2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• I watched only the first set and a half, but what I've seen Brankica was actually solid and to a lesser extent so was Busa (I see her percentages sharply dropped in the latter half of the match). Bad game for Aleksic. Fairly good serving performance from the whole team, even with such a relatively high number of errors. Tica her usual dominating self (even while visibly at half speed)

I've never seen any player intentionally aim for the tip of the net so many times in a single match as Maglio (I think it was?).:lol:

I forgot to said that the biggest positive in this match for me was Drča. Of course, there are no brilliant moves and points clawed from nowhere, but she was so utterly reliant and consistent, with excellent distribution of balls, even when reception was pressed. If she continues like this, it will be a major plus for Serbia.

• Yes, that is mostly correct. If the point difference is high, then the impact will be high if the lower-ranked team wins, and will be low if the higher-ranked team wins.

Rank points for WCH a lot more significant than expected though

i.e. Korea #21 lost to DR #9 and lost 4.82 points dropping to #24, despite being so far apart in rank

Compared to losing <0.5 points in matches against Top 10 opponents in the VNLs

• Rank points for WCH a lot more significant than expected though

i.e. Korea #21 lost to DR #9 and lost 4.82 points dropping to #24, despite being so far apart in rank

Compared to losing <0.5 points in matches against Top 10 opponents in the VNLs

It is not the ordinal rank that matters, but the difference of ranking points.

WCH has a factor of 45, which is just 1/8 more than VNL's factor of 40.

• I forgot to said that the biggest positive in this match for me was Drča. Of course, there are no brilliant moves and points clawed from nowhere, but she was so utterly reliant and consistent, with excellent distribution of balls, even when reception was pressed. If she continues like this, it will be a major plus for Serbia.

this!! You don’t ever notice her because she never messes up. She just sets such consistent balls to everyone. I do wish she used the middle a bit more yesterday tho

• A correspondent of SportKlub bitched and moaned about conditions of pretty much everything in Arnhem for full 5 minutes prior to the match.:lol:

Again, LoL.

But some things are really bizzare.

The changing rooms are outside the stadium, improvised in a kind of "container", and it's raining outside and then the players run in their jerseys covered with towels and umbrellas.

• Again, LoL.

But some things are really bizzare.

The changing rooms are outside the stadium, improvised in a kind of "container", and it's raining outside and then the players run in their jerseys covered with towels and umbrellas.

lol fyre festival 2.0

• this!! You don’t ever notice her because she never messes up. She just sets such consistent balls to everyone. I do wish she used the middle a bit more yesterday tho

Maja was visibly out of rhythm, and Jovana, while excellent at slide attacks and block, is relatively poor for her standards at quick attacks. Having that in mind, IMO Bojana set just the right amount for middles.

• Drca felt some pain in her back after yesterday's match, so today Mirkovic will start.

Theories about Mihajlovic and Busa start falling apart, because they will start today as well.

• Drca felt some pain in her back after yesterday's match, so today Mirkovic will start.

=O

Please be nothing, please be nothing!!:obey:

• =O

Please be nothing, please be nothing!!:obey:

Nothing serious, she is better already, can play, but coaching staff decision is not to risk anything.

• Bulgaria took second set.

Serbia is nowhere to find in block, Boskovic with no best match in her career + Mirkovic is good platform for opposite team.

Mihajlovic attack is on point, but playing with her as regular receiver (not using 2 man receiving system) is dangerous zone, Lozo should stay (and apparently she will), we don't need drama.

Popovic the Ghost.

• this is perfectly summed up