Results over a four year period.

USA 3

China 5 within 1 win of USA

Japan 7

S Korea 13

Thailand 14

Dominican Republic 15

Puerto Rico 17

Canada 25

Kazakhstan 26

Mexico 31

Trinidad & Tobago 38

Cuba 39

So the top 4 for Asia-NORCECA would stop at Thailand and Canada. Anything past Canad will probably we 5th-6th in any pool in 2022

• I don't think so.

It's a good question, though. Why not pre-qualify three Euro teams? They are all hosting. It's not like Germany can say "Bring your own beer, we aren't officially hosting"