2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• German NT should easily qualify for WCh and if it's true with Düsseldorf, this is just a mick (not enough big halls at that tournament stage in Netherlands?).

• Some games will be played at Arnhem Stadium. According to this arricle there will be 3 courts. That probably means 3 games at the same time 😁

https://www.przegladsportowy.p…polsce-i-holandii/s16r5ql

Poland will play two games of the first stage in Netherlands and then move to Poland.

Also two more countries might host 2022 WCH. One of them is Germany and the city of Dusseldorf.

• German NT should easily qualify for WCh and if it's true with Düsseldorf, this is just a mick (not enough big halls at that tournament stage in Netherlands?).

The sports halls in the Netherlands are certainly not big enough to play a WCH. So the matches that are played in the Netherlands are already played in a football stadium, an event hall and in a track cycling stadium.

• Maybe Netherlands-Germany would have been a better hosting duo. I'm not sure how the matches will be scheduled but tbh I can't even imagine travelling from Netherlands to Poland all the time is an option whatsoever unless people want to pay for flight tickets or want to spend days on buses. Arnhem, so Netherlands probably wants to focus on Eastern Dutch locations which makes sense since its closer to Poland (and Düsseldorf) still not really close though and more then anything I think Western Netherlands has better halls and more options. I just hope they can make it work XD I was already not a fan of Italy/Bulgaria hosting duo and they are located fairly close through sea.

I understand though Poland probably draws better crowds then Germany and Poland is well known good host in volleyball, so are the Dutch. Still though lets see how this unfolds :lol:

• Press conference was already planned in December to announce NL as host but got postponed because China still tried to grab it last minute.

From newspaper:

Poule matches are in Arnhem Gelrdedome

Second round in Rotterdam Ahoy, Poland, and Dusseldorf

Semifinal in Apeldoorn Omnisport

Final in Arnhem Gelredome

• Wait, I don't get it. So, the entire first round with four pools (presumably) will be played in the same venue, but the second round, with two pools (again, presumably) is played out over THREE countries? Dafuq? How does it even begin to make sense? I assume one pool in the second round will be played in Rotterdam and Dusseldorf and the other one should be held in two Polish cities to even things out. I don't think it's very practical, though.

And what if Poland doesn't qualify for the 2nd round? It's very unlikely, but still. It would be a huge blow for the tournament. The same goes for Germany.

Also, there's talk of YET ANOTHER host? This has the potential to turn into a mess of epic proportions.

• FIVB is trying a bang for the dollar approach. If you have four venues you have to pay four times to rent them.

If you can put multiple matches at one time, the venue is full and gives a different feel.

Ok, I really have no idea why they are doing this.

• Let's wait for the final decisions. At this point there is a project and they say that it something unique whatever it means. I think that it has to be something good if the FIVB decided to not give it to China. For sure Netherlands and Poland were not able to pay as much as them ;)

I read somewhere that it was the Netherlands that made a bid so the most of the tournament will be there. However they wanted a help from other european country and that is why Poland is a co-host. I think it is because of the fans and also know-how how to do a big volleyball events (WCH 2014). At this point only Netherlands and Poland are for sure the hosts, however they will try to engage Dusseldorf which is candidate to organize OG 2036 and by doing so they want to promote volleyball in Europe giving the chance to more nations to see some big volleyball event.

It is also said that the formula should be the same as in 2018. So I don't know how they want to do second round in 3 countries... Maybe they are talking about 2nd and 3rd round. For instance one 3rd round pool and only 3 matches in Dusseldorf (closer than Poland and the reason why they are not the "hosts"), the other pool in Netherlands and then semifinals in Apeldoorn and finals in Arnhem.

This is how I see it:

1st round: 4 groups: opening matches of all 4 groups in Arnhem (I believe 3 pools in the stadium and 1 pool in the hall) and after that polish group will proceed in Poland. The rest will stay in Arnhem or another dutch city.

2nd round: Rotterdam and Poland

3rd round: Apeldoorn and Dusseldorf (?)

Semifinals: Apeldoorn

Finals: Arnhem

• If they switch the 3rd Round to 8 teams instead of 6, then I can see the reasoning for second city. You play 2 matches a day in 2 venues.

But with 6 teams, you only play 2 matches a day.

The thing about helping a bid for an Olympics in 2036, is just ridiculous. Hell cities are not wanting to bid for them now, especially the Winter Games. So you are saying that you are trying to help a bid 14 years out? I have a purchased a house in space as well at this time.:rolll:

• If they switch the 3rd Round to 8 teams instead of 6, then I can see the reasoning for second city. You play 2 matches a day in 2 venues.

But with 6 teams, you only play 2 matches a day.

The thing about helping a bid for an Olympics in 2036, is just ridiculous. Hell cities are not wanting to bid for them now, especially the Winter Games. So you are saying that you are trying to help a bid 14 years out? I have a purchased a house in space as well at this time.:rolll:

But it doesn't matter the number of matches per day in the same venue, what they want is to engage as many fans and european countries as possible. That's also the reason that each team will residue in one of the cities nearby Arnhem and the inhibitants will serve as a supporters of this team in order to avoid situation of empty venues when the host team isn't playing.

I don't think it is about helping with the bid. 2036 is so far away even in 2022 ;) I believe that this is only excuse and they think that if they want to organize OG then maybe they will be interested in helping with the volleyball WCH. I don't know. For me there is no need for another countries to participate in this. Let's wait how it will end. For now Netherlands and Poland are the only one organizers.

• I like having more than 1 host.

But this is what I would do.

Cancel VNL.. And then use VNL's format to the WCH. Don't need to have everyone facing each other since there's 24 teams. But each team would face 12 different teams once in the preliminary round.

This way we would have full arenas instead of playing with empty arenas.

And then one of the teams qualified for the finals is chosen are the Finals Host.

All the prize money from VNL goes into the WCH.

• FIVB says "Thank you, next."

• It is true that the VNL format is both better and more enjoyable then a top tournament like Wch but FIVB is FIVB and this is impossible case

• There has never been a sold out World Champs. You cannot find enough people to fill the arena.

Splitting this in two is just crazy. you are going to teams to play 11 matches before even getting to a quarterfinals or third round. Right now in the current format, 12-13 games total.

There will be too many meaningless matches with two 12 team pools.

• it absolutely makes no sense for host POL to not have any first round matches at home. what's the point of hosting then?

They will have.

The details are not known yes but as I wrote yesterday. Poland will play 2 games in the Netherlands and 3 in Poland on the first phase.