2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• I don't understand why Heynen insists on Stigrot as if she's freaking Zhu Ting...

• Canada miss a good libero

• I don't understand why Heynen insists on Stigrot as if she's freaking Zhu Ting...

Nobody does, probably not even herself. Drewniok was 3/5 when she played and did well in the previous matches too, Stigrot hasn't shown anything in the whole tournament.

Right now I have no words for the match and for Heynen that wouldn't force me to ban my own account :gone:

• October 1, 2022 Scenarios (After CAN-GER, PUR-KEN)

Pool A

ITA clinched on Sept. 27

NED clinched on Sept. 28
    BEL clinched on Sept. 29

PUR clinched on Oct. 1, 4th in Pool C

Pool B

THA clinched on Sept. 29, cannot match sets ratio with teams in front of them

DOM clinched on Sept. 28, will finish 3rd in Pool B (11 points to 10 max if lost)
    POL clinched on Sept. 28, WIN VS. TUR, 1st in Pool B
    TUR clinched on Sept. 29, WIN VS. POL, 1st in Pool B

Pool C
    USA clinched on Sept. 29, WIN VS. SRB, 1st in Pool C
    SRB clinched on Sept. 29, WIN VS. USA, 1st in Pool C

CAN 3rd in Pool C

GER 4th in Pool C

Pool D
    CHN clinched on Sept. 28, better sets ratio 4.333 than BRA 2.600 and JPN best is 3.000 (3-0 sweep)
    BRA clinched on Sept. 28
    JPN clinched on Sept. 30, WIN vs. ARG in 3 SETS, 2nd in Pool C
    ARG clinched on Sept. 30, locked in 4th in Pool D

• I don't like the situation with the Belgian Team but just the thought that they'll be missing from VNL 2023 whereas both Korea and Croatia will be there is kinda depressive

• I know we meme her a lot, but Shannon talked about her experience as the only female head coach at the tournament.

"Working in this space, I think it's a big deal for other women to see it's possible, not just because I'm a woman but because I'm a woman who's married and has a young family," Winzer said. "There's a way to make it work. I hope being a bit more visible will allow other women to do the same."

"I always say: 'Men have to prove they can't coach and I need to prove I can coach.'"

(the whole article is a lot longer)

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olym…-shannon-winzer-1.6600499

• I don't like the situation with the Belgian Team but just the thought that they'll be missing from VNL 2023 whereas both Korea and Croatia will be there is kinda depressive

Korea-Croatia match is the slowest match I've seen all tournament lmao, it feels like another age group or something :rolll:

• "I always say: 'Men have to prove they can't coach and I need to prove I can coach.'"

that's well said

I honestly think she is doing really well with team Canada, they obviously have great atmosphere, she is more of a motivational speaker than a tactician on the time outs but well they probably have people in the staff who take care of this too

• The young Korean players are definitely improving though - many only in their first few years in professional league, props to them for toughing it out in the National Team when many more experienced one backed out due to dubious 'injuries'

• The young Korean players are definitely improving though - many only in their first few years in professional league, props to them for toughing it out in the National Team when many more experienced one backed out due to dubious 'injuries'

hope they outplay them in the domestic leagues

• that's well said

I honestly think she is doing really well with team Canada, they obviously have great atmosphere, she is more of a motivational speaker than a tactician on the time outs but well they probably have people in the staff who take care of this too

Coaches with positive vibes >>>>