2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• "Life as a Middle Blocker: The difficulties of middle blocking best explained by myself, a Middle blocker", by awarded Middle Blocker, Ci Michel.

You can get your copy soon at your local bookstore.

• I just realized DR, Poland, Germany, Thailand and Canada are actually so close in wins and points rn depending on how the day ends, it's still anyone's spot, though Thailand has to face USA and SRB

• I just realized DR, Poland, Germany, Thailand and Canada are actually so close in wins and points rn depending on how the day ends, it's still anyone's spot, though Thailand has to face USA and SRB

Canada and Germany have the advantage of not having to play (technically: having already played) USA and SRB.

• How much bigger are the chances that Group C will have 3 quarterfinalists than just 2 days ago? I bet no one would have bet on something like that...

• How much bigger are the chances that Group B will have 3 quarterfinalists than just 2 days ago? I bet no one would have bet on something like that...

I must be misunderstanding the question, zero? Can't see either USA or SRB not making it

• How much bigger are the chances that Group B will have 3 quarterfinalists than just 2 days ago? I bet no one would have bet on something like that...

The top 4 in Pool B took so much out of each other just to make the 2nd round, Turkey because they had the best record and points could at least say, we survived better than everyone else. Really it was a group of death because only 1 team will probably make it to the quarterfinals. As opposed to Pool D, three tough teams will probably all make the quarterfinals.

• Janko probably meant group C

Yep, sorry for the confusion.:S

It's funny how the 2 teams from group B that had the score 3-2 have Serbia and USA for their first 2 matches in this stage, while the 2 teams that had 4-1 will have Canada & Germany for their first two. Did they do it on purpose? It would be a pretty major coincidence if it was by chance...

• The Egonu from 2018-2019 was much deadlier and efficient than the current one. I missed that Egonu who is so reliable on critical moments. :(

She changed the way she attacks after she joined Imoco, front row and back row.

With Woloz's high and fast setting, she is able to hit most of the balls above the block when she is in front row, because it's really fast. The team's result and achievement overall proved it's not a bad transformation.

The problem is that in Italian NT team, there is no Woloz, only unstable Orro and Malinov, they can't not feed her balls like Woloz did. Egonu don't even do approach running when she attacks from back row now, she just stand there and jump(standing long jump lol). I don't recall any opposite do that, not even in male games.

I guess it's good for saving energy in the long term that she is hitting fast ball not high ball all the time but it's quite risky..... less dominant. Hope she become more reliable in knockout phase.

• October 5, 2022 Quarterfinal Clinching Scenarios (After ITA-JPN & THA-GER)

Pool E
    NONE

Pool F
    SRB: WIN vs. DOM, SRB will reach 7 wins, THA and other teams below them can only reach 6 wins

USA: WIN vs. POL in <5 SETS AND DOM LOSS vs. SRB, USA will reach 6 wins and 18 points, THA can only reach 6 wins and a maximum 17 points (1 five-set loss)

October 5, 2022 Elimination Scenarios

Pool E
    ARG: LOSS vs. BEL AND CHN WIN vs. PUR, ARG can only reach 4 wins and ITA, JPN, BRA, CHN & BEL would all be on 5 wins

Pool F
    GER: LOSS vs. THA, GER can only reach 4 wins, SRB, USA, TUR & THA would all be on 5 wins

• It's funny how the 2 teams from group B that had the score 3-2 have Serbia and USA for their first 2 matches in this stage, while the 2 teams that had 4-1 will have Canada & Germany for their first two. Did they do it on purpose? It would be a pretty major coincidence if it was by chance...

I think so, normally, the first in one pool plays the other side in ascending order barring anyone hosting (i.e. 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st)