2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Another thing that no one has mentioned yet.

Ze Roberto is always so vocal off court when the point is in play and is like the 7th player on court. I don’t speak portugese but feel like his comments are making a huge impact and the girls are executing very well!

• Another thing that no one has mentioned yet.

Ze Roberto is always so vocal off court when the point is in play and is like the 7th player on court. I don’t speak portugese but feel like his comments are making a huge impact and the girls are executing very well!

I think somenone said once that depending in the match or on the part of the set it's actually irritating and might confuse the players.

• What is higher high of Egonu than Boskovic hitting with 60% and only 6 errors in WCH SF? Egonu is fantastic but she doesn’t get better than this. I would say they have similar high level and Boskovic low level is better than Egonu low level. I have never seen Bosko hitting 16 errors in an important match.

Egonu single handedly took her team to CL titles (while she was playing in Novara) whereas Boskovic never could (many years in Eczacıbaşı but she couldn't bring her team to a gold medal).

Nothing to discredit Boskovic but she was stopped by Vakifbank many times. But when Egonu is in beast mode, there's no team to stop her, except herself, turning into Erronu. That's why I said Egonu's high is higher than Boskovic.

Boskovic is obviously more consistent one. By the way, comparing them based on this tournament particularly is not really fair. Boskovic played with Drca who is by far the best setter of this tournament while Egonu had to hit terrible sets by Orro or Malinov🤦

I'm a big fan of Boskovic too, I'll definitely be cheering for her in the final. so my point is not that Egonu is better than Boskovic. But I don't think also Boskovic is CLEARLY way better than Egonu as some users claimed earlier.

• Who said otherwise anyways?

And your best players are playing abroad :whistle:

it’s been like anytime someone is playing good almost EVERYONE here says that they should to go Italy and Turkey but once again I’m glad that we are GOING TO THE FINAL with 10 players coming from our league.

Most of the time they’re playing abroad is moneywise.

Anyway, I just wanted to express that. Thanks Sidney

• What happened to referees Susana Rodriguez and Patricia Rolf? They used to be at every major tournament

We need them back for the final

Suzanne Rodriguez has retired in 2021 after eurovolley-men. She was a great referee 👏👏

• successfully? No lol USA did it in 2018, right?

I just remembered the US had KRob as libero in 2018. What kinda drug KK was using? lol

• I was scared when knowing Julia Bergmann wont play. Turned out Brazil is prepared well. Thank you Pri Daroit for all you did so far. Now let Rosamaria continue.

Damn. Ze Roberto really is an amazing coach. Has any team rotate 3 Opposite hitters in one competition? 😂

Zhang Changning, Yang Fangxu, Gong Xiangyu all played opposite (not at the same time) in Rio

• Well Santarelli is coaching the ex World Champions and OG medalists. So many top clubs indeed have Italians right, a bit of a positive discrimination I'd say in this case. Too many Italian coaches are given the role whether they are good or not, look at Barbollini screwing teams up for years without anyone being bothered vs other coaches being cut out the chance of playing any top club after 1 failed season. It feels like they have created an institutional monopoly on the role. Enough proof that says otherwise works as well like Lang Ping, Karch (yep sorry but he won gold) Sriwatcharamethakul. Not saying we should forget about Italian coaches but afaik none of the major tournaments aka OG and Wch have been won by Italian coaches in recent times, so that says we don't need to be stuck on them either imo.

Just going back for a bit and it could be much longer

OG not Italian: 2020, 2016, 2012, 2008 (thats where i stopped)
    Wch not Italian: 2018, 2014, 2010 (stopped)

• it’s been like anytime someone is playing good almost EVERYONE here says that they should to go Italy and Turkey but once again I’m glad that we are GOING TO THE FINAL with 10 players coming from our league.

Most of the time they’re playing abroad is moneywise.

Anyway, I just wanted to express that. Thanks Sidney

That makes sense of course because those leagues don't have only 10 good players but most of the best players in the world are playing in these two leagues. It is like seeing a Basketball player playing great and saying that he should play in NBA. This doesn't discredit other leagues but It just indicates this player deserves to play in best league. Indeed Carol did play in turkey before transferring to Praia and she did a great job!

• CONGRTS BRAZIL BTW <3<3<3 I watched it with my mom and she stanned Brazil so hard that I stanned Brazil as well :heart: her faves in the semis were Brazil and Serbia and they both ended up winning, let's see who she picks for the final :D

• Well Santarelli is coaching the ex World Champions and OG medalists. So many top clubs indeed have Italians right, a bit of a positive discrimination I'd say in this case. Too many Italian coaches are given the role whether they are good or not, look at Barbollini screwing teams up for years without anyone being bothered vs other coaches being cut out the chance of playing any top club after 1 failed season. It feels like they have created an institutional monopoly on the role. Enough proof that says otherwise works as well like Lang Ping, Karch (yep sorry but he won gold) Sriwatcharamethakul. Not saying we should forget about Italian coaches but afaik none of the major tournaments aka OG and Wch have been won by Italian coaches in recent times, so that says we don't need to be stuck on them either imo.

Just going back for a bit and it could be much longer

OG not Italian: 2020, 2016, 2012, 2008 (thats where i stopped)
    Wch not Italian: 2018, 2014, 2010 (stopped)

I would like to asterisk Jordan Larson won gold. Karch absolutely did not