2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• I think it is okay to have bad moments when you meet the best server of the world (Boskovic). And Serbia is overall a great team from service line.

But I get your point. :win:

That's a weird way to spell Annie Drews :lol::lol:

• Congrats Serbia! I've been supporting the USA ever since I started following the sport, though Karch made it reaaaally difficult for me during this entire summer. Still, of course, I was cheering for them today. And I'm sad that they missed the opportunity to take it to five, especially for Kelsey (who, I was soooo sure, would serve into the net/out during those last points, and she impressed me lots when she didn't) who came alive during the 3rd set and showed more fight and passion than I've seen from her this entire tournament. But Serbia was hands down the better team and they definitely deserved their place in the final.

Considering injuries,the lack of terminal hitters, etc, it would take a miracle for this US team, lacking the experience and the ball control that the veterans brought to the game, to achieve 1/2nd place (or perhaps even reach the semis, had they played any other team yesterday). I was even sure that they were gonna get swept, and I'm really happy that they didn't and they fought in the last two sets. But why, oh why, didn't Karch learn anything from the VNL QF match, or even the Thailand match? No one knows for sure if Carlini, SWP, Plummer or even Larson and MBH would have changed the result today, but the point is, we will never know, because he never tried them.

Did Ze know for sure that him subbing in Roberta/Lorenne/Rosamaria yesterday would pay off?Definitely not, but at least he tried something different, he didn't just stick to his originals and say Yep, those are my starters, if they can't do it, no one can. What's the point of bringing 14 players if you're gonna use only a very ill-timed double sub and a serving sub that never actually ended up being successfull?Or,even worse, wait until a struggling player is injured to replace them?

Did this starting lineup of the USA deserve to go to the final? No, I can't say that they did. But could a potentially different lineup (within the same 14 player roster) have made it? Karch never gave them a chance.

Anyways, I hope that they manage to regroup and bring their best game (with whatever lineup) to the bronze medal match. And I also really hope that Brazil wins tomorrow against Italy, cause a)It'd be boring to see a repeat of the 2018 final, b)I want Gabi, Carol and co to grab that gold and c)I need my two favorite teams on different finals on Saturday lol

its time for Brazil to get that elusive title.

• Congratulations for Serbia :flower:they have chance to keep title World Champions for another 4 years. I cant wait for final:cheesy:

Congratulations also fo USA for fighting to the last ball:flower:

And now time for next semi-final battle:box:

• Now that the Poland matches are over, so I hope are Rob (Canadian guy) and Ci's commentary presence in this tournament (and any future ones if possible). Clayton is all we want from now on.

• I would love to see the Serbia-Brazil final

Everything is possible with Carol on the pitch, besides Brazil is playing much better in this tournament than Italy and in my opinion the Serbia-Brazil final would be the most attractive for the fans :super:

But Serbia's form is impressive and they are in the final for a reason, they don't go below a certain level and Egon has a very average tournament for her, to be honest I thought he would be in much better shape

But I'm a huge fan of the Carol-Stevanovic fight:flower:

• a)It'd be boring to see a repeat of the 2018 final,

If It happen, it wouldn't be boring cause the 2018 final is one of the highest level international volleyball matches in recent years, at least for the standard of final. Much much better than the Olympic final... (Don't get me wrong, USA totally deserved the title, but in term of match quality, the 2018 final is much better and intense.)

But I'm a huge fan of the Carol-Stevanovic fight

I looking forward to a fight between Moki and Santarelli LOL.

• Serbia lost badly for Italy this summer in Naples and also lost in a very bad way at the European Championship last year, so i think Italy is going to win easily this time, 3 - 1 over Serbia.

I don't think so - the difference in comparison to ECH Final is that while a year ago Bosko had no help from OHs, Pietrini was co-MVP of Italian team at the tournament - now Busa plays really well and Mihajlovic got resurrected to some degree, while Pietrini got benched, didn't she, Bosetti is a no show offensively so far and Sylla is ... Sylla. I'd bet that Egonu will push Italy to the final, but Serbia will be a clear cut favorite there, and I wouldn't be even so sure Italy will advance over Brazil considering this tournament's performance so far.

The consistency of this Serbian team is incredible, they're in a medal phase at every target event (ECH, WCH, OG) since ... 2015 or so? That's one of the reasons why I wouldn't mind if they repeat their success from 4 years ago, after all consistency is what matters in volleyball the most.

Btw. there were some doubts about Santarelli and Lavarini considering how last league's season went for both of their teams, but it seems they definitely prove themselves at the very top level.

• The consistency of this Serbian team is incredible, they're in a medal phase at every target event (ECH, WCH, OG) since ... 2015 or so?

Yes, counting those 3 competitions (which are the most important tournaments for Europeans, come at me avid & fire_cai_bin:box:), the last tournament we didn't medal was 2014 World Championship.

• Watching some replays of USA games with Brazilian Commentary. I thought the "Chicleteiras" word was only used by the Brazilian fans until I heard the commentator mention it a couple of times and even sang it in jest. Hilarious. :lol:

• If at least someone helps Gabi in attack and Italy keeps playing at this level I don't see them making it through. I'm still cautiously optimistic because also in VNL they were messy until the QFs but then played great for semi and final. Egonu did give some encouraging signs in the last set Vs China but other than Danesi and De Gennaro I don't see anyone else playing at their best

• If at least someone helps Gabi in attack and Italy keeps playing at this level I don't see them making it through. I'm still cautiously optimistic because also in VNL they were messy until the QFs but then played great for semi and final. Egonu did give some encouraging signs in the last set Vs China but other than Danesi and De Gennaro I don't see anyone else playing at their best

I'm expecting a tough match (even though I can't with 5 set) and hoping for Brazil to serve well and Italian setters to play at their normal level :whistle:

• the semis between JAP vs BRA was entertaining alright, but the screaming finals between jacqueline x gamova RUS x BRA was the real deal. everyone wanted a catfight to happen. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

The 35x33 second set was just :rose:

That match was a masterpiece, in all senses. Feel gutted for Japan, but we all wanted a BRA x RUS rematch in the finals. But that match is one of the best I have ever watched, pure volleyball. Fabiana waking up from the third set on, Sassa coming for the rescue, Takeshita, Saori and Ebata :cheesy: Amazing match.