2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Stenzel with normal Z and no Sh like in German "St"

But then what's the difference in pronouncation between Stencel and Stenzel? :white:

On topic: this must have been Poland's best match this year, convincing performance in all elements :obey: I'm afraid Germany won't win any match in 2nd round if they get there X/

• What just happened. I’ve never seen Thailand so helpless.

They played against a team which is smart. Poland did a good job with blocks and tipping over Thai blocks. That's all one needs to beat them.

• But then what's the difference in pronouncation between Stencel and Stenzel? :white:

On topic: this must have been Poland's best match this year, convincing performance in all elements :obey: I'm afraid Germany won't win any match in 2nd round if they get there X/

Stenzel - is pronounced with normal Z (not like in German´s Z which sounds like "ts")

• great game girls if they could keep this to another matches

• Not me who spent 15 minutes to find out who Anna Hall is when I came across her on the USA roster page. Turned out to be Anna Stevenson 🤣

More worse, NCAA fans who are clueless about international vb seeing "Hall" on the roster thinking Thayer Hall (Florida) made the A Team and switched to middle blocker. :gone:

• As i said few days ago, Kenya vs Cameron match had huge stakes.

Kenya received 13,04 points, same number of points Cameron lose, so this match was worth 26,08 points.

Difference from this two team now is just 2 points.

We can expect also to both team give 1000% against Puerto Rico, it would not be 26 points, but 13 for sure, and i am not sure if this can be saved with African continental competitions.

• it's kind of messed up, isn't it? Kenya sweeps Cameroon 3-0 but in the end it may still be Cameroon who gets into the Olympics in Paris.

Ideally they both should be given a chance to play VNL with the powerhouse teams then the rankings will actually reflect who deserves it more accurately, since there is no longer a playoff for the Olympic spot.

• it's kind of messed up, isn't it? Kenya sweeps Cameroon 3-0 but in the end it may still be Cameroon who gets into the Olympics in Paris.

Ideally they both should be given a chance to play VNL with the powerhouse teams then the rankings will actually reflect who deserves it more accurately, since there is no longer a playoff for the Olympic spot.

In their previous two games Cameroon won against Kenya so the difference indeed is not that big. I don't think it is a good idea to include African teams to VNL, it already has very weak teams like Korea, there's no point to reduce the level further