2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Italian coaches are failing big times in this tournament.

Guidetti? Yes

Lavarini -> QF

Mazzanti -> 3rd/4th place

Santarelli -> potenitally gold medal winner

Many things can be said about the Italian coaches, but "failing big" is not one of them tbh

Let's not forget that there is more than 1 team who can win the tournament. Also name any other country delivering that many top team coaches.. I'll wait

• Canada.

none of them can even get near the greatness of Shannon Winzer

• Better and more cohesive team won. Another monster performance by Queen Carol!!:heart:

Congrats to our Brazilian friends! I have a feeling you will win that gold that has eluded you in the last couple of tournaments. Everything points to it, including giving the best accounting of yourself so far of all teams and having the best coach.:box::flower:

Hats off.:thumbup:

• not sure if this is sarcasm since i'm not familiar with Brazil NT program, but why most of their players are in 30s or late 20s? :lol:

that aint sarcasm.

They still have Lorrayna, Julia Bergmann, Ana Cristina, Diana, Mayany, Kisy Julia K, Lorena, Tainara all under 25yo.

Helena Wenk (the next Mari ) (17yo/199cm), Aline Segato (17yo/185cm OH)

• not sure if this is sarcasm since i'm not familiar with Brazil NT program, but why most of their players are in 30s or late 20s? :lol:

these two ;(

is that Plack wearing a Brazil jersey? :love:

• Carol doesn't need to go to Europe... she became this amazing player here, playing with part of Brazilian NT staff in Praia... She seems happy, playing with Anne... Don't see why she would leave

• Well, the first 3 sets where a joy to watch! Especially the second and third set where enjoyable, because there were some great rally's:cheesy:

Kudos to the WHOLE team of Brazil, including bench players and staff, because I've never seen such a confident and close team!!!:obey: Every young middle blocker should be forced to watch Carol, because her block movement is just insane:box: As someone who likes the slide attack as much as I do, I loved to see Carol Gattaz playing:love: Her movement is so natural and that on her age! She played great today. Rosamaria also deserves to be featured, because she played with a lot of confidence! Not only good contribution in attack, but also really stable in reception and defense:saint: Nyeme maybe made a few mistakes, but she kept Brazil in de game a lot of times. For me she outplayed De Gennaro today to be honest...

Compared to the confidence of Brazil, Italy looked pretty nervous and almost scared. It doesn't seem like they are a real team, but separated in groups... Caterina Bosetti seems to be one of the causes, what an attitude that girl has:down: Egonu made a lot of mistakes, but wasn't helped at all by any of her teammates:( Orro gets a lot of criticism, but she didn't have an easy job. First three sets she did a decent job. She is able to get the ball in the right spot, when reception is really bad! In the fourth set she should have been subbed earlier though... I looked forward to watch De Gennaro live, but I have to say she disappointed me a bit?( She didn't play bad, but she didn't perform at the level I imagened. Her sets for example weren't in the high tempo as usual.

Now I'm ready for the volleyball party on Saterday:drink:

PS: Before the match Egonu went crazy when she saw Piccinini on the side line. She ran to Piccinini and started hugging her and disrupted a live interview on television. It was really fun to see:lol:

• Carol doesn't need to go to Europe... she became this amazing player here, playing with part of Brazilian NT staff in Praia... She seems happy, playing with Anne... Don't see why she would leave

Was wondering where our sloth is...congrats, my friend.:flower:

• It doesn't seem like they are a real team, but separated in groups... Caterina Bosetti seems to be one of the causes,

This was discussed actually in the podcast by Dijkema &co. There is (or used to be) a 'camp Bosetti' and 'camp Egonu' within the Italian team. Nowadays it isn't as bad as it used to be, but up until a few years ago there was lots of drama in the team. The composition of the camps changed from time to time also

Robin had some nice insights on that in the podcast

• I mean Folie didn’t play for NT this Summer because of Pietrini :whistle:

Fahr is for sure huge upgrade for Italian NT, they have still something to ad in future.

• This was discussed actually in the podcast by Dijkema &co. There is (or used to be) a 'camp Bosetti' and 'camp Egonu' within the Italian team. Nowadays it isn't as bad as it used to be, but up until a few years ago there was lots of drama in the team. The composition of the camps changed from time to time also

Robin had some nice insights on that in the podcast

Since I started following volleyball, Italy has always had some issues like that among players and between some players and coaches:what: Still they manage to medal in important tournaments more often than not:what:

• Egonu scored 30 points tonight and yet she receives so much criticism. For sure she has been in a better form but she really can't do it alone. Nobody can (okay except Carol:teach:)

And 16 errors. I honestly didn't think she would ever manage to play a worse match than 2019 European Championship semi (even Tokyo quarters was better then that), but here we are....the best player in the world, ladies and gentleman. Apparently.:P

• I thought it would be a nice change to see the Serbia-Brazil final:cup:

Congratulations to Serbia and Brazil :box: