2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Timmerman blocking well!:box:

• Can any of our Italian users confirm whether the whole thing about Egonu being called 'monkey' by an Italian TV presenter is actually true or just a mistake in translation?

Either way seems like the presenter could've used another analogy.

:down::white:

That can't be true right :what: Using such language as someone presenting national level matches, I can't even imagine but also wouldn't be surprised at the same time

• Cameroon honestly had a lot going for them if you ask me. Lots of potential. I wish the African teams got to play Korea tbh, I feel like one of them would be able to beat them.

If only they had more international experiences

• Kenya vs Cameron will be best match of the first round. This match has far more stakes than just potentially advance to second round.

This is literally match for the Paris, if Cameron win, they are going to Paris for sure, but if Kenya manage to beat them, Kenya will close the gap in the ranking.

• Kenya vs Cameron will be best match of the first round. This match has far more stakes than just potentially advance to second round.

This is literally match for the Paris, if Cameron win, they are going to Paris for sure, but if Kenya manage to beat them, Kenya will close the gap in the ranking.

They still both have Puerto Rico, who can be a mess. (Kenya said their goal was to beat Cameroon and Puerto Rico)

This is off topic... but I'd like to see Egypt rise up in CAVB. They have a few good players in the NCAA right now (OH and a setter and like a 6'10 opposite... but she's not good lol)

• They still both have Puerto Rico, who can be a mess. (Kenya said their goal was to beat Cameroon and Puerto Rico)

This is off topic... but I'd like to see Egypt rise up in CAVB. They have a few good players in the NCAA right now (OH and a setter and like a 6'10 opposite... but she's not good lol)

I don't want to clown myself with predictions but Cameroon looks a bit better to me in this moment. I'm curious on Egypt as well long term.

• Can any of our Italian users confirm whether the whole thing about Egonu being called 'monkey' by an Italian TV presenter is actually true or just a mistake in translation?

Either way seems like the presenter could've used another analogy.

The presenter didn't mean to actually call her "monkey" but she did, I just saw a small clip so not sure of the full context but basically the guy before her said "Italy will have to shake of these two monkeys" (monkey in this context was figuratively meant as burdens/potential issues) and she said "You talked about two monkeys, I think there's going to be a third, Egonu" I guess meaning her performance is going to be the key for the tournament. It wasn't meant as a racist insult but she should have known better than keep using that analogy instead of saying something else

• i just want to complain again about how dumb this schedule is.

lets schedule two matches at the same time (ARG/CHN, JPN/COL).... and then having a giant gap between Netherlands-Cameroon and Germany-Bulgaria

smh

more complaining about schedules.

why are some teams getting one/two days (depending on how you want to say it) off between games... while others are having to play back to back?

What did Canada do (well... Winzer deserves it maybe lol) to play Serbia on Sunday and USA on Monday?

• They still both have Puerto Rico, who can be a mess. (Kenya said their goal was to beat Cameroon and Puerto Rico)

OFF...

I think setter and OH played at Mediterranean games. They finished 6th, Serbia u21 eliminated them in 1/4. But this don't need to mean they are far from Cameron and Kenya, coz Serbia u21 beat senior team of Croatia too. But i guess no Paris for them for sure.

• The presenter didn't mean to actually call her "monkey" but she did, I just saw a small clip so not sure of the full context but basically the guy before her said "Italy will have to shake of these two monkeys" (monkey in this context was figuratively meant as burdens/potential issues) and she said "You talked about two monkeys, I think there's going to be a third, Egonu" I guess meaning her performance is going to be the key for the tournament. It wasn't meant as a racist insult but she should have known better than keep using that analogy instead of saying something else

Uff, talk about stepping into it. Honestly, a lot of TV figures could use additional classes of media literacy.

• more complaining about schedules.

why are some teams getting one/two days (depending on how you want to say it) off between games... while others are having to play back to back?

What did Canada do (well... Winzer deserves it maybe lol) to play Serbia on Sunday and USA on Monday?

well, canada is probably going 0-6 anyways no matter how much time you put between those two matches

• more complaining about schedules.

It must be her lol

And when I checked when the next match of Thailand will be, I was shocked to find that they will have a 3-day(!!) break after their first match against Turkey. They just played one match in the Netherlands then will fly to Poland and play their second match against Poland on 27/9 night. Right after that they will have another match against Croatia at 1400 of 28/9 , that leaving them just around 12 hrs to rest between those 2 matches. What kind of schedule it is!?

I think rising of Egypt will take a few years more but at least they are coming steadily.