2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Serbian final roster for WCH

s: Drca, Mirkovic

opp: Boskovic, Bjelica

oh: Lazovic, Lozo, Mihajlovic, Busa, Milenkovic

mb: Aleksic, Stevanovic, Popovic

l: Pusic, Jegdic

• Is Reesink really something special to choose her over knip?

No she is not, she is not ready for international level. Not good enough reception and too slow in defense. It's just Selinger his stubbornness:pinch:

• https://www.pptvhd36.com/sport/news/180000

Thatdao is also one of the players who can make an accurate read block. Her return is big for the Thailand team.

Since she joined before the AVCcup (August 21st), She was able to adjust her conditioning for a month. Although she has been out for two and a half months due to surgery, there is a high possibility that about 90% of her condition will return in one month.

I think Coach Danai is bringing 4 MBs (instead of 3) is because he feels that having 2 reserve OH (instead of 3) is sufficient. MBs are a big part in his combination plays, and fast attacks, but many fans thought he will bring Kaewkalaya instead of Thatdao, who we understood wasn’t 100% fit. However he must have thought long and hard about it before making this decision, although I suspect she may not be in the starting lineup in the first 1 or 2 matches.

• This is my second favorite team after Turkey, I'll be watching their game against Turkey live, can't wait for seeing such a cute team live finally. I really hope they can make it to quarter finals. Their matches against poland and Dominic republic will be decisive

The Thai team, with their fast attacks and combination plays are always fun to watch. They make up for their lack in size with their speed and agility in both attack and defence. and when they are fired up, they’re hard to beat :)

• DR with 3 libero's....?? Why whould you that? Is it to compensate Brayelin reception skills lol

Because then they can sub both Brayelin and DLC/Pena (or serve sub someone) if needed.

They don't have really any other pin that could add to Brayelin/DLC/Pena/Gaila if needed. But a receiving sub (and more than one) can be useful if needed.

• Because then they can sub both Brayelin and DLC/Pena (or serve sub someone) if needed.

They don't have really any other pin that could add to Brayelin/DLC/Pena/Gaila if needed. But a receiving sub (and more than one) can be useful if needed.

I see. Still a bit much imo considering Brenda Castillo of all people is their 1st libero

• A back UP for Brenda in case of injured and a Libero doing back court duties.

I guess its better for Dom considering só many strong OH who can play as Opp If needed

• DR with 3 libero's....?? Why whould you that? Is it to compensate Brayelin reception skills lol

I'm surprised that Eve is not in the final roster.is she injured?

• confirmation item. The reigning world champions are Serbia, and only the team that wins this tournament will be crowned world champions for the next four years.

Saying that the team wasn't serious, or that player was injured proves the team's weakness, but it's no excuse. Discussing countermeasures is useful, but this community's attempt to undermine the prestige of the world championship is bullshit. What we want to see is a hot match, something that can be made with the power of the fan base.

All you have to do is just enjoy yourself.

One more, Player to watch is Coneo Amanda. This is the member when they beat Brazil in the 2021 South American Championship. To put it simply, it's Gabi from Colombia.

• Puerto Rico is being hit/was hit by an awful hurricane.

9 of the athletes were able to leave in time to go to Europe.

5 were unable to leave yesterday/today and are still on the island (Santos and the four middles)

They are hoping to be in the Netherlands on Saturday.

6BR0xQk.png

• why were the four middles traveling together…

• I heard the situation is quite bad, there’re extensive damage to property and lost of lives and it has affected the Dominican Republic as well. I hope the hurricane passes soon and the remaining volleyball players and everyone else in Puerto Rico, DR and nearby places remain safe.....:|

• German roster:

S:

Pia Kästner (24, SSC Palmberg Schwerin), Corina Glaab (22, Schwarz-Weiß Erfurt)

OPP:

Kimberly Drewniok (25, Sariyer Belediyesi/Türkei), Saskia Hippe (31, CSO Voluntari 2005/Rumänien)

OH:

Jennifer Janiska (28, Dresdner SC), Lena Stigrot (27, Unet e-work Busto Arsizio/Italien), Hanna Orthmann (23, Türk Hava Yollari SK Istanbul/Türkei), Laura Emonts (31, SC Potsdam), Lina Alsmeier (22, SSC Palmberg Schwerin)

MB:

Camilla Weitzel (22, Reale Mutua Fenera Chieri/Italien), Marie Schölzel (25, Allianz MTV Stuttgart), Monique Strubbe (21, Dresdner SC)

Libero:

Anna Pogany (28, SSC Palmberg Schwerin), Elisa Lohmann (24, Dresdner SC)

Surprisingly (...shockingly...), Cekulaev was cut as last player. Heynen really knows how to treat talents :gone: