2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Egonu scored 30 points tonight and yet she receives so much criticism. For sure she has been in a better form but she really can't do it alone. Nobody can (okay except Carol:teach:)

Well, she played poorly today, but the problem is Italy in general is definitely not in a good shape. Mazzanti is very streaky coach in this sense you never know what to expect, and, well, Italy a year ago was definitely in a better shape during ECH than during Olympic Games, and this season was definitely better during VNL than during WCH. Let's be honest, that's pathetic. He's lucky that he has Egonu so he won't downgrade to the level that would make him to be sacked due to poor results, but this is overall really underwhelming.

But that doesn't neglect a fact that Brazil was today simply amazing and the only under-pressure moment was partially (3rd set) related to bad officiating and some streak of points after a referee's mistake rather than due to their level of play - simply outstanding blocking, block-defense relation, limitation of individual errors and great all-round performance from all of spikers considering that Gabi was slowly adapting (at least offensively) to the game today. Just fantastic.

Like I said in one of the earlier posts - this is a pure example of how big difference world-class coach can make over only solid coach - you can't downplay successes that Mazzanti has achieved, but he's nowhere near close to Ze, and a fact that with probably weaker roster (let's be objective here, at best similar ones) Brazil rather comfortably again at the target event accomplishes better result than Italy is a consequence of that. He's the GOAT, isn't he?

Even though I would support Italy in most cases - this time I am just veery happy that this time - NT with better team play, setting distribution, all-round performance (just compare input of MBs of both teams offensively...) won today, and I highly appreciate this result. And I will support Brazil considering that's the only gold they lack in their gallery, although both teams surely deserve all the best.

Bronze medal game will be the lesser failure competition. :lol:

• I hope Brasil can get this gold.they do very good job this time.and for italy,they need to find a new setter or change their coach.still think no perfect team now.everyteam has their weakpoints that cant easily be changed.

• Speaking of (alleged) couples, I can't believe no one has yet said anything of the fact that Rosamaria and Stevanovic will soon battle to determine who will be on top...of the world.

What did you think I was going to say! Get your mind out of the gutter!:cursing::saint:

• we have a strong league :super::super:

Who said otherwise anyways?

And your best players are playing abroad :whistle:

• Who said otherwise anyways?

And your best players are playing abroad :whistle:

No one said otherwise. He was just expressing a thought. Stop being so rude because Brazil is playing for gold and you are mad at it. OMG the atmosphere in the forum has been so nice lately and you keep posting shitty and shady stuff.

• By the way thanks everyone for rooting or for simply complementing our team. We are so happy and excited for Saturday! Let's fight for the Gold! Also hoping for better referees and for a great atmosphere in the stadium:super:

• I never want to hear again that Egonu is better than Bošković lol. It’s not a competition anymore. It’s clear.

Sure let's make that statement right after Egonu had a bad match, very comprehensive conclusion 👏 egonu has higher highs and lower lows than Boskovic and this doesn't mean one is better than other, at least not as clear as you dream

• No one said otherwise. He was just expressing a thought. Stop being so rude because Brazil is playing for gold and you are mad at it. OMG the atmosphere in the forum has been so nice lately and you keep posting shitty and shady stuff.

Who the fuck are you to tell me what to post? I also express my thought. I'm free to support any team I want 😉 since when not supporting your team is being rude🤦

• There are a lot of things to talk about Brazil but I want to highlight the fact that when Brazil is determined, no one can stop them. It was the same in London 2012, it is same now. I am sure now that they are in the finals a lot of people would say, “Oh I always thought they would,” but in reality no one expected them to get to the final, let alone with such great game. Defense and block was superb and what’s important is, even though she managed to contribute on other elements, there were times Gabi had hard time to score and other players took the lead and helped her. It was so fun to watch how they evolved over the summer.

As a fan of volleyball, I don’t have a favorite for the final, I just want to see a great game from both teams and hopefully 5th set will determine the champion once again. I also have to state that having cheered for Russia both in 2006 and 2010 editions, maybe it is time for Brazil to collect the missing gold for their collection.

• Anyone knows where can I watch the replay for Brazil vs Italy but in Portuguese this time?

• Anyone knows where can I watch the replay for Brazil vs Italy but in Portuguese this time?

Right now on SporTV lol it's a Brazilian cable channel. But also there is a group on telegram that posts every single volley match but I don't have the link, sorry

• Sure let's make that statement right after Egonu had a bad match, very comprehensive conclusion 👏 egonu has higher highs and lower lows than Boskovic and this doesn't mean one is better than other, at least not as clear as you dream

What is higher high of Egonu than Boskovic hitting with 60% and only 6 errors in WCH SF? Egonu is fantastic but she doesn’t get better than this. I would say they have similar high level and Boskovic low level is better than Egonu low level. I have never seen Bosko hitting 16 errors in an important match.

• What happened to referees Susana Rodriguez and Patricia Rolf? They used to be at every major tournament

We need them back for the final

oh please no lolllll