2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• It seems to me, since Brankica is paired with Busa who seems undoubtedly in Santarelli's mind as a bench player, that Brankica is also a bench player, and that Santarelli is deliberately using this first match (at least the start of it) to see how good is reserve option at OH.

• Zhana Todorova is injured so the young Mila Pashkuleva will try to replace her. About Vuchkova and Dimitrova i can't say anything. Probably they wanted some rest from NT.

Thanks for the asnwer. I've heard both Vuchkova and Dimitrova wanted a rest. I just didn't know about Todorova. A pity. Hope it's a slight injury and she fully recovers quickly.

• Heynen is surprisingly calm:lol:

• gray is killing canada with that awful receive

Canadian middles can't attack

• It's a complete mystery to me why Nasya Dimitrova has never played for a top club. There aren't many MBs who are this dominant in attack plus also decent in block.

I was about to write the same! Her slide attack is one of the best in the world, so powerful :super:

• It's a complete mystery to me why Nasya Dimitrova has never played for a top club. There aren't many MBs who are this dominant in attack plus also decent in block.

I was always wondering the same, but she used to play in PTT some years ago and she wasn’t THAT dominant to get some attention from better clubs. But yes, she could play in Italy or Turkey for sure.

I agree, she is very underrated. Probably bad choice of agency🤦

• Yeah, Bulgaria has very good MB. Nasya is amazing. What Germany needs is a true OPP right now. Stigrot's approach on position 2 is awful.:sos::call:

• If Heynen insists on playing with a receiving OPP, why doesn't he try Emonts? Stigrot is pretty useless today...

EDIT Now Emonts enters for Alsmeier who just scored a point before :what::aww:

He subs Alsmeier when she just killed a pipe :aww::hit:Come on Heynen. Insisting in a lineup which is not delivering what it can having other players on the bench who are able to do the job.