2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Can you explain me why you give USA and Brazil their spots from the ranking and not from the Continental?

Is there any rule that i’m missing?😬

Thanks

I'm not him but I can answer: USA because they failed to finish top 2 in Norceca championship (the finalists were PUR and DOM), Brazil because they have not secured yet top 2 in south american championship.

Edit: they have secured top 2 but their position as 1st or 2nd is not decided yet.

• I'm not him but I can answer: USA because they failed to finish top 2 in Norceca championship (the finalists were PUR and DOM), Brazil because they have not secured yet top 2 in south american championship (they will for sure get it in a few hours but not yet).

That is correct, Automatic Qualifiers vs. Ranking Qualifiers.

Brazil would qualify on ranking regardless of the result, as the USA would have as well, with their massive points gaps to those below them.

In this case, if Brazil did lose twice, and did not finish first or second in South America, they would still qualify from their ranking position.

• Per the CAVB Facebook 35 minutes ago, "The 2021 Women's African Nations Championship will be resumed after the great efforts done by CAVB officials and the President Mrs Bouchra Hajij with the Rwandan Ministry of Sports and the governmental officials."

FIVB has disqualified Rwanda from the tournament and the Final Standings for Pool Play will be taken at the end of the Fourth Day of Play. With Rwanda's disqualification, Morocco will finish 1st in Pool A, Nigeria 2nd. In Pool B Cameroon, 1st and Kenya, 2nd will advance to semifinals.

So the winner of Kenya vs. Morocco and Cameroon vs. Nigeria on Sunday will clinch the two spots for Africa.

• Updated from 09-19 04:15 UTC

With the results from NORCECA and South America from Saturday, here is where the list stands.

Argentina will be with a win over Chile on Sunday. Columbia will be in with a win, but if they can win a set, the drop in points will be less if they lose to Brazil.

Czech Republic and Kazakhstan are basically hoping for Columbia to lose in straight sets to Brazil, plus one Mexico loss will help as well.

Croatia is hoping for the same as Czech Republic and Kazakhstan to get into the top 22 spots.

In Norceca, Mexico needs to defeat DR to have a chance at making the top 22. Canada was pushed into the probably with a 20 point swing with one match needed.

Thailand are all but in, but a Colombia would lock them in.

At present with the updated version of qualifying (top 2 teams from each continent), host, world champions and then the top 11 teams.

Locks (regardless of finish in continental)

1. Netherlands (host, Ranking 10)

2. Poland (host, Ranking 12)

3. Brazil (Ranking 1, will finish in top 2 in South America)

4. USA (Ranking 2)

5. China (Ranking 3, 1st Place Asia per AVC)

6. Turkey (Ranking 4)

7. Serbia (Ranking 5, World Champions)

8. Italy (Ranking 6, European Champions)

9. D.R. (Ranking 7, NORCECA Champions)

10. Russia (Ranking 8 )

11. Japan (Ranking 9, 2nd Place Asia per AVC)

12. Puerto Rico (Ranking 16, NORCECA 2nd place)

13. CSV 2nd place (Argentina 21, Colombia 19, Peru 30)

14. Africa 1st place (Cameroon 24, Kenya 29, Morocco 50, Nigeria 77)

15. Africa 2nd place (Cameroon 24, Kenya 29, Morocco 50, Nigeria 77)

Probably in, Red are done playing, Blue are Still playing

16. Germany (Ranking 11, 233)

17. Belgium (Ranking 13, 230)

18. South Korea (Ranking 14, 226)

19. Bulgaria 191

20. Canada 178

Last spot of Chaos (Ranking points still moving), Red are done playing, Blue are Still playin

21. Thailand 172

22. Colombia 169 (could move to CSV 2nd)

23. Czech Republic 158

22. Argentina 157 (could move to CSV 2nd)

24. Kazakhstan 157

-----CURRENT CUT LINE (4 BERTHS TO BE DECIDED)----

25. Croatia 152

26. Cameroon 151 (could move to Africa 1st/2nd)

27. France 150

28. Mexico 150

29. Ukraine 133

30. Peru 131 (could move to CSV 2nd)
    31. Slovenia 130

32. Kenya 130 (could move to Africa 1st/2nd)

33. Cuba 124

34. Venezuela 122 (not playing in CSV)

35. Slovakia 121

36. Belarus 116

37. Algeria 116 (not playing in CAVB)

42. Egypt 110 (not playing in CAVB)

50. Morocco 94 (could move to Africa 1st/2nd)

77. Nigeria 62 (could move to Africa 1st/2n

• Updated from 09-19 14:25 UTC

With the results Kenya and Cameroon winning the African semifinals, here is where the list stands.

Argentina will be with a win over Chile on Sunday. Columbia will be in with a win, but if they can win a set, the drop in points will be less if they lose to Brazil.

Czech Republic and Kazakhstan are basically hoping for Columbia to lose in straight sets to Brazil, plus one Mexico loss will help as well.

Croatia is hoping for the same as Czech Republic and Kazakhstan to get into the top 22 spots.

In Norceca, Mexico needs to defeat DR to have a chance at making the top 22. Canada was pushed into the probably with a 20 point swing with one match needed.

Thailand are all but in, but a Colombia would lock them in.

At present with the updated version of qualifying (top 2 teams from each continent), host, world champions and then the top 11 teams.

Locks (regardless of finish in continental)

1. Netherlands (host, Ranking 10)

2. Poland (host, Ranking 12)

3. Brazil (Ranking 1, will finish in top 2 in South America)

4. USA (Ranking 2)

5. China (Ranking 3, 1st Place Asia per AVC)

6. Turkey (Ranking 4)

7. Serbia (Ranking 5, World Champions)

8. Italy (Ranking 6, European Champions)

9. D.R. (Ranking 7, NORCECA Champions)

10. Russia (Ranking 8 )

11. Japan (Ranking 9, 2nd Place Asia per AVC)

12. Puerto Rico (Ranking 16, NORCECA 2nd place)

13. CSV 2nd place (Argentina 21, Colombia 19, Peru 30)

14. Cameroon (Africa Finalist, Ranking 23)

15. Kenya (Africa Finalist, Ranking 27)

Probably in, Red are done playing, Blue are Still playing

16. Germany (Ranking 11, 233)

17. Belgium (Ranking 13, 230)

18. South Korea (Ranking 14, 226)

19. Bulgaria 191

20. Canada 178

Last spot of Chaos (Ranking points still moving), Red are done playing, Blue are Still playing

21. Thailand 172

22. Colombia 169 (could move to CSV 2nd)

23. Czech Republic 158

22. Argentina 157 (could move to CSV 2nd)

24. Kazakhstan 157

-----CURRENT CUT LINE (4 BERTHS TO BE DECIDED)----

25. Croatia 152

26. France 150

27. Mexico 150

28. Ukraine 133

29. Peru 131 (could move to CSV 2nd)

• so the final 24 teams are now can be confirmed, if there is no deny from the national associations in the future.

1. Auto qualified (3 teams):

(1) Organisors: Netherlands(WR10);Poland(WR12)

(2) Defending Champion: Serbia(WR5)

2. qualified as Continental Champion or Vice Champion (9 teams):

(1) AVC: China (WR3); Japan(WR9)

(2) NORCECA: Dominican Republic (WR7); Puerto Rico(WR17)

(3) CEV: Italy (WR6)

(4) CAVB: Cameroon (WR20);Kenya(WR28)

(5) CSV:Brazil (WR2); Colombia(WR16)

3. qualified by WR points updated on September 20, 2021 (12 teams):

USA(WR1);Turkey(WR4);Russia(WR8);Germany(WR11);Belgium(WR13);Korea(WR14);Bulgaria(WR15);Canada(WR18);Thailand(WR19);Argentina(WR21);Czech Republic(WR22);Kazakhstan(WR23)

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Edited once, last by pappi ().

• so sad for france,they were really close to go

If their federation worked with them before good cause they were talented,they could go

Cause before this season they were in 40 place i think

• so sad for france,they were really close to go

If their federation worked with them before good cause they were talented,they could go

Cause before this season they were in 40 place i think

Yes, I am sure the new WR caculation helps.

It indicates not only the periodic trendency but more detailed changes up to date.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Turkey should be in group two, because they were the best finishing team in Europe after Serbia, who had already qualified as World Champions. Serbia of course being second in Europe to Italy.

• Turkey should be in group two, because they were the best finishing team in Europe after Serbia, who had already qualified as World Champions. Serbia of course being second in Europe to Italy.

2nd best team in europe

And italy

• 2nd best team in europe

And italy

no, Serbia already qualified as the World Champions. They qualified before the Continental Championships started.

So, if Serbia won the European tournament, then 2nd and 3rd place would be the two slots for Europe.

With Serbia making in the final, the winner of the 3rd place match would get the 2nd spot from Europe, and with Turkey winning, they get in automatically. Italy got their spot by winning the semifinal.

• no, Serbia already qualified as the World Champions. They qualified before the Continental Championships started.

So, if Serbia won the European tournament, then 2nd and 3rd place would be the two slots for Europe.

With Serbia making in the final, the winner of the 3rd place match would get the 2nd spot from Europe, and with Turkey winning, they get in automatically. Italy got their spot by winning the semifinal.

I don't see it in any page but it would be stupid italy as champion not going at best european

• It's VFR, right? But why?

Volleyball Federation of Russia

It is always just competent asociation.

Like ROC for Olympic Games (Russian Olympic Committee),.....